India Badminton

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by limsy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Poor show at Olympics'2020 is a reflection if the reality of badminton situation in India. Time to wake up, revamp and bring in drastic changes.

Time to focus on junior players.

2. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

It wasn't a poor show by SatwikChirag. Yeah you can say they could have done better. But not a poor show. You know what's more poor, performance of Sai. That I will agree. Let's wait for Sindhu to light up the mood.

3. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Indian players are like a pendulum, play extremely well one day and poorly the next day. Sai Praneeth unfortunately played his worst badminton on his Olympic debut. This will rank among India's worst MS performances at the Olympics. In 2012 Ajay Jayaram was India's in form player, he reached the semis of the China Masters. China gave Kashyap the back door entry and shut the door on Ajay. Kashyap at least reached the quarters. We have to wait till 2024 and hope the best 2 MS players qualify.

Satwik/Chirag have had better matches against Kevin/Marcus but couldn't find their rhythm and played below par. One game win was the difference between qualifying in the group of death. Their performance against Taipei was solid. Against England they were subdued but did enough to win. Look forward to stronger performances from our best doubles pair!

PV Sindhu is the lone warrior, just hope she rises to the occasion and doesn't falter.

:)

Cheung likes this.
  4. Baddie lover

I like this line your mentioned. I remember I was so sad for Ajay coz he was going through. But then Chen Jin gave a walkover to Kashyap in QF of India Open and Kashyap knew he had to reach semis to qualify so that's luck. Kashyap made full use of it and reached quarters where he fought bravely against one and only Lee Chong Wei. If Kashyap would have lost meekly in the group stages, that would have made us furious. Okay then I was a child back then , no control on emotions.

But now seeing Sai Praneeth lose to Misha doesn't make me disappointed or angry. I just smirked and moved forward lol. Only hopes on Sindhu to make us proud. I'm satisfied with SatwikChirag. 2024, three more years let's see what the factory produces. Lakshya will be matured, young women players well not so optimistic, SatwikChirag will be experienced. Interesting scenarios

badmuse likes this.
  5. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    We need more than Lakshya, more players.
    I had huge expectations on Priyanshu, his talent and attitude seem good but Gopi is playing hide-n-seek with him.

Gayatri took a game from Tai, I think she is also talented.

Time to focus on young and coming players.

And for BSP, his life goal was always to be an olympian I am sure he'll boast that for the rest of his life with shameless pride, medal was not what he signed up for, medal was never the deal. Just go to tokyo enjoy katsu curry, roam around.

I am not completely convinced by MD pair, first match they played a lot of match points into net, they didn't show the stability/calm of a top pair, I dont think they won 4 points in a row. I am yet to see an athlete/pair who is/are more nervous and more excited than this Indian MD pair.

6. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Chinese don't give a crap if it was Kashyap or Ajay, they just want to have fun and create tensions in the camp.

7. Baddie lover

They still aren't in that level needed to be called a top pair and they still not have that much control on nerves to sustain a match against top player. I'll still say they were better as a pair in 2019. Apart from that, what I meant by satisfaction was this was a group of Death. They won two matches , I'm happy with that. The match against Minions , well they has a 0-8 h2h (or 7-0) they should have done better at least show the urge to win points. They have a good attitude, they'll learn. Can't say this about rest of the players. We lack attitude (not only badminton but also other sports) required to go to next level and sustain it.
    Watch Sumeeth Reddy excitement then lol.

8. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    We were talking about how to best shine an diamond and suddenly drifted to 'soggy coal' are we ?

9. Biglever

Biglever Regular Member

Engineer
    Our badminton players need MARCOS training. Send them to J&K for 6 months.

Let's go India

10. Baddie lover

Lol, wait for whining by those players, various human rights organisations and ultra left.

Biglever likes this.
  11. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Sai Praneeth's misery is complete finishes the group stage with no wins. He was unable to hold on to a 6 point lead in game 2. Gopichand takes credit when players do well. Will he accept responsibility for this performance? He is focussed on junior players right now. Does Gopichand have time to focus on the duties of Head coach?

12. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Everyday is a new low.
    Dude!! won't you let Gopi celebrate the out of world performance from MD?
    This is a great shame to the country, from near miss in semis in 26 to last in group in 21.

13. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Link: https://www.espn.in/olympics/badmin...cs-badminton-players-pv-sindhu-b-sai-praneeth

Praneeth on his performance:
    I was not confident enough
    . I was trying everything but there was no confidence in my strokes. I came on the court to win but unfortunately it was not a good performance for me. I started well in the second and then lost the points," Praneeth said.

PV Sindhu on her performance:

I found my rhythm from the second game on and I finished it off. It was a fast game and I made a couple of unforced errors. I changed my tactics and got things under control. This type of test is important before a big match," the 26-year-old Indian said after the match.

R16 match

"It's not going to be an easy game. I need to recover well and come back stronger. I've played her a couple of times, every point is going to be important. She's an aggressive player so I need to be aggressive as well," Sindhu said.

Baddie lover likes this.
  14. Baddie lover

I have not been affected by Sai performance. It's just that I was laughing at his misery coz I never expected this type of performance honestly. But now after reading his comments, I feel bad for him yeah surprising coz I never thought I would feel bad for him. At least he's honest in what he said. I expected worse comments from him (like those delusional comments which Srikanth and others make).

badmuse likes this.
  15. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

MS and MD team back in India

16. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Ashwini Ponappa and Sikki Reddy training in Bangalore at PPBA

17. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Gopi should encircle the boys and say "Boys that is Kevin Cordon of Guatemala, an ideal to look upto"

18. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Mathias Boe was in tears after India's MD exit. Does Mathias Boe want to continue as MD coach? His appointment was only till the Olympics.

Baddie lover likes this.
  19. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Boe was the most determined man among the 4 boys that boarded Tokyo'20 flight.

badmuse and Woesi like this.
  20. Baddie lover

I think he'll continue. I don't know why but I like it when foreigners get more emotional than us in our matters. This shows his love cutting across boundaries. First Boe, then Park's reaction after Sindhu won against Akane. Priceless and heartwarming.

badmuse likes this.