Deciding on a new Victor racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ErikaT, Oct 17, 2020.

1. ErikaT

ErikaT Regular Member

TRADE FINANCE
    Hi all

I have been using/ trying out Yonex rackets for past few years and I am not very happy with it. The reasons are Yonex rackets are getting more expensive and so far I only find the ZF2 is a good racket for a rusty intermediate player, like me......

I have used ZF2, ZF, Zstrike, AX100ZZ, AX99, AX88s, AX77, I-force, Duora10.

As I have mentioned, I only find the ZF2 suits me best. I like the shuttle holding power ( i call it the whipping power). The ZF and AX88s only have half of the shuttle holding power compare to ZF2.

Thus, Please kindly advise which Victor racket is has the same shuttle holding power as the ZF2?

Thank you

Regards

2. boby

boby Regular Member

similar with me, already STUCK with ZF2 4U for a long time. it's a great racket but always looking others for refreshments..... :p

in my case, i use 88d 3U as the alternative. some people tell me to give it a try victor ars90k 3U.

3. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

I dont understand what do you mean by shuttle holding power, could you elaborate a bit? I have some knowledge on victor rackets. but if you want something similar to zf2, thruster BXR might be a good choice. It is pretty stiff and quite head heavy, however, it is still fast enough thanks to thin shaft and frame.

ars90k is pretty decent racket as well, but it is not that head heavy at all.

Do you think zf2 suits you bec of stiffness or headheaviness or both?

4. ErikaT

ErikaT Regular Member

TRADE FINANCE
    Hi
    I feel that the shuttle is staying on the string much longer compare to the other rackets. Some people may say it is the shuttle lag

Regards

5. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

hmm, I didnt experience something specific like that with zf2. ax99 should have some hold due to namd, but you ve tried it. So, I dont know. are you sure it is not the string but racket? :D

boby likes this.
  6. Budi

Budi Regular Member

If you can find 1st get AX99 its very head heavy tho compare to ZF2, AX99 not as stiff as ZF2 but had this shuttle hold.

Sainttoo likes this.
  7. ErikaT

ErikaT Regular Member

TRADE FINANCE
    Yea. My friend also said something similar. He said that the Nanogy 99 on the AX99 is not fantastic (and my string already lost some tension after so many months). He suggest that I should switch to a thinner string and higher tension before buying another racket

8. ErikaT

ErikaT Regular Member

TRADE FINANCE
    I believe my AX99 is a 2nd gen. I bought it this year and its batch year was in 2019. The AX99 is not head heavy compare to the AX100ZZ or the ZF2 in my opinion. Even though ZF2 has Extra stiff shaft, due to the Shuttle lag( the shuttle just stay at the string longer), I feel that I can bent the ZF2 much more than other rackets

9. boby

boby Regular Member

how long did you have to use your zf2?

it's make me more curious about shaft stiffness retention.

10. ErikaT

ErikaT Regular Member

TRADE FINANCE
    I have used my friend ZF2 for 2 games last time

11. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

Ah, I thought zf2 is yours. There are pretty cheap zf2 s out there in some shops around $100-110. Maybe just order 3-4 and use them for a long time
    Zf2 is a unique racket which ia difficult to find very similar one in other brands. As I said thruster BXR may work for you from victor or maybe thruster falcon or drivex 8k.