APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The nearest spec to BS12 & JS10 would be the Virtuoso Pro or Virtuoso Performance because of the sword type frame but neither have as much feel/feedback as the BS12/JS10. Those two rackets have very different stiffness to each other. Others to consider would be the Kalkul range from Adidas.

wjsutanto likes this.
  2. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

BS12 = AVP, apacs virtuoso performance. JS10 = none

wjsutanto likes this.
  3. wjsutanto

wjsutanto Regular Member

Professional Employee
    Thanks for the reply mate ;). As far as you know, is there any racket (any brand) that is similar to JS10? I really like JS10, but the price is way out of my range :(

4. wjsutanto

wjsutanto Regular Member

Professional Employee
    Yeah, i tried AVP already. It is a good racket with fast frame, but still has slightly different feel than BS12. I feel that AVP has more power, but smaller sweetspot than BS12.
    Which Adidas Kalkul would you recommend?

5. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The Kalkil A5 is the racket most similar to JS10 i have found.
    The A3 is also a great option but feels more like JS12.

wjsutanto likes this.
  6. NikBaddy

NikBaddy Regular Member

Right, So I am a beginner-intermediate player who has been playing badminton for last few months, and was looking for a budget Apacs Racket recommendation.

About my game, I only started playing few months ago , my technique isn't perfect ( but I am able to compete with played who have been playing for couple of years , maybe more maybe due to my tennis and TT background ? ) But I rely lot on placements , drops , even chop / slice sort of and try to move opponent and I am an extremely wristy player and am extremely dependent on the feel of a racket ( any similar player you can recommend to watch also btw?)

So for a player like me what would be a good racket for both singles and doubles ? I would like to have enough power in my clears too as that's what I struggle with the basic racket I am using .

Having read through the thread I was looking at AVP ofcourse , but it's slightly higher than my budget , I can increase it to afford it but because lot of times I play doubles with new partners there are bound to be clashes ..

So if I do buy AVP I am worried about it in doubles , I can ofcourse get a second cheap racket for doubles but whenever I change rackets I can't play as I am extremely dependent on touch and feel of a racket . So my question is a) How sturdy is AVP ? And b) Is there any cheap racker which has similar size , frame type , balance feel like AVP ( maybe not as good and powerful ) which I can use for doubles ( both back and front court)and not be worried about losing feel switching back to AVP in singles ?

If not, racket that seems best in my budget and I can keep buying again
    are z ziggler , vanguard 11 , stardom 202 , lethal 100/68/6 and some virtuosos 80/30/68/10 ). Would you recommend any of these rackets ?

As of now I am trying to find couple of cheap AVP s if not will just buy couple of vanguad 11 going by reviews.

Any suggestions would be helpful thanks !!

7. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Hi, first, welcome to badminton. I love the game. Recommending a racket is hard. Feel is very subjective. Avp is a great racket, but might suit someone more experienced. The shaft is on the stiffer side but not overly so. Definitely sturdy, like all apacs.

I do like the look of the budget ones you mentioned. The vanguard 11 looks nice. The flexible shaft n head heavy balance will make it easier for you to make clears n smashes. Best thing is to try it out. Can always resell if you don't like it. I would mention that the string tension is quite important to the feel of the racket.

Good luck. And of course let us know what you got and how you like the racket.

I have been trying out the cheaper range of apacs rackets at the moment. So far liking them quite a lot. Good value for money.

8. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

This might be a good post to read... but I don't think it will be better for your wallet.
    Are you saying the A5 feels stiffer than the A3?

9. missclicked

missclicked Regular Member

I suggest you to try Yonex aerobite strings or any strings which is less than 0.63mm in diameter, it would increase the 'feel' when hitting the shuttle. Some strings have dull feeling, like the Yonex BG66 Force.

My some of the Apacs rackets I had tried, (commanders, nanospeed, zigglers, Featherwieght 55) , I would recommend getting the AVP with Yonex Aerobite string coming for your TT background.. its still a good racket for both single and doubles imo.

For easier clears, I haven't found good Apacs racket but how about maybe get a Yonex zforce2 4u/3u ? effortless back to back clear for me but stamina draining for if late getting to the shuttle.. I think you should be fine since coming from a Tennis background as well.

