Toyota THAILAND Open 2021 (S1000) : R/32-FINAL (19-24 January)

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Jan 18, 2021.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Oh I'm not making any claims about the financials of hosting a tournament, just reminding ppl that watching a YT video really isn't a good way to generate money for anyone or anything

2. Bardie

Bardie Regular Member

Yes , that's exactly what I mean ! 256 athletes is a full draw. But if you usually play a qualifikation MS 16>4 and 8>4 in all other disciplines you have 40 athletes more and that will take cost for the organizers --> more hotelrooms , more transport , more costs for T.O.
    So in March we will see tournaments in Europe with only four linejudges (instead of 6) on court until Quarterfinal and only six linejudges (instead of 10) in Semifnals and finals. That save costs if you play only on three or four courts instead of five courts.

#462 Bardie, Jan 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  3. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    Lee Cheuk Yiu himself claimed that he would've done the same as Vittinghus had it been him in that situation. Also, he also said that it happens in sport, in fact, he did mention of the same thing happening in his favour at the HK Open. So why are you still here being annoying?

j4ckie and Bardie like this.
  4. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    as noted above, venue cost goes up with fewer courts.

5. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    understood. my rant had no specific target. it was meant for everyone.

6. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

the second game from Viktor looks like a message to Momota

7. Bardie

Bardie Regular Member

Not at the bwf-tournaments I know. It doesn't matter if you are 12 or 15 hours in the venue. Television and workers for that are only at the last days in the venue. Technical Officials work at the venue for nothing , so no more hours have to be paid. Sorry , there is nothing I know that will cost more. So , if you are only with 16 umpires (instead of 28) and 18 linejudges (instead of 32) you only need 17 hotelrooms (instead of 30) , so this WILL save costs. If you know something that will cost more with fewer courts pls tell me. ;-)

8. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    i'd like to rent those venues! in my location i have very very few suitable choices. yes, the venue charges by the day but it really means 8-10 hours. the daily fee translates to ($x,xxx.xx / 8 to 10 hours). if you go over the allotted 8-10 hours it's overtime because the mandatory union janitorial staff that comes with it gets paid overtime rates after their 8-10 hour workday and they factor in extra utility consumption. prior to actual competition time there's a few hours of practice on the tournament courts per day. naturally you're aware of how unpredictable competition time can be. sure, i can prepay for a 15 hour day but if i get lucky and get out faster there's no prorated adjustment. there's no discount for prepaying anyway.

in my part of the world the venues you see on bwf tv are a minimum of $20,000 per 'work day'. they have to be able to accommodate bwf requirements. bwf doesn't care about the cost cuz they ain't paying for it.

category 3 tourneys can be held in venues costing only $3,000 - $5,000 per 'work day'. way fewer bwf requirements cuz bwf doesn't care. ha!

it is economically unfeasible to host a wt 300+ near me... or any level tournament for that matter. but we try. :D

9. Bardie

Bardie Regular Member

Normally the venues I know you rent for the whole week , so it doesn't matter if you are 10 , 12 or 15 hours in the venue. Ok , you have to pay a few persons like security , ticketshop (ok ,not at these times - sometimes it's unsaliered cause people of the host do it ) etc. But this is not so much you have to pay more. You save for 100 percent more money for less T:O. and courts. Stay healthy!

10. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    everything depends on what city/country your tournament is in.

11. trickshot_artist

trickshot_artist New Member

Awesome ep by HK in that episode he posted!

AYearOnTour likes this.