Forearm Routine for Badminton: Queries

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Abdullah Ahmad AAK, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Abdullah Ahmad AAK

Abdullah Ahmad AAK Regular Member

A- Hand grippers, 100 reps fast speed, 3 sets

[​IMG]

B- Anabolic Aliens' bodyweight 5 mins routine

My questions about above are as follows:

1- Are all 5 exercises in B useful for power in badminton strokes, or are some those that target 'unnecessary' muscles in the forearm?

2- Can I do the above exercises everyday or will it be too intense for the body to recover back from in time? Consider that I'm just starting out on training forearms.

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

The 1st training i did it very long time ago when im still basketball player at junior highschool, trying to increase my gripping strength. It can be done plain like that or if you had tennis ball, you can try squeeze it repeatly.
    the 4th training i did quite awhile but while holding a plastic bottle filled with sand to add some weight. Rotate my forearm repeatly while holding the bottle.

Nowdays (especially after Covid spreadout) when i had nothing to do & just watch TV or read a book, i will sit on the floor with my racket on my hand, resting my hand on my knee, & stupidly swing my racket left to right with my forehand.

3. dnewguy

dnewguy Regular Member

Hello,

We use our forearms a lot more during the day than you would realize and they consists of relatively small muscles. So its easy to overload them with an added exercise routine. I personally don't train them everyday or to fatigue because then I start getting cramps if I need to lift something heavy for a sustained amount of time. If you are working out in a gym them I think your forearms would be getting enough passive training to dedicate any special routine for themselves.

Cheers.