Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Have you counted in that RF measurments were on the heavier AX99 (earlier batch) and you maybe had played the changed version(later, more userfriendly batch)? So you look for a racket to smash out of position which deliver a 70-85% of Power on a stick smash? Why smashing when out of position? Fast shot, can come fast back.

2. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

Im pretty sure the one that i get is the old heavier one,the weight is real, it is noticeable when i dry swing it compared to other racket, even with DZS the weight is just way different
    It is play style tho, i tend to play a bit more on the attacking side and one of my habbit is doing some slice - half smashes When you are on the back court,usually the opponent move you side to side so you cant have a full swing powerful smash isnt it?
    Perhaps i should change the words?
    Out of position to Not so comfortable position to smash :D

3. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

Ok..out of position and smash does not go together!! When ur out of position u cant smash. But what u can practice is a whip smash!! This smash does require a strong wrist, but again this can be executed only when the shuttle is behind u slightly.. the player gets the choice of smash either to whip it or quickly go behind and give a smash. I believe ur present mizuno is a decent racket for whip smash ( I use JPC CX and I use whip smash when opponents are out of position to get that point). If u don’t have proper technique and decent wrist then u definitely needed a light racket otherwise u will injure ur wrist. Check the racket spec for Aeronaut series and find a racket less than 85 grams if ur keen in Li-Ning or try lining turbocharging series with racket less than 87 grams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. stratocaster

stratocaster New Member

Thanks for the reply ucantseeme! Based on this, I'm leaning more towards the N7II/TC70 :D
    Is there a huge difference in power between the N9II/TC75 and the N7II/TC70, or is the slight head-heaviness of the N9II/TC75 negligible?

5. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    @s_mair might be a better source for a clear statement. I demoed the N9II just a few years back, while I play the N7II since years and adjust to it. He owns/owned both. I'm somebody who use placement and control over raw power and play only MD/XD. So my choice of a stiffer shaft with less head weight for better flat game may be different than your requirements.

6. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

I play with both N9ii and N7ii and alternate all the time depending on string condition, opposition or simply my mood. I have been sooo close to buying an Arc11 too but can't see much reason to when I have these rackets already. It seems to be a bit of both with no single feature that it excels at but does it all very well.

N9ii has more power when you can use it. N7ii has a faster and more responsive action but does not really lack all power. Essentially the rackets are similar but tailored to their own purposes. The differences are not extremes but the rackets are not so similar that it doesn't matter which you choose. They have their own pros but are such great examples of their individual types of racket that it is hard to find better alternatives.

The N7ii is an all-round speed racket and the n9ii is the more powerful brother. Like how JS10 and JS12, or 88s and 88d are often paired for forecourt and rear court biased players. I would recommend owning both ;) better to have a problem deciding which to use than wondering if you made the right choice :)

Saru, Swat, stratocaster and 2 others like this.
  7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Very good comparison, there’s nothing to add.

ucantseeme likes this.
  8. stratocaster

stratocaster New Member

I wish I could afford such an expensive problem, but my current situation only allows for one racquet :D
    On a serious note, thank you so much for the insight. I was also considering the ARC11 but its issues with sinking grommets was a big turn-off, but I think I'm set on the N7II as it sounds perfect for my playing style.

ucantseeme likes this.
  9. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

Hello, I am not very familiar with li ning rackets. Does anyone know whether li ning have any racket with compact head (and ultra slim shaft)? I couldnt find any racket that says compact head. I m big fan of compact head, so if li ning got any racket like this, I want to give it a try. Li nings 2019 catalog is pretty decent, but lacking some information imo.

Thanks

10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Nope, no compact heads from Li-Ning at this point.

11. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    The xtra-stiff compact head fans won't find anything at Li-Ning, but does they need it? IMO no! The number of people who can wield a xtra stiff compact on daily base are very very small. I'm pretty satisfied that I switched to Li-Ning and discovered that a more forgiving racket is much more enjoyable. Especially under trouble flicking it anywhere is an amazing feel.

Okaharu likes this.
  12. Swat

Swat Regular Member

N7ii users, who has tried the 3U auraspeed 90s? Any similarities/diffrences?

13. ice man

ice man Regular Member

To me N7ii is closer to 90K! 90S is head lighter and a little more flexible

ucantseeme likes this.
  14. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Thanks ice man! 90S is more flexible than N7ii, or do you mean more flexible than 90K?

15. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I would say: N7ii > 90K > 90s stiffness wise

head weight: 90K > N7ii > 90S

Father Parrot and ucantseeme like this.
  16. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Great, this makes me more interested in 90K...

17. Daffy 9

Daffy 9 New Member

I was using the n99 for a long time, but it was dicontinued after the new rackets came out... I tried the turbocharging 75c, but I am finding it to be too heavy. Does anyone knows which of the new rackets feels more like a n99?

Thank You

18. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    It isn't discontinued... They renamed it to the Aeronaut 8000. If anything LN has a problem with discontinuing models.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Johnth likes this.
  19. vincedba

vincedba Regular Member

dba
    Anyone has tried Tectonic 7D?

20. Daffy 9

Daffy 9 New Member

Thank you!