Head heavy, flexible, 4u racket anyone?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Syazwan Sufri, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Syazwan Sufri

Syazwan Sufri New Member

Hi I’m looking for a racket like the title says that could cover my weaknesses. One that can let me clear well and gives extra power to smashes. I was looking into the li ning super force series im not sure if anyone has tried that before. Recommendations are welcome thanks for your help

2. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

That's called a coach.
    Again, you're not looking for a racket, you need to improve your skills.

If you really don't want to take my advice, the Adidas Überschall F2 or Wucht P2 both offer easily accessible power.

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

On my neighbour court where a coach training a young player, i saw small slimm girl that able to do clear easily with Astrox 7. So i agree a coach would help you better than a new racket. Fix the wrong technique 1st then look for new racket that support your style better.

I categorize myself as strength base man. I could clear far away to the outer court with just my hand without body & foot movement (purposely doing wrong technique), but doing so would exhaust me more & sore my hand if used repeatly. Wrong technique risk yourself for an injury , so again i really sugest you to fix those technique 1st unless you want to risk yourself for an injury.

4. Syazwan Sufri

Syazwan Sufri New Member

Hi there, yes I currently am under coaching but I what I have now is a light racket (5U) that my cousin gave and was looking for beginner friendly rackets that I could use for years to come as I improve my technique.

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

then you should ask your coach for racket advice. He who train you, see you directly, & observe your progress can advice better than us here that dont even know or see you playing.

6. random123xxxx

random123xxxx Regular Member

tbh, turbocharging n9 may be what you're looking for. it's slightly head heavy and it's flexible.

Sent from my CPH1877 using Tapatalk

7. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

Sorry this might not the answer u r looking for, but what about ur shoes?
    If you are still using running shoes i recommend you to buy and get some badminton shoes or "at least" other indoor shoes that was meant to support some side to side movement
    Also about racket, hows ur budget?
    If you are looking for some beginner friendly racket, on lower end i think you could try Lining Super Series, just research some of the type theres like 88 99 100lite etc with a litte bit of differences

alternat0 and Syazwan Sufri like this.
  8. pepe54

pepe54 Regular Member

Here is a list of rackets I would suggest. Like you, I have been searching for that extra edge to my game over the years and found these to suit. That aside, I find that going with a lighter racket generally detracts from power output and the distance of your shots, which is the exact opposite of what you wanted to achieve here. For example, I struggle with using anything lighter than a 3U in both singles and doubles for both offensive play and deep defensive play. The only scenario I would use a 4U is for fast defense up to midcourt. I can't imagine anyone using a 5U-7U for anything half serious for that matter.

1. Voltric Z-Force 2 3U
    This is difficult to use, and hitting feedback is lacking, but if you are strong and fit on a regular basis, this is the ultimate "A" option for producing massive hits and 10m+ punch clears to the ceiling. Don't be frightened off by reviews which say the racket is stiff ; the shaft is actually thin and somewhat flexible unlike some of the others mentioned below.

2. Victor Thruster TK-9000 3U
    Easy power generation and very comfortable, the shaft on these is great, however obtaining one today might be difficult. The newer TK-9900 might be a similar alternative. Another "A" option.

3. Voltric DG10
    A more backhand friendly, but similar alternative to the ZF2

4. Apacs Virtuoso Performance (labelled as a 3U but in reality this weighs like a 3.5U @ 89-92.Xg with grip).
    If you want a conventional 4U thats somewhat easy to use, I would recommend this, but I find it lacking in the smash-kill department, though you could sustain consecutive smashes without much exertion if that is what your game plan is.

5. Yonex Nanoray Z Speed 2U
    This is arguably, the stiffest shaft among Yonex rackets, and the racket is not head heavy, but even balanced. It is not easy to generate power, but can produce some of the biggest hits with a perfect string and tension setup. Note, v.stiff shaft but flexible head portion, great for stick smashes or snappy whippy shots.

6. Yonex Duora Strike 2U
    Same as #5 except that the shaft is shorter, but thicker, and the forehand side hits noticably differently and the head shape is not a compact quad, but a regular isometric.

*note: #5 & 6 I do not recommend, but are included for the sake of comparison, or if your insanely fit (semi-athlete level).

