Badminton in Japan

Discussion in 'Japan Professional Players' started by gaDEfan, May 6, 2007.

1. kurako

kurako Regular Member

So happy that the Uber Final was scheduled after my bedtime. The above scenario could conceivably have been mildly annoying.:D

2. yuon

yuon Regular Member

PJB: "You've forgotten that the two WC titles and two WC silvers played each others. There had to be a worse choker. And the other silver? Well, it's not a gold. 'Nough said!"

:D:p

Cunning Linguist likes this.
  3. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Relentless Reporter:"So you've obviously noticed there was a problem with these players as far back as 2017. What have you done about it so far´and why have your measures been entirely fruitless?" :D

yuon and kurako like this.
  4. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Looking ahead to the tournaments in Indonesia later this year, I note that it is not only Okuhara, but also Nagahara and Fukushima who will be absent. Matsumoto Mayu will be pairing up with Sakuramoto, which is surprising because Sakuramoto/Takahata have the ranking to enter as a pair in their own right. Or might it be that Takahata is also injured? :confused:

5. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

Wow, that's a wild one. I would have never expected Sakuramoto to pair with Matsumoto.

6. Michael V

Michael V Regular Member

I did notice those too. All of those are really strange but Okuhara and Matsumoto/Nagahara have accepted WC invitations though (I know it’s really early and they may still back out eventually)

7. yuon

yuon Regular Member

What's going on in the WD camp :confused:? All these injuries can't be due to the busy schedule. I wondered why Japan did not bring Sakuramoto/Takahata as the back-up pair for the Uber Cup, and they're not playing at the Denmark Open either, despite being on the A team, so it's highly likely that Takahata is also injured.
    Okuhara has been pretty vague about her condition. It didn't sound very serious in her last update, but she's skipping practically all of the tournaments so one really has to wonder.

8. Isaac goh

Isaac goh New Member

Shida and matsuyama retired at 1st round... Hope shida can be recover soon..

9. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Sakuramoto/Takahata were originally entered for both the Denmark Open and French Open, but withdrew on September 15 along with NagaMatsu.

10. kurako

kurako Regular Member

For Bird Japan fans, it is not only the French Open, but also the Belgian International (IC) that will be of interest. Here, the action involving Team B players will start on October 27!

Pcyl likes this.
  11. cococo

cococo Regular Member

I think the Singapore pair will win the Belgian International for MD,I saw them play at the Czech Open(which they won) and they're very strong. Also,they are older and more experienced than many of the competitors. Their competitor in the final was very good too though,if they don't meet the Singapore pair earlier,they might be able to win.

Not so sure about the rest of the categories.

Sent from my SM-A307GN using Tapatalk

kurako likes this.
  12. kurako

kurako Regular Member

As far as Japan is concerned, I will be interested to see how the following players fare:

MS: Shimono, Hatano
    WS: Mizui, Gunji
    MD: ?
    WD: ?
    XD: Yamashita/Shinoya

Pcyl likes this.
  13. Pcyl

Pcyl Regular Member

Missing = kodai naraoka, Watanabe koki, asuka Takahashi.

But happy to see that shimono is playing.

Do keep inform if can see live streams. Thanks

Sent from my XQ-BT52 using Tapatalk

kurako likes this.
  14. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Naraoka and Watanabe Koki will feature at the Hylo Open, as will Kawakami Saena. Takahashi, unfortunately, withdrew.

terrynguyen121988 and Pcyl like this.
  15. yuon

yuon Regular Member

Team B finally getting some action! It's about time! Naraoka and Watanabe Koki needs to raise their rankings asap. Naraoka's junior peers like Kunlavut and LSF are leaving him in the dust.

16. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Watanabe Koki will also feature in the upcoming tournaments in Indonesia. Naraoka has withdrawn, though.

17. kurako

kurako Regular Member

I think that you should be able to view all the courts at https://www.badmintoneurope.tv.

Pcyl, Cunning Linguist and jyeung like this.
  18. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Wow, Minoru Koga was lying on the floor crying after losing to Hatano. Significant match in terms of future team composition?

19. kurako

kurako Regular Member

I did not see the match; only the scoreline. Koga Minoru is THE top Team B MS (Japan domestic rankings), and has his aspirations fixed on a place in Team A. It might be difficult to believe, but he is actually ranked No. 4, above both Watanabe Koki and Naraoka Kodai. I don't think that 20-year-old Hatano has ever beaten him before. It must have come as a fairly severe shock.

Good for Hatano! And after that hard, long match, he went on to win the next one, too. I am not sure how his stamina will be affected after three matches in one day, but he is through to the main draw.

As for the other Japanese players in the qualifying round, Onodera Yusuke is currently playing his third match; but Obayashi, Tanaka, and Koga are out. In the WS camp, Gunji Riko won both of her matches, and is through to the main round.

Shimono will start playing from today. He is pitted against seed no. 4., Max Weisskirchen, so this should prove revealing as far as his current form is concerned.

20. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Judging by all accounts, yesterday's was a gruelling schedule at the Belgian International. Masuda Keita (National Team B coach) is with the team. Apparently, he entered the hall at 9 a.m., and left at 2 a.m. the following morning. :eek:

It is a fairly early start today, too. Onodera is not going to get much in the way of sleep.