Looking for new shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by ucantseeme, Oct 20, 2018.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I very very rarely do. Like once a year, maybe :D but I definitely noticed the shoe is doing better on softer floors.
    I have a 47 in these (US 12,5/300mm). The mm size is accurate and mostly consistent with other brands (I need 295 in most Yonex and needed 300 in Victor last I checked), going by EU size you'd need probably 1-2 sizes bigger.

#21 j4ckie, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  2. VeritasC&E

VeritasC&E Regular Member

ucantseeme: If you find yourself in need or shoes again I second the recommendation for 03Z. I have huge feet and bought these shoes last summer: They are absolutely fantastic. So much so that I bought a second pair of them just to be sure I'd have a replacement when needed. Great ankle support. Great around the court. Comming from shoes around 85€/ Pair I didn't expect much difference for an additional 20€ but it was really worth the tiny stretch.

3. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    If you're still looking, the 03Z are a similar width to my Comfort Z Wide.

4. steee

steee New Member

Student
    i received a pair of 03Z today and they felt really tight. Couldn't wiggle my toes! I have been using the 65XW Wide which feel like a much better fit. Are you buying the same size or going bigger?

5. VeritasC&E

VeritasC&E Regular Member

Same size (I think it's the biggest size Yonex sells). I don't have any problem wiggling my toes (to the extent I think they are supposed to in court shoes).

6. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Same size. I even use my custom orthotics in both shoes.

7. steee

steee New Member

Student
    I heard they were snug but I had them on for about 5-10 minutes and my feet started to feel funny, hopefuly the victors i've ordered will fit better. such a pain for me to get shoes :*(

8. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Ouch, I think you'll struggle to find badminton shoes that wide.

My orthotics were moulded to Yonex Comfort Tours (4E). I then changed to using Comfort Z (4E) and 03Z (3E, but they still fit fine) as my CFTs were dying.My orthotics fit all 3 models of shoe perfectly.

VeritasC&E likes this.
  9. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Hi
    hi mate, can share experience on the A960? Are they smaller than usual victor shoes? Thanks

10. wjsutanto

wjsutanto Regular Member

Professional Employee
    Hello mate, I own A960 and based on my personal experience it feels smaller than other Victor Shoes by a half size. As example, I also own Victor P8510. Both shoes are 44 in size, but A960 feels a tad shorter by a half size on the thumb area. Because of this, I wear thinner socks whenever I wear A960. For your reference, P8510 happened to be wide type shoe, A960 is a standard type. Perhaps the small size feel is caused by this difference in size. Just sharing my personal experience, I hope it can help.

11. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Hi friend, yes very very useful. Thank you very much. Previously I have P8510 too and now SH-A620 and SH-P9200. Even 9200 I find it is little bit small compare to previous model.. was in love with the A960 fire edition haha.. thanks again

12. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    I experienced the A960 to be a little bit smaller than the other Victor shoes, but my regular size still fitted me though.

13. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Ok
    ok mate thanks a lot

14. Basquests

Basquests Regular Member

I currently have 2 pairs of a920's [One pair [a920 ace] went through a year of badminton and is still going strong, but I have repurposed it for table tennis exclusively now, as I feel it is better for table tennis than my top of the line TT shoes!]

The other a920 is used for badminton exclusively.

Obviously, one or both pairs will eventually break, even though table tennis is less hard on the shoe in terms of lunging etc, and badminton shoes are tough.

My question is, I think these shoes are fantastic. How do they match up vs the a960's? Or should i go a922, or go yonex? I live in NZ, the cost price of a922 / a960 / the most expensive yonex [i.e. power infinity] are roughly all the same as the victors need to be shipped further / not purchasable locally.

15. Briyanihayakawa

Briyanihayakawa Regular Member

Would highly recommend the ASICS Court Control FF. One of the lightest and comfortable pair of badminton shoes I have ever worn.

16. Croavistar

Croavistar Regular Member

Saw this recently. Looks interesting.
    upload_2020-8-12_21-32-43.png

17. wjsutanto

wjsutanto Regular Member

Professional Employee
    I think all of them are equally good shoes in their own rights. It all depends on your needs and preference really. Example: you need more lightness or support for your feet.

18. Basquests

Basquests Regular Member

Honestly, i just found a good deal for 65Z2, so I'll probably go with that.

I can never have too many badminton shoes, as I prefer using badminton shoes for Table tennis.

So I have 1 pair set aside for TT, 1 for badminton, and then need 1 [or more] spare for when one breaks. The good thing is, since Badminton shoes are tough they'll probably last a long time for TT, and I feel their performance is on par or better depending on the court.

The a920's are simply better for me than top of the line mizuno TT shoes, as I feel they do well no matter how bad or dusty the courts are.

My point is that even if I buy a shoe and it's not ideal, there's a good chance it'll suit my TT or my badminton, as long as it is of high quality i.e. Less support than ideal for badminton, is probably still good enough for TT.

19. Swaraj Lakshman

Swaraj Lakshman Regular Member

65z2 is an excellent choice. You would surely love it.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Basquests and wjsutanto like this.
  20. Vishal Vaibav

Vishal Vaibav New Member

My opinion is u shud go for the Eclipsion Z or Eclipsion Z Wide as they have the best stability and fit in all of Yonex shoes. If u dont like the Eclipsion Z, maybe u shud go for the SHB 88 dial or Eclipsion X as they are both very good shoes........
    [​IMG]
    Eclipsion Z
    [​IMG]
    SHB 88 dial
    [​IMG]
    Eclipsion X