Yonex ALL ENGLAND 2021 : R/32-Final (Birmingham, 17-21 March)

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Mar 17, 2021.

1. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    i'm comfortable with attributing 5% - 10% of the blame on b.england & bwf. why? a simple suggestion to link everybody to the uk nhs site in the prospectus is all it takes. i've written a tournament prospectus a few times and i would have included it. especially given the state of the sporting world right now and the material importance of travel info. if i can link to tournament entry, visa, hotel & transport info in a prospectus i can easily link to local gov't travel info as well.

you see, on one hand bwf & organizers cannot use the excuse (paraphrasing thomas lund of bwf) 'this is hard because of the int'l nature of the sport', but be blameless when it comes to reminding and/or informing stakeholders (federations) of vital information sources of material importance. you can't have it both ways. it's all part of looking out for your fellow stakeholder BECAUSE it's an int'l sport involving many locations & languages. again, especially given the state of the world right now.

it makes me wonder who is looking out for who in this partnership...

stanleyfm likes this.
  2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

They behaved like children and blame the tournament organizer and governing body for something they had nothing to do with. Entitled and embarrassing.

If you're putting numbers on it, I wouldn't be very opposed to 5%. However, some people are acting like it's 95-100% on BWF/B.E. and that's just utterly insane to me. The entitlement and carelessness of these people just doesnt cease astounding me. It's one thing that this happened, it's really unfortunate, but anyone with a semblance of professionalism would accept this as one of the things we have to live with thanks to a still very problematic global pandemic.
    Well, it seems even a semblance is too much to ask from some of team INA, and it really doesnt surprise me at all that the poster children for entitlement are at the front of it once again, this time not for reckless partying during a pandemic, sure, but stirring up your fans against the BWF who had no control over the events that transpired....not that much better. Literal children throwing a tantrum when they don't get what they want. It's going to be real interesting to see these two decline with age, wonder whether they'll even bother trying once they're not contesting for #1 anymore or whether they'll just throw the towel and blame someone or something else.

Far be it from us to doubt the word of the man who wasn't aware that positively tested people have to isolate

#382 j4ckie, Mar 19, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  3. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

:D

4. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    Giquel/ Delrue is strong.. very strong. On another day CPS/GLY will be the ones that have to go home.

Btw, Thanks @Bardie to clear up one of the one ifs.. Clearly, PBSI have to take their share of responsibility too! And also, knowing this, they also should be the ones to be held responsible for the irresponsible comments of their players!

I mean, the strange situation is, the team manager of Indonesia (Ricky Soebagdja) actually explains it quite well in the video posted only a few hours after they were sent to the hotel.. (
    ), and he didn't stray from the facts, he didn't give speculations.
    He also said it clearly that, the government is the one who asked the organiser, to send the Indonesian Team to quarantine.
    He said that BWF cannot do much, and he will try his best to search his way and communicate with NHS (which is within his rights), that the Indonesian team is disappointed (which is strange if they are happy). He didn't even mention those 7 tests.

5. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

still it is extremely funny that people were warming up in extreme proximity, playing with everyone and then suddenly they are unsafe, just because of some shitty imaginative rules which have 0 logic and actually 0 infections prevention logic, it does not matter whether it is BWF or NHS fault, but situation is just with 0 logic, and that outrage is very understandable

but anyway that close mix QF with Chan and Goh win was nice end to the day

6. necrohiero

Student
    I did say about that, but that is far off than the situation of the NHS regulation that is blamed to BWF. The only way BWF can be blamed on this one, is only if they didn't communicate the rule at all. Even then; like @j4ckie said, why the players (or PBSI) also didn't search? They (the players who protested) frame it as if Indonesians didn't know AT ALL that the regulation is there.

As for the tournament itself, despite the Indonesian problem, it is not as tightly controlled as the Thailand tournaments. This is funny, as it is a backward step...

7. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    Gacon1234star likes this.
  8. necrohiero

Student
    If they didn't do it again... Just deny them entry when they submit the player's document:

They have to sign a document saying: We as an association already read and understand all the risk of sending our player to a tournament within covid pandemic, according to all local regulations, that could change any minute!

But then, BWF also have to ensure safety of all player up to a standard that is defined even higher than before. Then done deal!

9. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Pretty sure Marin is one of these 3 players

Gacon1234star likes this.
  10. necrohiero

Student
    Marin sure had yellow and red.. but black? I am not so sure...

11. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Sorry, but this doesn't solve anything at all. England is not even in Europe anymore.....

12. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

I remember watch that match. But I can't recall who her opponent is and where it is
    It was a weird one though. Because she was finally allowed to play again after discussion with the tournament referee
    But still lost because she was not on the right mental condition anymore

skhai91 likes this.
  13. necrohiero

Student
    Ah.

That is weird.

14. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Oh it is this match
    A simple search on youtube with 'Carolina Marin black card' leads me to this
    She got the second red card at 1:10:00, the problem started maybe 5 minutes before though

15. Bardie

Bardie Regular Member

Sung Ji Hyun vs Carolina Marin | WS F Yonex German Open 2015
    You will find it at yt.

16. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

17. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    carolina received 2 red cards at the 2015 german open gpg vs. sung ji hyun. it should have been a black card dq after the 1st red card. the referee & umpire did not follow the laws of badminton by not issuing a black card.

edit: damn, i type too slow.

stanleyfm likes this.
  18. necrohiero

Student
    AHH! I remember this, that she received a red card.. I somehow didn't remember that it was two, or black.... But when I was talking about red card.. i was thinking about this one. :eek:

19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

so you have to ask bwf are those 7 allowed to play. And this happens before the NHS news.

they basically messed this up. That in itself is 90% their fault. They didnt stick to the protocol.

20. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

i was writing this suspensiom to a brazil guy and he said its probably xenophobia, since other asian countries participated in the tournament as well.

they just single out who they want to single out.

#400 Yoji, Mar 19, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2021