Victor 2020 New Products

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Junye, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Is the Wavepower series gone?

2. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    Seems they enhanced some aspects of the racket. Material name is added TR behind. (might be marketing too)

They 'claim'

1. Shaft stronger hence increasing the repulsion
    2. Shots will be more accurate
    3. Control ability increased
    4. Ease of defence increased

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Yeah, right... as if... what a huge load of marketing gibberish... :rolleyes:

Why not make it a 3U at least?

J the Bob likes this.
  4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Sorry to say, but IMO they rely too much on TTY. No disrespect for this gorgeous female player, but for marketing and based from my experience, the interest in the discipline of female pro players matches is below the interest of male pro players. There are quite a lot exceptions here, but having in mind, that it is in most clubs a 2:1 ratio of male to female players, I think it is not a smart move to rely to much on her and I can't imagine that female signature line sales equal as a male line. This is not any sexism or something like that, it's just my view and how I think the market work.

Nike wouldn't also rely on Wendie Renard for a marketing campaign too much and would add Lionel Messi or Kylian Mbappe. It is a simple marketing calculation that you should define your biggest consumer class and target them and add some side marketing to expand it.

And now to Victor. IMO Antonson is a great talented and young player, but the huge success and fan base is not there, yet. Until this will come they need any major male singles or a doubles player which is at same career level as TTY.

As long as Victor don't have any legendary or on the best way to become legendary male players, male buyers won't identify much with this brand. They harmed them with the sinking fiasco, they dropped the koreans which found with Yonex a even better sponsor and at the same time Li-Ning aimed for big players like lately Watanabe.

I think that they won't come back to 2010 to 2012 Level and the anime, manga and nerd fans of the badminton market are IMO a too specific group of buyers and the number of rackets is also low.

Li-Ning boost their sales with the loyal chinese market sponsoring the whole team, a successful team in badminton. Yonex picked a huge bunch of legendary and very successful players. I doubt that they get so dominating without a bunch of the top 10 players in the last decade. And Victor celebrate that the get a Antonson or HKW, like they got Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei. There runs something pretty wrong in the last 5 years.

Sibeale likes this.
  5. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

They seem to have imitated the Yonex Legends approach by using Cai Yun. High fives all round at that marketing meeting.

They just need to find legends of their own that had past success with victor, not li-ning. Got to wonder if the marketing team knows which company they work for.

ucantseeme likes this.
  6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Let's face it, they are clearly missing the funds to buy them some more top star sponsorings these days. Just look at the numbers on the Li-Ning contracts with PVS and Srikanth (how his performance justifies that number is a different story...:rolleyes:).

And what do you do when you only have one last shining star in your hand? You throw everything you have at it. And they know perfectly well that TTY is currently the only name in their "posession" that can sell anything on the Asian market. They desperately push Antonsen in Europe, but he doesn't have any serious marketing power (yet?).

7. ice man

ice man Regular Member

In Europe victor is run so badly that you’re better buy anything else...

Prices are sky rocketing, and people behind Victor are arrogant and not friendly...

ucantseeme likes this.
  8. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    They could push Lee Yang a bit more. I met him personal and he is a very friendly, respectful and entertaining player. They had get their hands on Ko/Shin who used also Victor Products after their retirement.

They got Cai Yun as inactive player, for nostalic fans of him maybe nice, but remember how the Thruster Dong get your attention. ;)

I think that they do the same mistake over and over again. You can milk the cow with a popular racket, but dropping repaints after less than 2 years for a shelf warmer is a bad move. Like in any other sports, the equipment get most attention, when pro athletes use/advertise them. Also releasing the 5 years a flood of pointless and random rackets is money, which could be invested in a few upcoming pros. Let's imagine that TTY is 25. How long can she pull it? I see it as a 5 years plan.

And if they can't get a big fish, an investment in the right top 20 players, can be also a solution. But if Antonson don't bring it or injure badly (he is actually doing very well, but he isn't anybody who entertain), they run out of poster boys.

I agree with that Victor Europe is a bunch of arrogant assholes. I remember that I wrote them, that I used Victor stuff exclusive since nearly a decade as I claimed warranty for my JS10s to corroborate my disappointment about the sinking issues in 4 of my rackets. Instead of beeing thankful for any loyal customer, they wrote me that there are many like me, it isn't something special for them.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  9. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Actually they didn't have their hands on Ko/Shin. It was simply by extension that Ko and Shin used their products because their professional corporate team sponsor was (and still is) Victor. That is also why you see Eom Hyewon using Victor as well because she also happens to be in the same team.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

10. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

Yeah, same goes to my country as well, especially after they sponsored national team, such a shame as it used to be one of the best badminton brand..

11. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I didn't said anything else. Before Ko/Shin get in touch with Apacs and signed contracts, they should target them. I don't mean inside the team sponsorship, I mean for international games. At team Samsung some switch for their games to Yonex rackets, others stick to their national team rackets without a stencil. E.g. LYD and KGJ. Who had which terms in the contract for which games, we didn't know. I really doubt that Apacs has more finiancial power to make a better offer than Victor for independence.

12. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Yeah I know what you meant about victor should have been targeting them. Just letting you know that Victor didn't actually have them.

And AFAIK and have seen most of the times there are discrepancies for Korean games has mostly been players either A. With personal contracts, or B. In the national team where their racket of choice is of a different brand and by and large they have been allowed to stick to it as long as there is no stencilled logo.

Regarding your Samsung example it has mostly been allowed to be personal choice if you're on the national team. A good couple of examples would be Kim Hana and LYD before they "retired". While still with BKA KHN was using the JS12 but she chose to stick to the VT70ETN when playing for Samsung. But with LYD he chose to stick with the BS12 throughout both until he retired and then immediately jumped back to a familiar platform in the ARC10. This is around the same time period btw about late 2015 early 2016 when Samsung went back to YY from their previous Victor sponsorship.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

13. yenyesoh

yenyesoh Regular Member

14. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

will it be Vicorza or Forztor products and branding?

15. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Can't really make sense of that. The only thing that get clear from the statement is that the European market will be divided between the "old" Victor Europe for anything south of the german-danish border, and Sports Group Denmark for anything north of it. The way I understand it, they will keep both brands alive and basically only join forces regarding sales, marketing and distribution. And they maybe open the possibility for Sports Group Denmark to develop own products within both brands - same as Victor Europe has done for ages.

I guess we'll have to see how that all works out in reality.

#75 s_mair, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    yenyesoh likes this.
  16. Mete Ozcorekci

Mete Ozcorekci Regular Member

Do you know that is this dragonball themed racket different paint for existing racket? If yes, which racket will it be? Thanks!

17. Thebestbees

Thebestbees Regular Member

Any idea if the new auraspeed 70k ( black/red ) comes in 3U & 4U? Or is it just 3U?

18. Budi

Budi Regular Member

i can only imagine it will have 7 variant/different spec & when you get all 7 together & then call its name "Shenron", a mystical powerfull Dragon would appear & offer you 1 wish to ask.
    If you happen own it & like it, dont buy the other as you will lose all 7 after you have your wish:D.
    Or if you happen to get all 7 & looking for this 1 wish... Please dont & never ask for undies:p

LenaicM likes this.
  19. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

Has there been some good comparisons of the Victor Thruster F and the Victor Thruster F C?

I realize the TTY version is just a repaint job.

20. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Just curious is the Auraspeed CY a racket unique on it's own or it's just different paint job which is based on a different Victor racket? I understand this racket is limited.

I managed to demo the 3UG5 version and it felt quite good.