HSBC BWF WORLD TOUR FINALS 2019 | 11-15 December (Group Stage-Final)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Dec 9, 2019.

1. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

Yeah happened last year as well, don’t like it tbh but they’re the hosts so can’t really say much

2. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Another straight game loss for CL against Ginting.. Hmmm

3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Wow yay Ginting. Didn't expect it to be this quick. Be consistent all the way.

4. azerez

azerez Regular Member

ginting on top form

5. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

Wow lol Chen Long didn’t even bother attacking, not sure what his game plan was

6. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Surprising most straight set matches for showpiece event. I went to sleep only woke up after G2 interval Ginting match lol.

7. mart333

mart333 Regular Member

If ginting can maintain his performance and be error free.. Should be a good match tomorrow with momota..

8. mohans

mohans Regular Member

ASG’s speed clearly unsettles CL. It becomes much more difficult for CL if ASG plays an uncharacteristic error free game like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

azerez and SpursIndonesia like this.
  9. ong huigen

ong huigen Regular Member

To be honest. I think this xd was set up. If zsw /hyq played against wyl/hdp, I am pretty sure that there will only 1 finalist.

The idea that Yuta has to play zsw twice is pretty stupid actually. And I know very likely he will lose this. But I am pretty sure Yuta would probably beat the thai pair.

Of course playing zsw in the final is another matter.

10. wade

wade Regular Member

At least CL doing better than in group stage

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Well when Ginting having like almost a free rest yesterday, and winning straights the fire is lit. He was winning rubber matches here and all in HK.

SpursIndonesia likes this.
  12. ong huigen

ong huigen Regular Member

Well. If it's not for the stupid bwf system, he would not even play zheng in the first place.

I would think he needed to beat faizal convincingly to maintain his winning form.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Set up, by who? And how? Tell that to BWF. Talk is cheap, and here it costs you nothing, so you can blurt anything you like irresponsibly.

Don't draw me into a meaningless debate with you. I'm done.

LenaicM likes this.
  14. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

I don’t agree. If ZSW/HYQ wanted to be 2nd in the group, why risk it by losing their very first match? They were very nearly eliminated yesterday lol. If I wanted to deliberately lose I would do that on the very last match, not the first..

Anyway, I think the CHN team under the current head coaches play a lot fairer than the one under Li YongBo. From what I’ve seen there have been good competitive matches between CHN players over the past few years. I don’t fault you for having that impression from the Li YongBo era, but objectively I don’t see that happening with the CHN team anymore

wade likes this.
  15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

is SYQ playing MalaysiaMasters?

16. SpursIndonesia

SpursIndonesia Regular Member

ASG lobs and pushes were deep and accurate tonight, and this 30 yrs old CL is not a spring chicken anymore. i actually wonder more on why CL wasn't particulary patient during the rallies in this game, a bit uncharacteristic of him.

wjsutanto likes this.
  17. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah Its not because of the draw. In any way. 1 CHN XD will be in the Final and win the title. Its just the level of competition.

Look at WS, NO & AY could have square off at least 1 will be in Final. They got separated and both loss in SF.

18. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

With SYQ having career threatening injury, CHN have to rely on CL for 2-3 more years i feel. The way CL is treated, he should have walked out from National team after the Olympic to say ' Hey, what have you got left?'

19. Gacon1234star

Gacon1234star Regular Member

At least this time the organizers has a better schedule than China Open when one of the finalist (of course from China) has 8 more hours to rest than their opponent

SpursIndonesia likes this.
  20. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Only because this is a niche sport that is totally dependent on tournament organizers. Of course the BWF shouldn't allow this. Never heard of anything like that in any other sports. It also happened at the BAC this year, where I think it is even more inappropriate.
    Just imagine something like a European Championship game between France and England in Paris with the stadium announcer cheering for the home team. It's absurd.
    I don't think it has a big effect (or any at all), but it is still intolerable in terms of the spirit of sport in general.

@Gacon1234star
    The problem here is the format. Having an early and a late session seven hours apart simply shouldn't be allowed. China 1000 is not the only tournament using it, All England as well, for example. IIrc, ZSW/HYQ were at a massive disadvantage there versus Watahiga this year and while China benefitted from the system at this years Sudirman Cup, they were on the receiving end of it the previous SC in Australia against Korea.
    The organizers being Chinese is not the problem. The BWF needs to prioritize the athletes ability to engage in fair competition over the viewing conveniences of local audiences (nobody needs to hang out 12 hours at a badminton venue to feel they got their money's worth), especially at their biggest tournaments.

#580 Cunning Linguist, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019