Victor DENMARK Open 2021 : R/32 to Final (19-24 October)

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Oct 18, 2021.

1. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

Yes ASY is really on form and looks sharper with better attack (I was concerned she was morphing into Sung Ji Hyun/ Bae Yeon Ju type passive player)
    It's unfair to dismiss her wins against both Akane in UC and Sindhu today. (Even though I agree both players were not at their best while losing against her).

arjevo and hybisme like this.
  2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

What a wasted opportunity for Mohd Shohibul Fikri/Bagas Maulana. They were leading 16-14, only to let the Danes storm back and take the rubbet-set 21-17.

3. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

She know it and we know it what she has to work on. You dont need to say it. As we all know who you are and what about your so called 'moral' for everybody and chinese players especially. So...
    We know she will work on. Otherwise , she is not a reigning World Champion.

4. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Denmark have joy finally. Would love them to win all the way now and see their China Open dance again.

hybisme likes this.
  5. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

Whenever I watch them, I always hope that they win just to see their over-the-top, and highly exaggerated celebrations :D

6. WhiteStringJunkie

WhiteStringJunkie Regular Member

Second to you, brother.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

7. azerez

azerez Regular Member

the young pair nervous on late stage and made silly error, denmark pair must be really glad they beat minion

8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah they are the highest seed now. None of my favs are there already so I hope they win their 2nd SS title. I'm sure the celebrations will be nothing less than their 1st title.

9. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    If only CYF had met PV in OG, given PV's record against Chinese in major's and the way PV demolished CYF in the latest major tournament they met i.e WC'19 there isn't much to guess there on how bad CYF would lose, not only PV even AY would have thrashed CYF, lucky for CYF she faced TTY whose style suits her.

I also don't think HBJ is also stupid enough to attribute her loss to lack of motivation unlike you the the sorest loser ever.

arjevo likes this.
  10. Phanou

Phanou Regular Member

Unfortunate for the young INA pair but you had to give it to Astrup/Rasmussen today. I thought Astrup was particularly impressive in this match.

11. trizzforce

Yeah it's likely to be a DEN v JPN MD final (that's if HokiKoba manages to avoid choking)

12. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I dont feel glad or not glad. Everyone would want to fight for their career. Even more so the young INA pair (and imagine if they reached SF), thats probably better than Minions reaching SF. It was close.

and For Kim/Anders .Had they face Minions again, they have every right to win as well. In this tournament, the players left in the draw are basically fighting for their 1st Superseries titles.

13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

the Celebrations looked like they already win SS though backs to the ground, finger to the sky, etc and that what worries me , beating INA 6th pair nonetheless.

14. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

The difference between commenting on your fellow countrymen and being neutral.

Can we not just agree that this was a good and intense match and both pairs played well?

15. hybisme

hybisme Regular Member

Is it the vibes in the court or what. there seems to be more service errors and faults in this tournament
    surprises me even very stable players like Fukushima and Polii are making service mistakes

16. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

They have never been past 1/8 finals in Denmark Open and this is the 5th time they play it. Combine that with beating a good INA pair who just beat minions and who play better than their ranking would indicate. It seems to me that many of you just can't stand celebrations? This is not the first time I see comments about what you think are exaggerated celebrations. They are just happy. Let them be happy.

17. trizzforce

Such awkward vibes between HDP and ZhengYu. It's uncomfortable to see them playing together. I'm getting the feeling as though HDP thinks her partner is not good enough for her to try hard or something.

18. trizzforce

I genuinely enjoy their celebrations. It's heartwarming to see them being able to do that on their home soil after a win.

19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

i'm more worried about what happened tomorrow. Usually this kind of celebrations lead to losses, from what i see in badminton anyway and i want them to go all the way. i'm fine with the reason, etc.

20. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Anybody have the link to c2?