Recommendation for head-heavy, 5U, stiff racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by MaDuShI, Oct 25, 2020.

1. MaDuShI

MaDuShI New Member

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a racket with the following characteristics:
    • Weight: 5U
    • Balance: Head heavy
    • Stiffness: Stiff or extra stiff
    Something like the Yonex Voltric FB. Does anyone know other rackets with similar characteristics? Ideally, something that comes cheaper than Yonex.

Thanks!

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

As far as i could remember, there is no stiff on extra light racket.
    Most super light racket come with headheavy & flex which i think to compensate the weight loss.
    Medium probably but stiff not sure if it exist.

3. random123xxxx

random123xxxx Regular Member

you should go for nanoflare 800lt. it is 5u and is said to be head light, but it's actually is head heavy when you hold it. it's stiff as well. but also do try it out before buying

Sent from my CPH1877 using Tapatalk

4. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Have a look at the Victor Light Fighter range, they have rackets to suit your specification.

5. pughon

pughon Regular Member

Yonex Atrox 22 is stiff, but it is 2F (7U I think), you have to add weight.
    Btw, are you not happy with Voltric FB?

6. MaDuShI

MaDuShI New Member

Thanks for all the replies!

That's the thing, I am happy with it, but my issue is that it is quite expensive. Playing doubles, I break them quite fast, that's why I am looking for a racket that is similar but less pricey.

The Light Fighter 7390 is indeed close to the specs. But I believe the price is similar to Yonex.

I believe, this one, the price will be even more insane.

7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

with whom you play with? Fixed partner or random partner?
    If it fixed, try to comunicate with your partner who takes the shuttle when it fly toward the middle area. If not, learn to know what kind of partner you had & if he is insanely agresive bloodlust guy. Better to hold yourself & let him take most of the shuttle.

Is there some price or betting on your games? Like if you lose you had to buy the winner some cold refreshing drink?
    Does the price are worth the risk? If yes take with all your might to win, but if not, take it with more precaution.

8. pughon

pughon Regular Member

I assume that Apacs is not hard to find at your place.
    Try to have a look in their website for 5U and stiffness of 8.0 or less.

In my experience, Apacs Z Fusion with 80g and 8.0 stiff is acceptable to your expected specs.

9. MaDuShI

MaDuShI New Member

I am mostly playing with random partners. It's not like I am breaking them after 2 or 3 weeks, but they rarely last more than 6 months. And even though there is no real reward to fight for, unexpected clashes unfortunately always happen. And the Voltric FB is often gone in a single clash.

Thanks I will check for Apacs, they are indeed way more affordable than Yonex!

10. Budi

Budi Regular Member

try Lining, its much more durable than both Yonex or Victor. If you like light racket, look on Windstorm series or Instinct model.

11. random123xxxx

random123xxxx Regular Member

I recommend either lining tectonic 7i or yonex nanoflare 800lt

Sent from my CPH1877 using Tapatalk

12. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

You can try victor bxr 5u. It is head heavy and extra stiff. It comes in 3u, 4u, and 5u. It is not cheaper tho. Maybe there is something like this in midrange thruster series.
    Ah, I remembered. You may check thruster k hmr and hmr light. They are much cheaper, has good reviews, and 5u-hh-stiff

#12 Sainttoo, Oct 31, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  13. MaDuShI

MaDuShI New Member

Hey everyone.

Thanks again for all your recommendations.

For those who are also interested in this profile of racket, I have, by pure luck, stumbled upon one that has exactly the characteristics I was looking for, while coming at a very cheap price: the Perfly BR900 Ultra Lite P Red.
    • Balance: 307mm (very head heavy)
    • Weight: 76g (light side of 5U)
    • Stiffness: Stiff
    The best part is the price. Since it is a Decathlon product, it is made very affordable at only S$56 here in Singapore, which is less than 40euro.

I know that Decathlon/Perfly is not one of the major brand recognized in badminton and I have friends who mocked their rackets when they were still branded as Artengo but I believe it is worth trying oneself before stereotyping cheaper products as low quality.

s6edge, Cheung, mille and 1 other person like this.
  14. plee

plee New Member

Thanks to this thread. I bought this Decathlon Perfly BR900 Ultra Lite P. I was looking for the same spec: 5U stiff shaft head heavy racket.

Tried it out for one session. Baseline to baseline clear with stock string clear seems to take a bit less effort than my Yonex NS7000. Sweet spot feels pretty large as well. It, however, I feel a lot more vibration through the handle than NS7000. NS7000 has almost zero vibration. With NS7000, I have a muted feel of the shuttlecock hitting the string and leaving the string.

Vibration level on the Decathlon racket is pretty similar to the vibration l feel from my friend's Lining N90iii.

Is this vibration good or bad?

15. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Another option is the Adidas Uberschall F3.1

PSX_20210121_005357~2.jpg

16. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I like to get feedback from a racket rather than a hollow feel but vibration typically isn't good.
    Maybe changing the string tension will help but it may be an issue with that racket.

17. plee

plee New Member

I don't think Adidas sell their badminton racket in Asia.

Other than the vibration, which is bearable, the SGD$55 decathlon racket is still a pretty good racket.

I think it comes with Ashaway strings. Decathlon badminton strings are made in USA. The only American badminton string manufacturer I can think of is Ashaway.

18. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The widest selection of Adidas rackets are in Asia, more than is offered in other regions but they may not be in your local Decathlon.

Typically the standard strings in any racket aren't great, most players remove any existing strings and have the racket restrung before use.
    I haven't tried any Decathlon or Perfly rackets so cannot comment if they are ashaway strings.

Gpower likes this.
  19. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Not sure which Asia Adidas own the market but here in Indo, its like dead brand just waiting for the remining stock sold out & thats it. No new model, no restock, & big discount.
    & looking at some different court i play, its pretty common to see Apacs, Hiqua, or Flypower (forget Yonex, Lining, or Victor as its very obvious you will see those brand on any court you visit) but rarely i saw Adidas.
    They already had good line up of racket. At least my recent take over on P8 are hitting the mark. Im very pleased with it. They just need to think about their marketing strategy.

20. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Thats a shame, I know there was different versions of rackets in Asia and some rackets that didn't make to other regions.

Hopefully Adidas recover from the current situation and start to appeal to other players.

Budi likes this.