help finding a 4u, stiff, balanced racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by engrjoey, Aug 15, 2020.

1. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

Yeah I'd wager a NF700 (slightly hl), DUO10LT (even b) or AX88S (slightly hh) (or cheaper series 68S) would fit the description close enough. Depending on preferences. Do you have any chance to try some out, @engrjoey ?

badmintonpog1, kwun and Dave1011 like this.
  2. engrjoey

engrjoey New Member

thanks thyrif, the rackets you've mentioned are the ones i've shortlisted. I went with 88s, currently waiting for it to arrive

thyrif likes this.
  3. engrjoey

engrjoey New Member

although i havent actually played with those 3 rackets, i tried 'swinging' a 4u 88s after stringing one. balance felt close to my nr900 im currently using, but lighter overall. with the nf700, talking with another stringer, reckons the frame is fragile. And havent seen d10lt in the flesh

thyrif likes this.
  4. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

Sounds good, let us know what you end up liking and what you don't!

5. SolidBaniya

SolidBaniya Regular Member

Student
    88S Awesome Choice.. Only issue with YY Rackets these days is Durability... I have seen a few 88S/D and even 100zz clash and die.. against older YY Racquets and few LiNings...
    All the best Dude.. Enjoy your new baby..

6. Budi

Budi Regular Member

For some reason YY still play safe with the lowest max tension. Only for few like DG series they allow such high tension.

7. SolidBaniya

SolidBaniya Regular Member

Student
    True... DG ones feels like playing with a sledgehammer...Tried .9DG and 2DG.

ShinIori likes this.
  8. engrjoey

engrjoey New Member

[​IMG]
    racket arrived this morning. I've just strung it with zymax 66 fire power. changed the grip to karakal pu supergrip. one thing i've noticed is that it has this clicking sound when i swing it, hopefully goes away as i use it. cant wait til i play on friday!

9. engrjoey

engrjoey New Member

10. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

Can't wait to hear what you think and how well it fits your expectations. Some yonex rackets have that... light click.. for the first time. Mine went away on my DZS's

Your pictures aren't working, maybe the post is not public? Also, I'm not sure instagram allows for just the picture to be deeplinked and you need to post the whole post instead. (or you can use imgur)

11. ShinIori

ShinIori Regular Member

Hi guys ? I am torn between Astrox39 and Lining SS99+ , either them or A6.

Please recommend one for overall play but require that oomf smash/ killshot / drive from back court . Many thanks.

12. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    Didn't you make a forum about asking these recommendations? Why are you bringing it to this forum now?

13. engrjoey

engrjoey New Member

ok so after playing with the 88s for several games, here are my thoughts. This is in comparison to my nr900 3u which I've used for the past 2yrs. With the 88s 4u; needed a bit more effort on overhand clears but still easy, dropshops felt like i have more control, front court or net play is overall better/quicker, smashes i'd say equal but I've noticed I have better directional control especially on full power with the 88s. Defence is the same but if i have to move to get to the shuttle i am quicker using the 88s, due to being 4u, i guess. Flat game is where i'm getting a lot of improvement in my game using the 88s, just quicker arm movement.
    Also noticed that just by holding the nr900 and 88s their weight felt the same, but once swinging them, that's when i felt the difference.
    This will be my main racket from now on.
    The only thing i could've wished for is if the racket has a matte finish, found that they don't get scratched easily and looks cool. All of my rackets (except for the 88s) has matte finish - turbocharging 75, duora z strike, nanoray 900 ahsan edition.

thyrif, Boinkers and badmintonpog1 like this.
  14. engrjoey

engrjoey New Member

also shoutout to @kwun , seeing you've liked one of the comments in this thread, I learned stringing watching one of your videos 3 yrs ago specifically the gosen haribito around the world, including tips i've read in this site. I've now strung 50+ rackets from friends and my own. thank you for the tips!

ShinIori and kwun like this.
  15. ShinIori

ShinIori Regular Member

Sorry sir.. I was asking Abt medium flex. Then I saw review of A9. N thought why not stiff? I can learn to grow with it. and I am not that weak strength for badminton player

16. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    Ah okay. Don't want to throw off this thread with these comments so just make sure to clarify what you are talking about next time. No need to call me sir either! You can go for the Astrox 9 as the Astrox 39 is stiff also. Make sure to update the forum when you get the racket!

ShinIori likes this.
  17. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

There are lots of good contents about stringing on this forum, too!

https://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/index.php?forums/badminton-stringing-techniques-tools.118/

engrjoey likes this.
  18. ShinIori

ShinIori Regular Member

Thanks. Will do