FUZHOU CHINA Open 2019 : R/32-FINAL (05-10 November)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Nov 4, 2019.

1. mart333

mart333 Regular Member

2 more to go? Any record to break? Or just 2 more tournaments this year?

2. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Watched that last point. wow.. what an entertaining value Kevin brings to court everytime he plays.

3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Usually it's the delaying by the opponents.

4. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Will like to see them break their SS record in a year, today they only equal it.. and overall no of titles stand at 9 last year, total this year they only have 8. so hope they win 2 more.

5. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

What is this? Refrain from attacking posters personally.

6. super-g

super-g Regular Member

If you haven't noticed they have not played any SuperSeries tournaments for almost two years now. So nobody is breaking any SuperSeries records. They may break some World Tour records though.

7. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Same..unless if you mean S100 is included then anyone can be breaking anyone record for that matter.

8. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

People attack when they run out of logic. Better to avoid them ;)

Baddyforall likes this.
  9. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Just wanted to let him know that if anything goes out of hand and let his emotions take control of him , then moderators will step in. :)

Baddie lover likes this.
  10. mart333

mart333 Regular Member

They just renamed it to world tour.. Same thing different package..

11. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

Do you even read (properly) what people post before you respond? I'm not even going to bring up your ongoing argument with others regarding TTY's retirement during Semi Finals.

When I said Nozomi Okuhara might choke, I just simply meant, she might choke and that if she did not choke, I (as a supporter) would be very happy. It wasn't meant to be a prediction. Whatever I said - at least with regard to NO - was not a prediction; if anything, it implicitly suggested that CYF was the clear favourite.

CLELY, LenaicM, wade and 5 others like this.
  12. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    personal summary:

wd - hiroshima reminded everyone what they're capable of, evolving. lsh is in great shape jump smashing with good power and ssc continues to improve her all around game. the speed and power is definitely picking up a little in wd and so is more aggressive play. as long as this shift continues wd is going to be a treat come tokyo.

xd - i let it play in the background while doing other stuff. the current state of xd leads me to not care who wins or loses these china v china matches. it doesn't change anything of significance.

ws - nozomi style w/ the early big advantage, cyf style works her way back into it, butting heads in the 3rd with the risk taker prevailing. okuhara needs to mix it up more. her fast inside-out cut shot & fast slice from the baseline worked well, but i felt she didn't use them enough when a rally led to cyf a half-step deeper than normal from retrieving clears. nice to see cyf winning on guts. also nice to see okuhara looking as fit & healthy as ever.

ms - despite the 21-15 score of game 1 it was a momota clinic. almost expected an aa type wc blowout in game 2, however, ctc is no aa... thankfully! game 3 was such an entertaining roller coaster but on the whole momota showed why he's been able to dominate ms this year: the best weapon an opponent possesses isn't enough to beat the rest of what momota has. in other words ctc's smash is far superior, but it's not enough to overcome momota's complete skill set. i want to see split-screen shots of park joo-bong & ctc's fan club. now that's entertainment! i predict she'll be the most sought after selfie partner @ tournaments going forward, hahaha!

md - 1) kevin is fun to watch when he's on. 2) kevin is entertaining as hell to watch when he's focused. 3) kevin lights up the house when he's in the zone.
    you don't have to like him as a person, but if you don't at least respect a player with his talent & skills why are you watching sports at all?

#792 samkool, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  13. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

visor and yuquall like this.
  14. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

CHINA-JAPAN SHARING JOY, MINIONS REIGN
    The singles category presenting high tension duel, Chen Yufei succeeded to bring delighted mood for home crowd, the slow-starter Chinese was very sluggish at opening game, then found her fine rhythm in next two games to balance Nozomi Okuhara long rallies and moving her foe to run corner to corner, however the never give up Japanese showed firm attitude to keep pressure Chen in deciding game despite local favourite manage hefty lead most times, 12-5 then 19-13 but ended 21-18.

Chou Tien Chen exploited his best effort against reigning MS king Kento Momota, the most thrilling match in final day. Chou studied well Momota quality strokes as the Taiwanese could anticipate his opponent pattern precisely and put tenacity relentlessly that causing Momota working and thinking hard how to seal the match. It's not too often to witness Momota screaming to celebrate his victory, maybe this signalling he's under pressure and finally prevailed.

First two finals were out of prediction yesterday, fast conclusion than expected. Fukushima/Hirota are simply better than their final opponent, strong defense and sharp counter-attacking shots also nice placement to topple title holder Lee SH/Shin SC. Once again Zheng/Huang fail to defend title, indicating declining mode, Wang/Huang played smartly, less error to outwit their fast furious teammates, outmaneuvering Zheng SW at baseline while Huang YQ can't cover her partner weakness this time instead of producing unforced errors at front area.

Kamura/Sonoda practically no match for the Minions in Fuzhou final particularly second game segment. Kevin demonstrating his rare talent as usual, really entertaining to watch his creative shots including the last one when he did acrobatic return at net area to surprise Japanese player that couldn't anticipate the shot. The Indonesian incredible duo aiming 10th title in HKG this week.

It'sMeMeMe and yuquall like this.
  15. ong huigen

ong huigen Regular Member

I know how the modus operandi works here. I can find many instances where words that are worst then mine gets thrown around but because I am not the favourite, well it's a loop hole that can be taken. I had been called a cry baby a few times and funny how its being ignored.

Looking at your similar user names, my guess is you are probably related and so this defensive stance.

The thing is, that fella falsely accuse me of things I did not say. And when I asked him is there any other mixed doubles female stronger, he refused to answer. I know those kind of narcissistic types. And I bet ya he is not very useful in real life as well.

16. ong huigen

ong huigen Regular Member

It's OK. Anything you say OK. Anything you say.

17. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Yeahh Sherlock :D:D:confused::eek:o_O

18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

And are you? Useful in real life?
    What kind of real life are you living in, I am curious to know.

This is a badminton forum. Having similar user name using BAD or baddy or whatever derived from B.A.D.M.I.N.T.O.N are not uncommon. You can find many in here, are you going to accuse them for being all related? Of course people would go defensive if you go offensive toward them.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

So, it's not two shot dead, that's fake news which can be dangerous with dire consequences. Your post, only the video clip, assuming it's not edited, doesn't lie, showing what exactly and how it happened.

The rest, sorry, I don't trust your source. Thanks, anyway.