If I were to hit a punch clear or a baseline smash, end to end from the same spot cycling across these rackets, the difference from best racket to worst is as follows:
    -Distance wise, the hardest hitting options land clears about +3m outside the court ; +1.5 - 2m for the "A options" and around the second baseline for #3 & #4.
    -For baseline smashes end to end, both the hardest hitting and "A" options tend to land between the first baseline and second with the difference being that it in actual games, it is noticiably easier to land 1 hit smash kills with #5 and #6 than say #1 and #2. #3 and #4 don't have any much threat or weight in the smash department unfortunately....

Syazwan Sufri likes this.
  9. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

If you're looking for 4u Head heavy and flexible.
    Go for Astrox 77 yellow

10. Yves-bzh-29

Yves-bzh-29 Regular Member

I thought he was looking for flexible shaft ?

11. random123xxxx

random123xxxx Regular Member

astrox 77 is mid stiff.

Sent from my CPH1877 using Tapatalk

12. Yazfyl

Yazfyl New Member

Salam bro, since you are in training why dun you get a heavier racket (3u or 2u). It'll help to develop your strength as well. Just a suggestion though.

13. pepe54

pepe54 Regular Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Z Force 2 is actually more flexible in reality, due to its unusually thin shaft.
    Voltric 80 / Astrox 88D are the other obvious options.
    I'd put up the more chart for the 100ZZ but
    a) It has a very short shaft, of standard diameter / thickness.
    b) Yonex of recent has been deleting /fudging information from these charts for unknown reasons and the gaps between designs are less noticeable.

*solid feeling should (and used to) read STIFF -->

Syazwan Sufri likes this.
  14. Yves-bzh-29

@Syazwan Sufri among the flexible / head heavy + good smash i played with, Kawasaki King K9 is really nice and also Babolat I pulse Blast + Jnice black Panther 4u + Abroz nano 990 power.
    May be you can try Astrox 39 and Astrox Smash but i never played with.

15. Syazwan Sufri

Syazwan Sufri New Member

Hi there, thanks for the suggestion. That looks like a very good racket but seems more to advanced players (maybe im wrong) but its also out of my range. Looking for RM100-300

16. Syazwan Sufri

Syazwan Sufri New Member

Wow! What a great insight to rackets I never knew. I’ll take these into considerations but probably wont commit to stiffer rackets as I’m still honing my techniques many thanks for taking the time to come up with these suggestions. Bless you kind sir

17. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Some good budget options from Li Ning are the Turbo charging 10 (4u, head heavy, medium) and 20D (4u, head heavy, flexible) or the 3D Calibar 001 (4u, head heavy, medium) and 200 (4u, slightly head heavy, flexible).

I tried a TC 20D of a friend once and liked it, but not as much as my N9 II (TC 75).
    It is good for fast powerplay and not too headheavy to allow for a controlled type of game.
    The LN catalogue says it is medium but I would rate it as flexible.

badmintonpog1 likes this.
  18. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

King k9 is the best choice.. The frame is fast, with defence and offensive style.. adding head heavy it makes a very ideal choice. But beware once u get used to k9 it’s really hard to turn back. It would take at least 3 weeks to get used to other rackets. The mid flex shaft suits for quick drives as well.

I play with 88d and I had no timing issues with k9 on smashes in fact it was a surprise.. but on quick drives k9 was really fast that I missed the shuttle completely that shuttle arrived late while my strokes went fast..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pootisfoib likes this.
  19. Raju

Raju Regular Member

Just wanted to know more about babolat i pulse blast. I currently use 88D pro, but after few hours of play i feel tired and wanted to have a racquet which can help me a bit.

Is I pulse feels head heavy or even balanced? How is the flex - very flex or medium? My worry is it it's too flexible then accuracy is compromised. How is it in defence and net shots?

Plus, i also want something in budget that's why not looking at other flex racquets from Victor or Yonex.

20. Yves-bzh-29

We can't compare the Babolat I Pulse to th ebonies AX 88 D pro. I pulse is a flexible head heavy racket made for club level players. it's a good racket but the frame is probably not as stable as the Yonex. Low budget mid stiff and a little head heavy maybe the play version of Yonex arc saber 11 ?

Raju likes this.