Yonex Astrox 100ZZ

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Junye, Dec 18, 2019.

1. superdan12

superdan12 Regular Member

Don't get your hopes up. We're a couple events removed from the biggest tournament in badminton, this is technically one of the worst times to release a flagship racket for the market since players don't really want to change it up just before Olympics. They probably had to pay a boatload of money to whichever star was willing to change it, which happens to be axelsen. Momota is top favorite and can't even get a proper warm up tour before Olympics. It's a question whether he can even regain good form before then, let alone adjusting to a completely different racket before Olympics.

Quentin11 likes this.
  2. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

AE hall is slow. Shuttles aren't going as fast as they do in some other halls. + what @esppy said.

Also how is it an important factor for you if KM use it or not?

Saru and Sumanth99 like this.
  3. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

You should already know why it is important for me if he uses it or not lol. I would be interested in the racket even if it is not 100% my taste.

I have also replied to what esppy said. You should read it perhaps. It is a general impression and not absolute.

I do take note of your comment about shuttles are slow in this hall. This is indeed a good and constructive comment.

As and when I watch more matches in this hall I will get more feedback. Any kind of information can be used. It also depends how you use it.

Thank you

4. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

I have read it but I still didn't get how would you even aquire the information the racket seems to be less powerful after watching 1 match on tv in what is considered a slow hall on the Tour.

As for the racket, I wouldn't rely on buying it even if KM eventually uses it. First it could be a paint job and second and more importantly KM level is nothing to be compared with ours. A stiff racket with a smaller head is not going to benefit everyone's game.

Father Parrot and Sumanth99 like this.
  5. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

I think I did mention that more matches need to be watched or not? I don't know maybe you could tell if you read it.

I emulate Momota and buy Momota's equipments even if it means I cannot play to the best of my own ability in doing so.

That said, I still did not buy the Astrox 99 after going through the process you are criticising now. I instead bought a second Astrox 88D.

6. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

You seem to be a tad agressive in your answers if not condescending.

"I don't know may be you could tell if you read it".

Again I read it but you said you will get more feedback when you watch more matches in this hall. I could use the same condescending tone than you and tell you I already explained the hall is slow... you would know if you read my posts. That is during the whole tournament so even if you do watch more matches in this hall, I'm not sure any feedback from watching the whole All England tournament on TV will demonstrate that racket A or B is more powerful than C or D.

Very serious question though, what do you gain in emulating KM's equipment if it doesn't benefit your game or help you play to your best abilities?

Saru and Father Parrot like this.
  7. superdan12

Well in an alternate universe where Kento didn't get hurt, I have no doubt Yonex would have thrown the entire bank at Kento to switch to the 100zz, he's by far their #1 marketing hopeful, other than maybe Lin Dan and Sukamuljo. I have no doubts they'll still try to get him to play it when he comes back. You can tell the 100zz is one of those rackets that Yonex developed in the hopes of it becoming one of their "legendary" rackets in both sales and reception - think Astrox 88S, Arcsaber 11.

#387 superdan12, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  8. superdan12

9. superdan12

10. RajUS

RajUS Regular Member

From today's match VA vs Shi Yu Qi it looks 100 ZZ is for sure good for defense, drive and counter shots .. It looked Ok for attack , I thought Aerobite Boost/BG80 Power might be the better string on 100ZZ to add some more snap/power/feeling to the smashes. Original Aerobite looks little dull on the shots.

Quentin11 likes this.
  11. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

I did say your comment about the hall being slow is constructive right? Which I am also taking that into consideration.

I could say that your tone was a bit mocking. But let's not get into that. This post is about the Astrox 100 and not me.

Satisfaction. Even if I lose a point I get satisfaction if I executed a play similar to him :):):)

I stopped playing badminton because I moved into tennis and other horse sports. But Momota made me start badminton again!!! :):):)

12. Cloud Kim

Cloud Kim Regular Member

I pre-ordered AX100ZZ from shop in Japan.
    They sent me an email saying that coronavirus hindered factory production, so my order may be delayed.

☆ 現在、新型コロナウイルスの影響により、生産工場の運営に支障をきたしており、新製品の入荷が大幅に遅延する可能性がございます。
    ご入用のところ誠に申し訳ございませんが、予めご了承いただきますようお願い申し上げます。
    商品が入荷次第、速やかに出荷手配をかけさせていただきます。
    何卒、ご理解いただきますようお願いいたします。

Quentin11 likes this.
  13. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

What do you mean?! VA just won his match against SYQ rather easily. His defense was just too good. Can't be just his skills right?! Aftet that match we can easily conclude that Yonex > Li-Ning for sure.

Also 100ZZ will help anyone improve their defense, drives but will considerably weaken the power of their attack. Be warned. It's a racket that will mainly work for defensive players. I'll pass as I'm already too good defensively and I need a powerful racket. I'll go for the ZFII, my technical abilities call for it.

:eek::rolleyes:o_O:p sorry... not funny I know but really couldn't resist after reading all those comments claiming how the racket perform or what string sound dull or should be on the racket of VA simply after watching live matches from their couch...

esppy likes this.
  14. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Not mocking you at all, I understand very well as I also try to replicate his abilities on court but I use a more flexible racket for that as my level is too low to replicate what he does with a very stiff racket and a small head or I would end up short or framing the shuttle more often that not.

Take late backcourt forehand clears for example or backhand clears. I just can't do those with a ZF2 or a DZS. But with a more forgiving racket, adapted to my level of play, well I can do better. Same for the tension why would I use 14kgs if I can't play with it. I also want to imitate my favourite players on court but if I try to imitate something it's their game, not their equipment.

Note how I said "I try". Doesn't mean I can :)

esppy likes this.
  15. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

This is not mocking? Anyway the discussion ends here.

16. RajUS

RajUS Regular Member

which shop is this ? can you share the weblink

17. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Sarcasm and not intended to you only. Besides can we seriously stop saying that this racket is good and bad at this or that based on a TV match... who will seriously believe that?

18. LiteBulb

LiteBulb Regular Member

Maybe its the towel grip!

skhai91 and Ouchie like this.
  19. Budi

Budi Regular Member

i can answer this... LOVE is blind. You will never know what one can/willing to do for what they love.
    For example, i had a friend that love.... No its not badminton:p. He love Gunpla. He had alot of Gunpla collection in his room & even going to Japan looking for missing collection set that he dont have. For me who dont understand Gunpla its ridicilous to spend those money on it that is not cheap for sure & not to mention the cost for going to Japan. But well he still going & really really happy when coming back with his missing Gunpla. So cant blame him for being stuborn as its makes him happy in a way we cant understand.

Life is complicated:D
    Hahahahahaha

Okaharu and LenaicM like this.
  20. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

Well at least some of us still try to remind our beginner/intermediate friends to not buy everything blindly just because they see pros using it
    But some still insist to buy it and follow their steps, i mean everyone is different, so its their own choice, if they want it after being reminded than so be it, no need to push your ideal to other beginner/intermediate, and some might get some psychological boost by using their idols equipment tho :D

LenaicM likes this.