10. NikBaddy

NikBaddy Regular Member

Thank you for the reply. AVP was the first choice , but because I play with lots of new parrners and it's slightly expcensive ( I am still studying !! ) So I was reluctant and also Vanguard 11 has really good reviews ( seems to be arcsaber 11 clone ). So those two are my frontrunner options, problem being AvP is old model and Vanguard 11 also they stopped production so I can't really try them as they are only available online. I think all things equal AvP seems perfect choice but I am getting v11 for 30$ , and AVP for 70$ is why I feel might go for v11 which would be okay price for someone who plays a bit rough with racket. Will decide in a day two though. Was just wondering if v11 is best pickup if I go for the cheaper option..

I was thinking of bg65T for more durability , but if aerobite is durable ( I would use 21-22 tension as I plYlay with plastics ) might go with that. Thanks

Also, only reason I was looking for apacs is budget restrictions so zforce isn't an option. Also, I think while my Tt/Tennis background helps a lot with hand-eye coordination , there are some negatives too like in TT I would let ball drop low to get under it and get a spin which is bad habbit in badminton, also applying loads top spin in tennis is useless in badminton and pronation feels different and all those actions are muscle memory for me so I need to correct them in badminton . What it helps with is though having hand eye coordination, reflexes and obviously habbit of continuously keeping an eye on opponents movemet and having an instinct . But yes technique needs to be fixed which I am trying .

Anyway , I am as of now between v11 and AVP now, any other racket suggestions would be welcome. I have heard lethal series is great, but then there are so many models.. I can get lethal 6 but cant find any reviews, also honor 200 for 50$.

missclicked likes this.
  11. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I think most of the budget apacs range are not much different from each other. So just get one of the newer models. I don't understand their new product placement. Within each series, the frames can be very different.

The v11 just looks like arcsaber 11, plays nothing like the original. The Honor 200 is very good. One of my favourites. Fast and powerful. Like it better than AVP.

michael5098 and knfmlee like this.
  12. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The stiffness feels similar, the A5 I had was less head heavy than the A3's and less weight overall.

13. wjsutanto

wjsutanto Regular Member

Professional Employee
    Thanks for the recommendation mate. Unfortunately, in my country Kalkul A3 and A5 is almost as expensive as JS10. But it's cool to know more about Adidas rackets.

Dave1011 likes this.
  14. NikBaddy

NikBaddy Regular Member

Weird looking around fir v11 reviews here and other places it seems to be well recommended as cheaper arc11 alternative , although it's does play slightly differently and is head heavier ?. Maybe someone can give thier views on vanguard 11 too if they have used it ?

You are right about thier product placement and lines though, it's very confusing. Also thanks for h200 suggestion , seems like honor200 is best racket in that budget and I am gonna look into it, although reviews for it look great but only few reviews I could find compared to AvP which seems to be loved by most.

Anyway, I am still between v11, AVP and h200 , gonna order tomorrow or day after , and will let you guys know. Any other opinion would be appreciated as well ,thanks !!

Tantrum likes this.
  15. BPlz

BPlz New Member

Hello y'all! My first post here since joining and it just has to be the APACS fan club :cool:. I have quite a few of their racquets but favorite and most used so far is still the Commander 10 (don't know why, just love it!).

Tantrum likes this.
  16. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I've just tried them and I like it too!

BPlz likes this.
  17. NikBaddy

NikBaddy Regular Member

Hey, not sure how to tag anyone so replying here ..

Read your honor 200 review, seems very in depth and I liked it. Only question I would like to ask is compared to AvP , since you have used both , which one has a better feel / feedback for drops / slice and which one would be easier to get distance on the clears with ? I ( ofcourse working on technique too.. ).

Thank you !!

18. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

H200 better feel for drops and slice. AVP definitely clear easily as it is head heavier

19. Faiz95

Faiz95 Regular Member

Any recommendation if I'm looking for head light racket?

20. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

What is this?....

Attached Files:

• mail.jpg
      mail.jpg
      File size:
      112.1 KB
      Views:
    Dave1011 likes this.