Mizuno Badminton 2017

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by pizzaboi, Jan 14, 2016.

1. surge

surge Regular Member

After reading reviews.. I thought jpx Ltd would do fine n got 2 of it straight. If you had read my previous post I sold both cos they feel so different! Same racket.
    I also have arc11 and play along w the 2 jpxs when I had them. Arc11 is more stable, hits harder and feels more solid. The jpx feel empty in a swing. It's like weightless esp for 1 of the them. The other was better. When smashing, jpx shots just Don seem to go down. U can say its my technique or lack of it. But same me w arc11 can hit harder and steeper each time I change between the rackets. Many occasions I hit with he jpx and started looking at it as if something is wrong cos shot landed way off where I intended it to be. So I sold cos I don have confidence in them plus the racket inconsistencies. I got a old n90ii after selling them and **** consistencies were so much better. I see myself as an average player. And honestly, the jpx felt just like those brand less black rackets I got from taobao. Playable. But nothing special except they look great

2. Smash the net

Smash the net Regular Member

I'm thinking of trying mizuno strings, anyone have any recommendations?

3. Tuan Pham

Tuan Pham New Member

Hi there,
    I'm using Z-fore 2 and also Astrox 100 ZZ recently. I have ever not used Mizuno SpeedFlex 7.1 before but now I'm considering to have it. So do you think that I can control it well? thx!

4. surge

surge Regular Member

You have the zf2.. And the astrox ZZ.. Why want a mizuno 7.1? Balance 290 is even. Your 2 rackets 3u or 4u?
    What's the problem you have w ZZ? Or zf2?
    Stiffness? Wt? Or just want a new racket

5. bremen

bremen New Member

badminton player
    Hello to all mizuno fans. Im currently broke my bs12. Needing similar or better weapon, and want to give it a try for Mizuno brand. Any one kind enough to recommend me a Mizuno racket?

6. yan2xp

yan2xp New Member

Mizuno JPX Limited Edition, similar in many ways but slightly more powerful.

Sent from my CPH1613 using Tapatalk

7. razorei

razorei Regular Member

student
    really JPX LTD similar to BS12?

It's stiffer, more head heavy, head shape is less aero and definitely not as user friendly

Duc Tai Duong likes this.
  8. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

JPX LTD is over hyped here.
    Mizuno rackets specs do shift, and so are other brands.
    That's why I never buy rackets online.

As to the performance you mentioned, I agree with you.
    However, I think the performance matches the price.
    After all, the power / repulsion / speed are good-to-excellent.
    The shaft is not stiff enough, so that control suffers.

If you want perfect racket, you should go for Fortius series.
    And the spec also shifts, don't buy online.
    Olympic editions are too light to be considered.
    If you happen to meet a Fortius 10Q of 87~88 swing-weight, buy it.
    That's the real performance of Mizuno racket.

-Silver- likes this.
  9. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Top end Fortius 10 series are really good performer. I owned an Fortius 10P, dry weight is exactly 83g not so sure about the swing weight though. With string and grip, is about 87g.

10. surge

surge Regular Member

Top end rackets are so expensive these days. Lining used to be the oddball w the most expensive rackets.. Now all brands have rackets in the that price range..the top end rackets.
    I have been playing with cheap usd 50to60 rackets for awhile as we all know rackets makes no difference unless the skill/techniques are there in the 1st place. But after trying some top notch rackets like yonex ax88, lining n90ii n aeronaut.. It is surely more fun playing with a good racket
    Was looking at mizuno cos the shop where I stirng my rackets carries alot of mizuno stuff... But now playing w n90ii lining. Foun them used at good price. Oldies but goodies

11. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Yes, I agree on the pricing of the new high end racket these days is getting more and more ridiculous. It is even more expensive than yonex in the past ($240 to $260 for top end model like armortec700).

I did used lower and mid end racket when i just started out the badminton. Initially I can't find any difference among the tiers and only know the lighter the racket the better (since i'm a beginner back then). As I improved and progress, I realized that most top end model have more "lively" feel when compared to lower and mid tier model. To me, lower to mid tier model have ok feel but some are feeling "numb" to me.

For now, I'm looking at different various brand top model and hopefully have a chance to try them out as sometimes top end models from not popular brand is as good as the branded one such as yonex, victor or Li Ning. Currently Mizuno and Redson peak my interest, but mizuno is getting more and more expensive these days.

12. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

Apparently in my country (Indonesia) Yonex top end model is usually cheaper than the other 3, only by a very small margin tho :D
    I wouldnt consider mizuno that much anymore i think unless it gets a decent review as Mizuno price at my country start to rise and the performance was kinda average for its price currently

13. surge

surge Regular Member

Lining list price is high.. But most shop can give a good discount. N become on par with yonex or Victor.. Mizuno is like just ex... And very very little discount.. Esp those used endorsed by Pro players. Crazily expensive.

14. Budi

Budi Regular Member

old series Lining get some good deal here. Most likely they try to get rid of the old model even tho the new model is actually the same like N9ii & TC75.

15. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

The material of new Lining models are better now.
    Aeroanaut 9000 Series & TC 7 Series have shafts much better than old series.

16. surge

surge Regular Member

I don't mind n9ii than tc75 if price difference is 30% or more
    My skill level won't need the extra better shaft I guess. I use the 9000c and n90ii. Though I think 9000c packs same power but faster defence and drives, I am still happy with n90ii.

17. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Does anyone know that which year did the first Mizuno racket make and release ?

18. ThrusterZ

ThrusterZ New Member

Hi all, im selling my fortius tour 3ug5, if anyone interest kindly msg me.
    Only accept COD

Attached Files:

19. Neeraj Mohandas

Neeraj Mohandas New Member

Dude, I would recommend to go for Gosen Gravitas 7.0 SR. Except for the extra compact sized frame, IMO, it would surpass a JPX in performance.

20. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Seems like MZ hype going around Fortius due the duo Daddy & they showing beautifull performance.
    2nd hype going around the JPX series.
    What about other series, seems like dead seried & no one talk about it. Namely Altius, XYST, Prototype, Technix.