Shuttle comparison

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Daveyehuda, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Daveyehuda

Daveyehuda New Member

Hi friends i am in india and have tried many different brands like lining, kawasaki, victor, addidas but i am unable to find a shuttle at par with yonex shuttles, what i mean about at par is mainly the wieght of the shuttles, most of them have a bit more wt on the base and you can feel it ehile hitting the shuttles, so basically the feel isnt great.

Any suggestions from you experienced players?

2. MarketWizard

MarketWizard Regular Member

If you're looking for something slightly light, aeroplane black label eg1130 and Youhe might be what you'd like. I personally find them too light for my taste but it sounds like you'd like it

3. Daveyehuda

Daveyehuda New Member

Unfortunately i cant find that one in India

4. hctan38

hctan38 Regular Member

Freelance
    I am an experienced badminton player for the past 50 years of my life and still playing. I have heard of all those brands like aeroplane, swallow, RSL and Yonex and have tried all those shuttlecocks. They are old brands. They are many other new brands such as Protech, Lingmei, etc. Among the shuttlecocks suitable for tournament and relatively economic are RSL Supreme, Yonex AS 30, Protech Platinum, Lingmei 90 etc. I have used all these shuttlecocks and they are more or less the same standard and player's preferences. I am now using RCL Black Gold, Black Silver and SeaLion C1101G (cheaper one). and would suggest if you would like to try them., do contact me. Take a look at the review of various shuttlecocks http://shuttlecocks4badminton.blogspot.com/2015/01/rcl-black-silver.html

Attached Files:

5. Mukesh Rana

Mukesh Rana New Member

6. Mukesh Rana

Mukesh Rana New Member

Hi friend,I am also playing with feather shuttle. I am from Delhi.I am a state level player in 40+ veterans category. I know few good shuttles which are good both price and performance wise. Please be free to call me on 9711100612..
    Regards
    Mukesh

7. ningbo GIG

ningbo GIG Regular Member

owner of factory

how many dozens do you use?

8. Daveyehuda

Daveyehuda New Member

Where do we get these?

9. Daveyehuda

Daveyehuda New Member

Well we use around 20 boxes a month but i can infact consider buying and reselling if the shuttles are worth, what i Need is first important thing it should have a natural cork like any yonex shuttles, i see that other brands they dont use natural cork for lower models and that is why the feel isnt good. Second thing is durability else i will use yonex cos yonex for some reason isnt durable nowadays

10. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    What Yonex model do you use? The biggest mistake of most people who look for a shuttlecocks is to look at the price per tube. And if they aim the budget category they will often get less consistency and quality which result in mediocre to bad durability. I would buy various tubes of shuttles in the mid to mid-high price range and would look how many shuttles you will bin a in session. If you use shuttles which costs 30% less per tube, but you bin 50% more shuttles compared to a higher priced tube you will pay more money in the long run. IMO there is no cheap shuttle which has the same quality and durability as a higher priced one. Look for cost efficiency instead of the price per tube. brands don't earn much on shuttles per tube, but due the mass. That's the reason why discounts and sales often exclude shuttles. You will mostly get what you pay for.

sokol250 likes this.