Satwik SaiRaj RankiReddy/ Chirag Shetty

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by Baddie lover, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Satwik SaiRaj RankiReddy
    Place of birth - Ammalapuram, Andhra Pradesh
    Date of Birth - 13 August, 2000

Chirag Shetty
    Place of birth - Mumbai
    Date of birth - 4th July, 1997

Results :

1. Hyderabad Open Super 100 (Champion)
    2. Syed Modi Super 300 (Runner Up)
    3. CWG (Runner Up)

1) Thailand Open Super 500 (Champion)
    2) French Open Super 750 (Runner Up)

First Indian MD pair to win SS/WTS 500 tournament. First Indian MD pair to reach top 10 of World Rankings.

Satwik RankiReddy is a child prodigy who has a very lethal smash. Chirag Shetty has tremendously improved his front court play now. This pair has the potential to be world beaters. Looking forward to see more tournament wins from them in future. Will they be Saina Nehwal of Indian doubles and make future generation inspire to take doubles in India, we will see in future.

arjevo, Baddyforall and Biglever like this.
  2. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Satwik/Chirag have broken into top 10 in the latest ranking update. Are they the first Ind MD to do so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Baddie lover

I think they reached top 10 by winning Thai Open too. Today they returned to top 10 again. Yes, they are the first Indian pair to break into top 10.

4. Baddie lover

5. Baddie lover

SatwikChirag beat EndoWata once again in three games 21-18, 21-23, 21-11. I think today they played a better game than the last time they met this Japanese pair. Today, they were confident in their attacks and defended very well. I think they played with belief that they can beat EndoWata once again, that proved to be crucial.

They could have finished the match in two games. Had 2 match points in 20-18 until Japanese pair scored three back to back points to make the score 21-20. In the first game, they came back from 17-14 down and in second game they came back from 18-15 down. It was heartening to see them coming back from 3-4 points down to march ahead later. In the decider it was one way traffic.

For tomorrow I think it'll be 50-50 with slight advantage to LiLiu as they'll play in front of their home crowd. It will be tough tomorrow.

6. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Where did you stream today's match?

7. Baddie lover

Dian anita channel.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  8. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Couldn’t watch the match. Thanks for the highlights. Hope they play well tomorrow too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baddie lover likes this.
  9. Baddie lover

Another win against WR 3 Li/Liu by the scoreline 21-19, 21-15. It was a satisfactory performance by them, really liked the way they played today. Playing against Chinese in their own backyard as it brings more pressure on the opponent team because most of Chinese players thrive on the home crowd support.

SatwikChirag both were better today against LiLiu. And it's heartening to see the support they got from few Indians there. Today their defence was solid too and they didn't feel uncomfortable in long rallies. Tomorow it's gonna be against Minions. I think if they stretch the match to the decider, it would be a good performance as h2h is pretty lopsided but yeah, always play for the win.

I think Satwik needs to have more variations from the back like the one he did a cross court drop which proved to be a winner. Otherwise opponent will know that he'll always smash. Of course his smashes have killer instinct, but it would be better to have some more variations.

Its time to update my favourite MD in my profile to joint Satwik/Chirag and LYD/JJS :D. Keep going guys. Best of luck for tomorrow's match.

PS: Whatever the result of tomorrow's match, I think they'll reach no.7 rank surpassing Astrup/ Anders and Han/Zhou.

#9 Baddie lover, Nov 7, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    Swas44 and Biglever like this.
  10. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

who currently coaching that IND pair right now?
    I heard is the person who came from Malaysia...

11. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Flandy Limpele of Indonesia.

12. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

oops, forgot that person Tan Kim Her already gone to coach JPN MD...

13. Biglever

Biglever Regular Member

Engineer
    Really great result for SatwikChirag beating home pair Li/Liu in straight sets. Couple of improvements I could think of:

1. Chirag definitely needs to improve his serve. Right from his early days he is struggling. Can't give 3-5 free points every match.

2. Satwik - Adding more variations from back court like he did in Thailand Open. Improve the defence lil bit.

Hoping to see a good fight tomorrow. All the best guys.

Play hard. Train harder.

mohans and Baddie lover like this.
  14. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

There was an interview of them after winning Thailand Open 2019.
    Their English is quite good.
    Actually, Satwik is from Amalapuram, from the state of Andhra Pradesh.
    I never thought he will speak English .

15. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Why do you think so?

16. Baddyforall

My brother is working there as a doctor and he used to say that about the local people. May be i am wrong about my judgement.

17. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Interested in knowing that strong signal about local people that helped in making your judgement.

**May be going off topic, but interested.

18. Baddyforall

Nevermind.

19. Baddyforall

In Hongkong Open 2019, satwik/chirag are in opposite half of the draw to minions. I have the feeling they will reach finals if everything goes fine.

20. Baddie lover

https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...3303F12-E5BF-4D78-BB58-9E1236DD64A1&match=128

SatwikChirag lost against WR1 Minions 21-16, 22-20. I saw the graph sheet of the match and based on that I'll write where we went wrong. Firstly congrats to Minions for reaching final once again. Minions really are playing well and today SatwikChirag did play better than the last time they met Minions barring some moments where they should have capitalised the lead.

In game 1, SatwikChirag had 7-4 lead until they lost 6 consecutive points and the score became 10-7. Then SatwikChirag won two points to make it 10-9. Then Minions again scored 4 consective points to make it 14-9 and then both pairs won some points till Minions razed away to win the first game 21-16. What we see from first game is you shouldn't give an inch to top pairs like Minions otherwise they'll hurt you real bad.

In game 2, SatwikChirag had 10-8 lead until Minions scored 3 consective points to lead at the interval 11-10. Then it was going toe to toe till 14-14 and then SatwikChirag stepped up to make it 16-14, 17-15 and then 18-16. Now, here the turning point came. This was the time when they had to step up the gear but Minions were mentally strong and tactically superior here. Minions again scored 3 back to back points to make it 19-18. Now here, the alarm bell started to ring but SatwikChirag somehow stretched the game to deuce and then they lost the match 22-20. They needed to build upon the momentum at 18-16 as they indeed played well but its all okay when you start to take positives from the loss and work on it so that next time you come stronger.

SatwikChirag had played really well and engaged in long rallies with Minions which were won by both of them time to time. Today their defence was better too than last time. And when you're playing against Minions, only attacking won't win you points as you have best front court player Kevin and you have a workhorse in Marcus who is strong too in defence better than the Indian pair. I think variations from backcourt will prove crucial when they meet Minions next time. There were some 3-4 rallies which were very intense and really fast. That was heartwarming because I never expected any Indian pair to play like that. Chirag also wasn't faulted today luckily.

All in all a great match to witness. Next up is HKO. Hoping to see consistent performance from them in future. All the best and chin up SatwikChirag.