Requesting Yonex Racket Recommendation for 5'2 Petite Girl

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by slair76116, Nov 20, 2020.

1. slair76116

slair76116 Regular Member

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    Hey Everyone My wife is 5'2 and she is very very small, she has no power in her shots and is beginner level.

She always complains her wrists hurt because her racket is heavy.

I have no issue with price, Please recommend yonex Racket and string tension also if you dont mind.
    I currently have 100zz 4U, 88D 3U, ZFii 4U and they are all not good for her just FYI.

Is the nanoflare 800LT a good option? with UM66 at 25Lbs?

Thanks a lot.

2. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    Considering she's a beginner, give her a racket with her head weight preference and DEFINITELY don't give her a racket that is stiff. Give her a racket that is more user-friendly. In terms of the Nanoflare 800LT, I wouldn't recommend it.

3. Mcth

Mcth Regular Member

waaa... your rackets all for killers....... unless advanced players sometimes i use nanoray then zf2 also abit discomfort...

if i were you i will get those yonex FB models like super light ....

For lady and beginner 22lb more than enough (when i was high school team 25 years ago.... i only did 24lbs...)

https://www.newvisionbadminton.com/yonex-arcsaber-fb-review/

4. LiteBulb

LiteBulb Regular Member

If you have access to the nanoflare drive or astrox smash series, you can give those a go. They are highly flexible and inexpensive. My kids uses the nanoflare drive with bg66@22 and they could clear well!

boby likes this.
  5. boby

boby Regular Member

any cheap flexible racket 5U or 4U weights, with any string at 20lbs tension or less.

newbie girls just need bouncy tension and comfort grip (size and material). so they can hit the birdie far long to backcourt with a tiny power.

Give her proper badminton shoes is more necessary.

6. Budi

Budi Regular Member

yes shoes 1st but all his current owned racket are all beasty & hard to tame.:eek:

Like Zeus said, only they who deem worthy can wield & unleash its power.:p

Lining Windstorm series might be good option.

7. slair76116

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    Sorry guys I want to make it more clear.

Price is not an issue for me, Im blessed with a good job.

The rackets I mentioned are all mine she cannot handle any of them.

So I understand 22lbs is good. And 5u racket.

Unfortunately we have no access to try racekts.

Any recommendations in rackets price no issue ?

Thanks very very much

8. pughon

pughon Regular Member

All of your rackets are stiff and heavy.
    Since all of them are Yonex, you might want to try Astrox 55 or Nanoflare 600. They are flexible.

9. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Yup i got it money is not an issue but know that most of the high end expensive racket are quite wild beast & hard to tame.

So, as mentioned above, Lining Windstorm are Lining light weight series which might be much easier to handle.
    Other racket that i had try maybe Astrox 7, Astrox Smash. Astrox 77 maybe but it still not to flexy tho not stiff either.

Those cheap price not exist just for our money issue but sometimes they exist to provide beginner racket where they can start their badminton life. You dont want to throw away 10 high end racket every month for sure as beginner tend to misshit & clash alot.

10. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

Astrox 66 might be good pick or nf600. Something with 6 in yonex are generally for women.

11. slair76116

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    I think the NF600 Got a few good recommendations here will give it a go yeah at 22Lbs. Thanks everyone for your advice.

What about the NF800LT that looks good yeah

12. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I disagree that a lighter racket does the trick. She has no power. Normally beginner swing slow. A too light racket lack mass to work with the slow swing together. Her wrist hurt due the tension and stiffness. I also disagree that between body weight, body height and gender is a correlation of racket choice. Tension should be as low as possible (18lbs-20 lbs) to make the sweet spot large and the string should be on the softer side to minimize vibrations. I recommend to look at any Li-Ning of Boost or Instinct Type. Forget any Yonex racket above medium. NF800LT is a stiff flyswatter. Harder to get any power out of it and as said before the weight is not the issue, it's the stiffness.

#12 ucantseeme, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  13. slair76116

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    Interesting

14. pughon

pughon Regular Member

I think Nanoflare 600 is a quite reasonable choice. It is marketed "command the back court with effortless shuttle flight and reduced impact shock".

It has aerodynamic frame, flexible shaft and VDM to reduce vibration.

#14 pughon, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  15. dhobo

dhobo Regular Member

I had to experience similar scenario, assumes untrained or low activity wrists and forearms... tried a few and came out with:

1. even balance (definitely not head heavy)
    2. 4U or light 3U, too light and shuttle never gets deep
    3. G5 grip or smaller (show her grip for forehand/backhand, forearm supination/pronation basic)
    4. overgrip on factory grip (ease up grip at times when shuttle on other side)
    5. flex shaft
    6. string tension <20lbs
    7. don't go compact frame
    8. wrist band for some compression on wrist
    9. shoes make the difference if playing for few hours (not some junk slender no sole pumas with no shock absorption)

helped her immensely to enjoy the game...

visor likes this.
  16. Mcth

Mcth Regular Member

Bro NF800 .... should be stiff right.... she is not ahsan or setiawan , unless u are using it as an excuse to buy another racket for yourself :p

I am using the previous NR900 stiff ... any top end Nano series has to be stiff .... so that we can drive it down faster .... but of cos you need a certain level to appreciate that...

https://badmintonbites.com/the-complete-guide-to-yonex-badminton-rackets-nanoflare-series/

For starters good to get Hi Flex rackets .. non yonex brands is fine too ..... I had use wilson rackets before light and easy to use .... just when u are smashing higher players with full strength doesn't seem to punch through but for beginner lady play its going to be fun.

String put 20 to 22lbs medium feel repulsion strings should be ok

#16 Mcth, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  17. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

100% agree with this. If it has to be Yonex, then the AX77 or AX7 will fit the bill perfectly here. Combine that with a repulsive string like BG80(P), BGAS, Li-Ning No.1 or No.5 at 20'ish lbs. and you have a perfectly fine forgiving and supportive racket with good feel and easy handling. That's what a beginner needs. A stiff and superlight flyswatter would be the wrong choice.

18. intrepid

intrepid Regular Member

Yes, those two seem to tick the boxes: Yonex + as expensive as possible + beginner-friendly

Just buy on her color preferences: pink -> AX66; blue -> NF600 :p

For my wife, I got an Auraspeed 11B (comparable to NF160?) with 66UM at 10 kg. It's very easy to use and gives good power when the swing speed is not high.

This is likely a combination of your unforgiving stiff rackets and her wrong technique. You have to teach her to never ever use the wrist to generate power; instead, lock the wrist and use forearm rotation and finger tightening.

19. slair76116

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    Thanks a Lot guys, I'll be looking in depth at your recommendations and will post here soon my final decision is made, Thank you so much for every single one of you!

If there is more advice or inputs please do let me know. more information more points of view the better.

20. slair76116

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    Guys what's your advice on High Flex VS Medium Flex because AX66 high flex 77 medium flex

Remember she has no power and she is tiny :)
    swing speed slow, power low, technique poor looking for coach for this actually.
    But based on her physic I don't think she will get a lot of physical power anyway.

Thanks again