Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I see, thanks for the clarification.

2. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    The 11 point system favours the attacking player . Those who are used to Speed and Power and who dont make so many mistakes.
    But the 21 point system favours the patient player who pounces at the right time to win. They also rely on good stroke and deception to create winning shots. In a way they have a variety of skills and use their mental game to win. So there is a case for the CBA to have another competition after 3 months to see whether the same players prevail.It would be interesting to see the outcome.
    The players here lack really good spinning net play, ala the Indonesians. They also lack deception in their smashes and change of gear, ie slow, then fast ,patience then speed and power.Their smashes are too straightforward which is why its picked up easily. They should have studied their opponents play and then counteract with a strategy. For example K. Momota frustrates his attacking opponent by his very good defence and the attacker loses strength and tries harder and makes mistakes. Anticipation and good footwork helps a player to be deceptive. This wasnt evident in this competition. Shi Yuqi is a good example of this strategy especially in his matches with K M. I dont think these players can handle the top 20 players in the world easily. My 2 cents observation

3. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Good retrieving skill and court coverage, tenacity should be her forte as she's quite mediocre in terms of net play and attacking shots.

Yup, both of them are really look alike, style of play and outlook appearance including body figure. Don't know which is good aspect or not against foreign players.

Actually, he took part 2016 World Junior Championships in Bilbao, Spain but lost in third round to Korean player Kim Moon Jun.

upload_2020-11-11_10-22-15.png

The lefthander Weng HY, currently ranked #137 must wait longer time to compete international tournaments as BWF might prioritize top-tier Tour (S500, 750, 1000) next year to accommodate this pandemic era, cluster format.

Only four CHN MS in top-32 post Lin Dan retirement on last July, indicating the regeneration isn't so smooth as it's hard to seek gifted player.

upload_2020-11-11_10-28-14.png

tbgoh288 likes this.
  4. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Didn't see li shifeng,lu guanzhu,shao junpeng and gao fanjie in this tournment

5. djake

djake Regular Member

Dr
    Also Chen Xiaoxin, Zhang Yiman, Liu Haichao and the 13 yo wonder girl Xu Wenjin
    Maybe they did, but lost early

6. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Anyone have the links to watch matches of liu liang?? I think he played well in this tournment as he is just 17 years old. Same goes for tan ning also.

7. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

#3188 tbgoh288, Nov 11, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  8. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Found it, the match between Liu Liang and Ren Pengbo

#3189 tbgoh288, Nov 11, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    Justin L likes this.
  9. antssantss

Retired
    Noticeable that Liu Liang has changed his style of play. He isn't as wild and constantly attacking his opponent ie relying mainly on speed and power. (As in his tour in Europe ) He has been coached to slower his game and use his speed to place his shots to cause his opponent to make a weak return. This was what Shi Yuqi had to do as well. He is young and certainly has the potential to be a better player.He needs to develop a winning shot that is a LL special, like SYQ 's cross court smash, amidst all his other creative ones that will be in his armoury in the future. Best of luck LL. Looking forward to see how he progresses. Oh his reading of smashes is very poor . I think he is too far away when he is ready to receive the smash. My humble observation

10. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

And also He bijiao

11. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Chen long also didn't participated in individual tournment but he played in the team event. Btw what happened to He Bijiao??

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Chen Long participated team event only.
    Shi Yuqi, Lu Guangzu, Zhao Junpeng, He Bingjiao gave a pass to the just concluded National Championships due to the conflict of team transfer as they’re supposed to join Bayi team (Army/military) rather than provincial team, don’t know the clarity for this issue as there’s no further explanation or transparency.

13. antssantss

Retired
    Does the CBA hold competitions for U12 and U15 players? Does anyone know?

14. CLEAN

CLEAN Regular Member

Here's a thread in a China badminton forum about a national badminton youth championships -- https://bbs.badmintoncn.com/thread-1345592-1-1.html. Perhaps, you can understand it better than me.

Apparently, finals tentatively scheduled for 21-27 December.

antssantss, Justin L and tbgoh288 like this.
  15. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Wow , bone test to ensure that there are no age cheats. I don't think we will get to see live matches on line as it is just a championship for the juniors.

Last week I switched to watching World cup Table Tennis. I am not surprised that Harimoto can speak perfect Mandarin as he was born to Chinese parents who went to Japan to be coaches, but what about the Japanese girl. Is she of Chinese origin too?

#3196 tbgoh288, Nov 17, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    Justin L likes this.
  16. antssantss

Retired
    Thank you Clean. Unfortunately its not in Englush5. I am glad they do have these tournaments.

17. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Dong Tianyao and Liu liang should be eligible to participate since they are still under 17 on 1 Jan this year, but they may just opt out. However the two players in the below video will most likely participate. One of them is Sun Chao (in blue and red T shirt) , born on 20/8/2005. The other player is Deng Dong Lei. Can't find his date of birth.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1N...E14F7F4287A50246CB2BFC764866&ts=1605692812239

Here is another video featuring Sun Chao His opponent is Zhu Xuan Chen, born on18-1-2004

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV11...E14F7F4287A50246CB2BFC764866&ts=1605696582787

#3198 tbgoh288, Nov 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2022
    antssantss and Justin L like this.
  18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Deng Donglei and Sun Chao are Impressive, these young juniors, under 17, born in 2004 or later, are outstanding, the future of Chinese badminton looks bright.

antssantss and tbgoh288 like this.
  19. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Actually Sun Chao played in the CBSL 2020. I saw his name in the line-up of one of the weaker teams . Missed his match as I had some thing to do. So I scoured Weibo and Bilibili for his matches and could only come out with the two that I had shared. I also searched for XU Wenjin's matches in junior championships to no avail.

antssantss and Justin L like this.