What training tools do you use?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by precrime3, Feb 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. visor

visor Regular Member

For older folks like me and Cheung, there's the massage gun that's really helpful for faster muscle recovery. It's used by many pro tennis players. This pic is one of them, but one can get less expensive ones on Amazon.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

2. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Badminton players still use it nowadays. I often see it on Instagram's athletes posts.

Cheung likes this.
  3. ralphz

ralphz Regular Member

There's a video on youtube titled "380LBS STRONGMAN DOES BACKFLIP", where the world's strongest man of 2017 Eddie Hall, shows how he uses a manual portable car wash machine thing for massages.. at 5min 30sec in. Eddie Hall's attire is a woman's gymnastics outfit of some sort so i've blacked it out. And I don't know why they can't use it on themselves rather than each other particularly if just demonstrating it.. He is serious re the car wash thing though..

[​IMG]

Also, Firas Zahabi(guy on youtube that runs an MMA gym and gives lots of coaching tips to people and analysis of MMA fights), he advertises the Tim Tam, and is fairly ethical so I think he believes in it too. Similar concept.

That video mentions some advantages of a massage gun. Firas says he's given them to Olympians.

There are cheap massage guns on amazon, as visor mentioned.

#23 ralphz, Feb 16, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    Cheung likes this.
  4. ralphz

ralphz Regular Member

you say for older folks

They are not exactly older folks.

You made a great post re massage guns, and cheap ones on amazon.. though I differ with you on the 'older folks' part.

And probably most people using them are athletes that aren't old.

Firas explains that it's helpful for quickening muscle recovery time between one workout and another.

So for example Firas Zahabi gets guys to try them in his MMA gym. And he has also used them on Olympic level athletes. It's good to look at other sports when it comes to fitness, 'cos other sports are way ahead of badminton people when it comes to fitness and strength and muscles.

#24 ralphz, Feb 16, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  5. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    Interesting - will have to look into them. They are up there with a Halo Sport 2 in the category of not essential but nice to have. Looking for the best bang for buck training tools at the moment so my next purchases will likely be a balance board and training racket.

LenaicM likes this.
  6. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    Birthday is coming up and with birthdays come money. I could probably get a massage gun, or the halo sport 2's, or like black knight shadow trainers... like I've got some spending $.

THere are no coaches within 200 miles of me so coaching isn't possible - what's the next best option? Do I buy something to help with my recovery or training?

I play mostly doubles but I like the black knight shadow trainer cause I can work on singles footwork by myself... hmmm.

Anyone use the blazepods? They've been mentioned before but wonder how realistic they are considering you have to touch the ground for most of the shots.

7. Mason

Mason Regular Member

how about online coaching? Badminton insight offers it for 54 dollars USD

8. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    When me and my partner compete at our next tournament and get footage, I'll make sure to take this up!