4u mid budget medium flex good smash for plastic shuttle

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ShinIori, Sep 4, 2020.

1. ShinIori

ShinIori Regular Member

Greetings all.
    Need something that doesn't feel heavy to use. Strung weight 85+- head heavy
    . I am 28yrs old. Playing casual but competitive to keep fit. demands - powerful Drive backhand clear drop and occasional oomph! smash from rear court. Mainly doubles with Yonex plastic shuttles.

Budget range around 60usd. Please help me choose-

Yonex Astrox39.

Apacs z fushion. Apacs blend duo 88. (Very highly rated on BRR)

Lining SS99+ black

Kawasaki honour s6.
    Kawasaki passion P5/magic.
    Kawasaki Ninja 66+ tour

Heard Kawasaki rackets , the premium for money now.

Suggest any others in mid budget segment. Hope this thread be helps others, looking for value racket with better performance.

Thanks

2. ShinIori

ShinIori Regular Member

3. Eix82

Eix82 Regular Member

Kawasaki Honor S6 is a really good racket, I really like it's repulsion and feel, but I'd consider it even or head-light, it's nowhere near headheavy (atleast my copy). I eventually added 2g of lead-tape to the top of the frame to make it head-heavy, because I wanted more weight there to help with long clears etc. That made the racket really come alive for me. So beware of the light nature of the racket (badmintonracketreview measured weight and bp are really different than my S6).
    I just got the Ninja 66+, haven't even strung it yet, so can't really comment on that. Just bending it feels like it's more flexible than S6, so I'm a bit worried about that (I was hoping they'd have approximately same midstiff feel), but I'll see it on court once it's strung.

#3 Eix82, Sep 5, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    ShinIori likes this.
  4. ShinIori

ShinIori Regular Member

Thanks for your input. Seems like ur testing kawasaki rackets ...:) /Please share with us after you have played with them. String with lining no1. Aerobite boost

5. Derpington

Derpington Regular Member

Apacs is a solid budget racket. Have the tantrum, can't really differentiate with a high end yonex or victor.

Sainttoo and ShinIori like this.
  6. ShinIori

ShinIori Regular Member

Thanks ... That's good to know

7. michael5098

michael5098 Regular Member

I can vouch for the astrox 38d, great racket for the price. Easy to generate power and has a whippy feel to it. It also doesn't have a numbing feel like high end rackets.

#7 michael5098, Sep 6, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    ShinIori likes this.
  8. ShinIori

ShinIori Regular Member

Thank you. A39 doesn't have killshot type smash.

9. rotchanasakn

rotchanasakn Regular Member

engineer
    Have you ever tried AS39? You said ,it does not have killer smash.
    ME use 2 AS88d and 1 AS39 ,all of them use bg66um at 23 lbs same stringer and grip.
    Forget the price,AS39 can smash harder than AS88D but AS88d smash more steeper angle and placement ctrl.
    So this is from my play
    smash AS39 > AS88D
    angle of smash AS88D >AS39
    drive AS88D > AS39
    defence AS88D > AS39
    clear AS39> AS88d
    net shot and drop shop depend on your skill
    Today I decide to get more AS39 for my second set of each game ( play 2 sets per 1 game).First set use AS88D,second set use AS39 because ease of use of this racket.

ShinIori and Yves-bzh-29 like this.
  10. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Actually if your base skill & strength are not quite good, going for flex racket would provide you more power for smash rather than having high end stiff racket like 88D which would makes you hit like noodle.

So with your tight budget & some racket i had taste maybe i would suggest you this one.
    Astrox Smash
    Victor TK HMR
    Lining TC008/3DC009

For note on Lining, the paint quality are quite terible. Tho it play nice but the look after short time wont be beautiful anymore.

ShinIori likes this.
  11. Yves-bzh-29

Yves-bzh-29 Regular Member

@rotchanasakn do you feel some vibrations with the AX 39 ?

12. rotchanasakn

engineer
    With same set up for all my racket,my AS39 does not have any vibration issue.I am very hate vibration racket because it make a dis comfort feel and make chance of wrist injure.For my play the downside of AS39 is drive because of it flexible shaft ( compare with AS88D ),you also can feel it when you make a small swing ( drive ,stick smash...small movent).I have used a budget racket ,VT7dg, i dislike it,very much vibration feedback for all my shot ( even net shot...).AS39 very user friendy racket,8/10 my friends like it,other complain about smash angle and smash placement.Worth to try it.

13. ShinIori

ShinIori Regular Member

Hello bro. No I haven't. Seen BRR review they said it easy to play but doesn't generate big smash. Maybe shuttle diff. They use top end Yonex feather .

14. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    Not big smash but "RESPECTABLE" smash they said.

ShinIori likes this.
  15. rotchanasakn

engineer
    I play with RSL silver in my club.IF you point is smashing! , so I will provide you with my exp.Form all rackets I have used, YONEX VOLTRIC Z FORCE 2 LCW 3UG5 is the mosh smash hardess for me.But I always lose the games when I play with older exp double players,They said "your smash is great but we play defencive for you to smash" and after a while I so tried and my smash is not as hard as begin,so I am lost.Some rackets produce placement / deep angle smash,some make super / killer smash and some built for repeat smash ,so it depend on your skills / tactics of game and whom you play against.belive me if you can find smash racket that you seek,later you will need to find racket that suit you.

ShinIori likes this.
  16. ShinIori

ShinIori Regular Member

Thanks. Great insight. Could you recommend me mid budget racket between
    Astrox39.
    Astrox6.

Apacs z fushion.

Any others? I need all around racket with effortless clears and that occasional oomph smash for ...clear back court/ kill rally.

17. rotchanasakn

engineer
    I am so sorry for late reply.from your list above I only play with astrox 39,so I can not provide the others.But if you look at BRR youtube,I think the similar specs like AS39 should be fine,but again beware of vibration issue from other rackets.But i still cheer for AS39.

ShinIori likes this.
  18. Eix82

Eix82 Regular Member

Not testing, just since I really liked the S6, I have bought 2 more since then. The King K8, that is honestly a bit too stiff for me. And the Ninja 66. I have since played with the Ninja a couple of sessions, and am not impressed with it. It's flexier than S6 and a bit dull to play with. I went back to playing with the S6. So the S6 with the added weight is still my favourite racket I have played with so far.

19. ShinIori

ShinIori Regular Member

Thanks for sharing brother.

20. ShinIori

ShinIori Regular Member

Than
    Great . Thank you. I'm going for A39 if not A6. Read a review in "badminton lounge" seems good. N

rotchanasakn likes this.