Your best recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by eric213, Jun 25, 2020.

1. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

Hi there, a bit of my background on my play. I'm a mid-front court player, drives, blocks, taps and nets. Since my smash isn't that powerful, I focus more on placing but I'll still give it my all when I'm given a good spot for a smash. I don't really lift shuttles much unless when necessary.

I've trained vigorously with a coach for 2 years straight but I've stop for almost a year due to injuries, and now trying for a comeback. I think I would consider myself an intermediate player?

My current racket is a brave sword 12. And as you all know, it's really hard to get this racket already, I would like to be recommended by you guys (and girls) for maybe something similar to this racket or to my play style.

Tldr; intermediate mid-front court player. Current racket, brave sword 12. What would you recommend with this racket or this play style?

2. random123xxxx

random123xxxx Regular Member

astrox 88s / astrox 77

Sent from my CPH1877 using Tapatalk

eric213 likes this.
  3. Joran

Joran Regular Member

Maybe jetspeed S10, but thats already a little older too.
    U should look into the Auraspeed series of victor, maybe the 90s or 98k. Really good for front court play.

eric213 likes this.
  4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

NF700 also good for mid to front court. NF800 is abit stiffer & available in 3U if im correct which might also be good to.

5. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Is there something you feel the bs12 is lacking or is it just the lack of availability that makes you want to try other rackets?

Do you prefer some flex in the racket or are you ok with stiffer frames?

speCulatius likes this.
  6. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Why a new racket? Isn't it more important to find back into shape after an injury and rest? BS12 is a great racket in the front and midcourt. Get a restring after the 1 year rest and a new grip and you are ready to go. Anything else is not necessary. Depending which injury I suggest a pair of decent shoes instead of a new racket when you want to spend some money.

speCulatius, eric213, swsh and 2 others like this.
  7. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

I researched and the NF700 only comes in 4U and thought I'll suffer if I'm thrown to the back lol. Is that the only difference between NF700 and NF800?

8. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

I'm actually quite fine with bs12. It's the lack of availability that makes me want to have another racket. It could be for just in case the strings from bs12, wouldn't want it to feel a tad heavier/lighter when it's final game of 20-20 then *string breaks

*edit; If it's to choose, I could probably go for a bit stiffer

9. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

Oh, I've been doing rehab, strength and conditioning when I was injured too. Reason for a new racket was to get a backup, just in case string breaks during a tournament (after the pandemic, that is). At least to have a similarity specs then to have a totally different ones. Grips from shoes are still fine too.

10. Budi

Budi Regular Member

never try NF800, its just spec data & few others comment about it.
    & yes for NF700, its not quite satisfying on back court but on mid to front, its good.

eric213 likes this.
  11. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

I've been doing rehab, strength and conditioning when I was injured too. Reason for a new racket was to get a backup, just in case strings break when in a tournament. At least I'll have a similarity to go to. Grips from shoes are still fine too for now.

12. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

NF800 is similar to bs12 according to specs and comments? I'll try give it a dry swing when I see one

13. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

What's it feel like astrox88s? Does it have a similar feel with arcsaber 11?

14. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

Can't seemed to find 90s but found 98k instead. Any reviews you can link me to?

15. intrepid

intrepid Regular Member

Hi Eric, I got 90S and 98K in addition to my BS12 (when one of them broke), and I am very happy with both of them.

* 90S might be the perfect BS12 replacement but I was only able to get it in 4U so that it is super fast but lacks a bit of power from the back.
    * 98K is my latest addition, and due to Corona and shoulder problems I could not play a serious match with it yet. But it feels good when I pick it up for leisure, and the balance is so similar that I don't give much thought whether I am holding 98K or BS12. I think there are more opinions in this thread: https://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/index.php?threads/victor-auraspeed-90k-98k.184872/

16. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

Hi intrepid. Sounds like both the 90s and 98K are very similar to the bs12. Thread there looks good too. Thank you! Is your 98k in 3U or 4U?

17. random123xxxx

random123xxxx Regular Member

the one I'm using is 4u. it is really light, very easy to wield, I can play for 4 hours straight with it. it is very fast when you swing it through the air, and there's a little weight at the head so you can feel where your shots are going when you hit a shot. there's this solid feeling which typical yonex rackets have(I swear when you get used to it you'll find other rackets brand unsatisfying to play with), and it's very comfortable. shots are really fast, not powerful I would say(there's a difference between fast and powerful), so this racket is ideal for both front court and mid court. as for backcourt, I wouldn't say it's powerful, but fast, essential for fast doubles exchanges. it is rated as stiff, but I wouldn't say it very stiff. this is just my opinion:)

Sent from my CPH1877 using Tapatalk

18. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

It does sounds quick but do you think a 3U would be beneficial to you? I have to agree with you 100%! Ever since I started using the arcsaber 11, there's no other racket I've used have that solid feeling and to add that on, my brother felt that too with the duora z strike.

19. Karry Lee

Karry Lee Regular Member

I think so.. but there's gonna be a tradeoff.. heavy rackets are slower, so the 3u may be more powerful, but it's gonna be slower.. I feel that it's not much of a deal cos you can always train your arm strength to get use to it so that you can max out it's power:) I myself am still looking for a 3u cos it's rare and I found the 4u too light for all round doubles

eric213 likes this.
  20. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    If you are serious playing there are no options than getting 1-2 additional BS12 or sell yours and buy 2-3 same other rackets. Depending at which score and state of a tournament match your string snaps, you won't risk some points due adjustment. Let's imagine string snaps in a tough match in 3rd set of 18 all I wouldn't risk to adjust to a different racket. Normally you will tend to like one racket over the other one in your bag, are more used to the other one which will always lead to the scenario that you need to play with the unloved one when a string snaps and this can happen at any time.

I didn't mean the grip. I mean the cushion and support. If you had an issue with knee, angle or anything else of your legs and use not proper badminton shoes or worn out ones this is a topic to look at.

speCulatius likes this.