Astrox 77? Arcsaber 8PW?? Help a newbie!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Jakob Hallman, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Jakob Hallman

Jakob Hallman New Member

Hello fellow badminton enthusiasts,

I currently play with Carlton Heritage V1.0 racket but want to upgrade to progress my beginner-intermediete gameplay. Playing mostly singles 2 times a week but also doubles. After some research I got my eyes on either Yonex Astrox 77 or Arcsaber 8PW. What do you think? Arcsaber 8PW seems like abit easier racket to handle, not sure if Astrox 77 will be too advanced for me. Maybe their are some other options aswell?

Any recommendations will help! Thanks,
    Jakob, Sweden

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

What did you find lack on your current weapon?
    Had you try some friend racket before?
    If you do, what racket & how was your comment about it.
    If not. I suggest you to test many other racket your friend had for your reference to find your next weapon.

3. Jakob Hallman

Jakob Hallman New Member

I tried my brothers babolat very stiff rackets, which was way too stiff for me, thats why I'm looking for abit softer feel. My current racket feels abit cheap in build and materials, and im lacking power so that's why im looking for abit more headheavy racket.

4. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

Other than arcsaber 10 and 11 I think there is no point to get any other arcsaber and these would be pretty stiff for you imo. So, ax77 might be good choice and you may go 4u. But everyone has different preference. Some beginners/everyone may prefer 3u for beefiness reason to generate more power while others prefer 4u bec it is easier to swing so they can generate more power. Trying some rackets from the people around you is a good suggestion, so you may have some idea what you like and what you dont like. Also, I heard blue ax77 is less head heavier than yellow version. In the end, I may suggest 4u ax77 and you choose the color depending on head heaviness you want.

5. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    I have the Astrox 77 and it is in between medium flex to stiff flex for the shaft, that might be the downside of it. Besides that, it's one of the best head-heavy rackets I ever played with especially as an intermediate player. I think you will be fine either way.