YONEX ASTROX 99 (AX-99)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by konww002, Jul 2, 2018.

1. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

@ckyew Did you notice any difference between the red and the white version? Some hands on show that there is a slight difference in balance and the red seems easier to play with

2. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

No I didnt feel any difference. Its just a paintjob difference.

badmintonpog1 and akatsuki2104 like this.
  3. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

Why would you get the 99 Pro if you're going to swap out its unique bit on the racket? :D

4. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

Stiffness wise, is this 99 Pro much more stiff than the 88D Pro? I bought the 88D Game to replace my 99 and I find it a tad too soft and hollow so I can't tell which would replace the 99 but still being softer than that.The 88D Pro seems to fit the bill

#1364 akatsuki2104, Sep 28, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  5. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

I wouldn't say its 'much more' stiffer than the 88D Pro but certainly stiffer. My review comparisons were certainly drawn against the 88D Pro which I currently play with.

6. fufu27

fufu27 Regular Member

before it, they have arc11 peter gade, voltric 80 peter gade, voltric 70 etune.

offbad and yenyesoh like this.
  7. jctai

jctai Regular Member

I believe it's Arc10 that has the Peter Gade color. Arc11 never had any player color before.

8. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    They had the Taufik Hidayat colorway of the Arcsaber 11 if I am not mistaken. The colors of it were gray, yellow, and black. But that is besides the point of the Astrox 99 Pro colorway. :)

Attached Files:

9. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

Speaking of more, here's my review of the 99 Tour, Game and Play rackets!
    White Tiger [​IMG]or Cherry Sunburst [​IMG]??!!

10. YoonSoAh

YoonSoAh Regular Member

Am sorry to ask about this, but is the Tour having a slightly more unstable head (and more vibration) compared to the Pro, since u did mention that the feel is a bit more hollow, and there's a difference in the frame material? Or is it actually more stable compared to the Pro, since its head are lighter than the Pro? Kinda concerned that the Tour doesn't have any solid feel core (and therefore, more vibration, which is meh to my hand, having actually played with some APACS rackets that's without any internal damping) ._.

Interestingly, Vsmash on FB did mention the Tour as having the solid feel core, but no mention of all the tech of the Tour on the official Yonex web smh, so I dunno whether it's true or not, here's the link btw

11. heroclass

heroclass Regular Member

Just received my 3UG5 Ax 99 Pro in the cherry and white colour. I haven't strung them up yet but they seem more flexible than my arc 11 just by dry swings. I think the white version may be stiffer than my cherry one just by a tad, but it could just be the batch difference. I'm excited to try them out! Honestly though both colours aren't appealing to me too much, even seeing it in person. I am not one to only use good looking racquets though so hopefully they will play well for me.

12. fufu27

fufu27 Regular Member

agree with it, I have both of them. white tiger seems more head heavier to me than cherry sunburst, so I decided use white tiger for single play and red one for double play.

strung with bg66 29lbs. work perfectly for me, 4u5

13. fufu27

fufu27 Regular Member

oh sorry typo. I mean ARC10 peter gade ..

14. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    There was also the rio limited box viktor axelsen with the rio ltd engraved in the regular colorway if this counts.

badmintonpog1 likes this.
  15. jctai

jctai Regular Member

hard pressed to count it as one :p

16. Schultzier

Schultzier Regular Member

Hi guys!! I just got my Astrox 99 pro and am really impressed with it. My version came in 4u white. Having used a head light racquet before, the 99 seemed to make the singles court smaller. It felt absolutely great to play with.

I am currently using aerosonics on my racquet at a tenshion of 26lbs. I would like to ask if you have any strings that you think compliment this racquet.

17. frostcone

frostcone Regular Member

Anyone try the 99 Tour? How does it compare to 88D original? More power/slimmer/faster?

18. jimmyNH

jimmyNH New Member

hi guys..i just got my ax99 orange 3ug5 today..according to you guys the older version/batch of ax99 has really head heavy frame..and i wonder if mine is older or newer batch/version..the engraved code at the cone showed 271293SP means mine was manufactured at 27th september 2019 yes ? but idk what last digit before SP code represent..btw mine was gutted with aerobite boost with 12.5kg/28lbs of tension and towel grip was used with original grip removed..and the total weight that i got after strung and my towel grip is 95g with the balance point of 306-307mm..dying to know which batch is mine because when i compared to my 3u ax99 pro cherry sunburst..felt like the 99pro swings heavier..what do you think ?

19. jimmyNH

jimmyNH New Member

sorry wrong month there..*27th Disember 2019

20. Kikuhito Senshi

Kikuhito Senshi Regular Member

project manager
    Has anyone else noticed that strings break far more often in the 99 pro compared to the old 99. I am wondering if it has something to do with the new string pattern with the wider gaps? I seem to be breaking strings twice as often as I was with the 99.