AX 100ZZ vs NF 800

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by emilsmazais, Apr 7, 2021.

1. emilsmazais

emilsmazais Regular Member

Enthusiast
    Hello!

Is there anyone who perhaps owns both rackets and would know how to explain the most notable differences? I know that the 100ZZ is head-heavier than the NF800, but that's about it.
    I owned a NF800 for a few months and was loving it until it broke in an unfortunate racket clash. Now I am considering buying one or the other, but I don't have a chance to try it out + the Yonex store in Latvia is both closed and doesn't have in stock.

Any help/feedback would be appreciated!

2. KingCantona

KingCantona Regular Member

I am having both at 4U. I can say both racket feel pretty different. The key different I can say is that NF800 is a faster racket but less powerful compared to 100zz. 100ZZ have a special feeling compared to any other racket maybe due to the solid shaft.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk

emilsmazais likes this.
  3. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    If you love the Nanoflare 800 since you had it before you had an unfortunate racket clash, why not just get another one? Is it because of the racket clash that is getting in your way of buying another one (maybe it is the thin frame that is the most susceptible)?

When getting a new racket with different specs, there is no doubt most of the time it will be different and will take time to adjust to.

Note: Astrox 100ZZ is a head-heavy racket whilst the Nanoflare 800 is an even-balanced racket

Hope this helps!

emilsmazais likes this.
  4. emilsmazais

Enthusiast
    Thank you for your response, you are right, I am a bit afraid of breaking one again because it is not that cheap :D
    I think the 100ZZ would be a lot more durable, but I am unsure about how head-heavy it would be. I once tried out the 88D and found it to be too heavy for my liking, while the NF700 sometimes feels too light.

5. emilsmazais

Enthusiast
    What do you mean by 'special feeling'? Feels more solid? My NF800 was in 3U and felt both solid and fast

6. badmintonpog1

Wannabe
    He means that the Astrox 100 ZZ has what is called the full frame NAMD body of the racket ( Astrox 99 also has it too). It gives it somewhat an even balanced feeling for a head-heavy racket. It is hard to explain but that is how to feels toe when I swing my Astrox 99.

Also, the Astrox 100ZZ is less heavier than the Astrox 99. You can find out more from Yonex's catalogue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. emilsmazais

Enthusiast
    hmm, sounds interesting, might have to buy it to try it out, new technologies are always tempting :D
    But thank you for the explanation!

8. badmintonpog1

Wannabe
    Yeah no doubt it does. I have an Astrox 99 after using the Astrox 77. Just don’t @ me if the Astrox 100ZZ doesn’t work out for you. If it is possible for you to swing it before you buy it, please do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. emilsmazais

Enthusiast
    Of course, after all, it's my own decision to buy it
    Unfortunately, it's not possible to test it out, as the stores in Latvia ar both closed and doesn't even have one in stock, AFAIK

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

10. slb18903

slb18903 New Member

What is your game style and do you play doubles or singles more? Are you a hard hitter or you play more of a drive game?

I own 3u and 4u of the 100zz and also the 3uNF800. I would say i have good power so smashing is not one of the go to points when selecting a racket. I play doubles and i like fast drives and couter attacks. If you like the speed and quickness that the NF 800 gives you, then maybe just stick to NF800, since the 100ZZ is slower on racket head return given that it is a head heavy racket. If you would like to have power in smashes but also some fast drive games, then maybe find someone that has a 4u 100zz and try it out.