Good shoes for bad knees

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by badminewb, Feb 14, 2020.

1. badminewb

badminewb New Member

Hi,

I'm looking for Yonex shoes that have good support for my ankles and good shock absorption for my knees. I've come to choose between these two.

Yonex Comfort-Z
    Yonex Power Cushion 65 Z2

Seems like comfort z is marketing the shock absorption more and Power Cushion for all around. Does the 65z2 have good shock absorption too?

2. seanc6441

seanc6441 Regular Member

There's also comfort z2 now. Might interest you.

3. badminewb

badminewb New Member

too many shoes to choose from!!!!! but thank you. i will look into those as well.

4. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

Same here but I got myself torn between victor p9210 and A960. Currently using yonex power cushion 55, I twisted my ankle 2 times in quick succession so I want to try the support series of victor which has better stability on ankles

But I can guarantee that while playing yonex shb55 I never had a knee pain whatsoever. After I remove the shoe and climb a stair I feel knee is stressed. Well I am 39 years old so might it!!!

65z2 has power cushion + so it will be even more comfortable but not adequate for ankle support as victor support series is my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

The Yonex comfort-Z (1 or 2) series are supposed to be the most comfortable pair of the Yonex shoes collection. You could go for this model if comfort is your priority.

I have a65 since 9 months and they do provide good shock absorption capabilities but I can't compare with the Comfort series as I never owned any.

6. seanc6441

seanc6441 Regular Member

Did you purchase a pair yet? If not I have a pair of Comfort Z2 in my hands I got today if you want any opinions on them.

7. Briyanihayakawa

Briyanihayakawa Regular Member

I had a knee operation last year from a non-badminton related accident. Have been wearing Asics Court control FF when I started playing again this year. I would say it's cushioning is good. No issues to my knee and ankle. I saw the ASICS Blast FF, if you want a maximum cushioning and stability shoe, I think that might be shoes look the part for that.