Where to go after BG80P

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by slair76116, Dec 23, 2020.

1. slair76116

slair76116 Regular Member

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    I haven't played in a long time and just started badminton 3 months ago, I have the following rackets

Astrox 100ZZ
    Astrox 88D

I dont know much about new strings, and I have only used yonex in my life.

I'm currently using BG80P Japan @28Lbs on both and prefer them to UM66 and N98. I have a good smash and I want to make it better, I make more points from that than any other shot and I mostly play mixed doubles from the rear of the court. I have no problem clearing and I'm mostly looking for a good smash with feedback, the UM66 lacks feel for me, and I love the way the 80P feels when I smash.

I'm in a country where I have little access to strings and plan on ordering over the web, any recommendation based on my current favorite string BG80P. It became my favorite about 5 years ago and I have tried the newer strings.

Thanks.

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Dont think there is no new string from Yonex recently.
    The new string i know is Lining 66Extreme & #1 Boost. Never try #1 Boost. Only 66EX which is very much stretchy & good on its early fresh string.
    I put 66EX on my spare racket & my 2 Year BG66UM on my other unused racket are still better than 1 year 66EX. Yes BG66UM feel dead especially its 2Year old string. But between the 2 choice when my main racket snap, i will play with BG66UM.

3. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Regular Member

That feeling bg80P gives you when you smash; bg80 will give you that feeling except there's more of it. I know my language is a bit clunky here, but that's what happens when trying to describe a feeling. BG80 give so much feedback, it's delicious. It's difficult for me to estimate the 'power'-difference since I haven't played with 80p since forever, but bg80 just feels better.

4. slair76116

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    Thanks I forgot what the BG80 feels like I think I changed from BG80 to 80P, I'll try it again.

And I was also thinking of trying Aerobite

5. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Yup that is what I would suggest

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

6. michael5098

michael5098 Regular Member

1. What do you dislike about BG80P?
    2. What do you like about BG80P?

Answering these 2 questions will be helpful when recommending strings. There is no clear upgrade from one string to another and there will always be drawbacks. It will just depending on what you prioritize (power, repulsion, feel, control etc.). From what I gather, you are just looking for smash power so I would avoid thinner strings with high repulsion. High repulsion is good for quick net kills and drives but bad conveying power in a smash.

7. slair76116

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    1. What do you dislike about BG80P? The reason I asked the question was, I havent played badminton in many many years, surely new things have happend and better string have come to the badminton world? thats the main reason. I left with BG80P many years later still thats it?
    2. What do you like about BG80P? The feeling when I smash, the feed back to my hand...I feel I can generate more power with this than anything else.

8. khoai

khoai Regular Member

Try aerobite boost. If you like hard feeling strings BG80/P, you will not regret.

[​IMG]

9. Mikkel Press-Stevn

Mikkel Press-Stevn Regular Member

If you want to try something new try the Aerobite - I have tried BG65Ti, BG80 Aerobite and Aerobite Boost - and I prefer the Aerobite as it makes the racket feels more alive and responsive. There is plenty of power in Aerobite, and i really dislike BG80 as it to my opinion feels dull and boring (which is just my take on it)

10. Budi

Budi Regular Member

String tech didnt change much.
    BG66UM 5 year ago are still BG66UM today, so does BG80P, BG66F, etc...
    On string, we just had new variant like Exbolt63 but if you dont like BG66UM then doubt you would like it.
    Just stay with BG80P if you love it.
    Dont overwhelm yourself with this little thing. You just play again, so... Just enjoy the games with your old setup.

Gpower, puttguy and speCulatius like this.
  11. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Regular Member

If feedback is what you're looking for, regular bg80 is unsurpassed, even better than bg80P.

12. MarketWizard

MarketWizard Regular Member

You said you're looking for feedback. Then exbolt 63 for sure hands down.
    I will say this however. I had been raving about exbolt 63 to a lot of people and one guy decided to try it. I've played singles and doubles with him numerous times and know his play style quite well. His weakest point is the speed of his smash. Otherwise, he has a very balanced game and no other noticeable weakness. After trying the exbolt 63, he said it was better than BG80P in every way, especially drives, as well as clears, backhands, slices, drops, what have you. He said it was superior in every way except smashes. And since it made his weak smash even weaker, he said he rather stick with 80P.

#12 MarketWizard, Jan 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    kwun likes this.