Tai Tzu Ying ( 戴資穎 )

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei Professional Players' started by limsy, Jun 19, 2010.

1. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

This is what I'm thinking as well
    I can imagine her thinking, "Hey, I actually want to play. But just not as much as the BWF wants me to. With this pandemic, I can make use of some free time to do other stuff, and come back to play when I feel I'm ready"

But the other possibility may also be true

2. cococo

cococo Regular Member

I saw some professional players do that,they leave the country national badminton association and then they can pick and choose which tournaments to go too and have more free time for their own stuff. Most of them have already achieved a lot in their career,and badminton becomes more like a hobby than a career for them after that.

But yea,I think only time will tell, probably in the next few months,she would be more open about her plans.

Sent from my SM-A307GN using Tapatalk

3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    3 years not far. She can earn more money with winning and sponsorship. ;)

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Is there any information or hints available if TTY will participate in the Bali triple header? She's posted a video on FB today showing her on court (for the first time since the Olympics afair...), but I couldn't figure out if that was a clip from the present or the past:

Maybe someone in here can help clearing that one up.

Edit:
    At least she's on the entry list of the Indonesia Masters as of yet (https://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/players.aspx?id=5E798196-5CFB-402B-9561-DAA294EDB4C1#T), so I guess we'll just have to wait and see if she'll appear.

#1544 s_mair, Oct 28, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  5. visor

visor Regular Member

That's an old one. I think she's too busy making commercials these days, it seems like...

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Mate, what's with all the more or less subtle negativity and cynisism in your post these days? I really miss the positive visor from like 2 years ago. :(

Here my take on this. If she was planning to participate in the upcoming Bali events incl. WC, she would be in an intense preparation phase right now which put her on court or the gym for several hours per day. Looking at her social media posts, there is zero indication that she is. As said, the last time she's seen on a badminton court was after the medal ceremony in Tokyo.
    So imo, I don't expect her to play the WC. And in my book, that makes it very, very likely that we will read her retirement notice around the timeframe of the WC.

I would be thrilled if I was proven wrong there, but that's my prediction looking at the signs right now.

#1546 s_mair, Oct 30, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
  7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Just a quick update here. TTY has withdrawn from the Indonesia Masters and Indonesia Open as expected:
    see
    https://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/seeds.aspx?id=5E798196-5CFB-402B-9561-DAA294EDB4C1
    and
    https://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/seeds.aspx?id=7612bc08-c24e-434a-a7e6-c0012167104d

She's is not qualified for the World Tour Finals. Will she take another shot at the World Championships? I'd be very surprised if she did tbh.

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

9. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Well, TTY cannot win the gold again at the WC. And this time with Chen Yufei not participating in the WC.

Sadly for TTY, the top players with their coaches, have figured out TTY's game for the WC finals and Olympic finals. All the more reason why 2017 was TTY's best chance to win the WC - because nobody had figured out her game yet.

10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Just watched the highlights of the final against AY. There is just something keeping TTY from bringing her absolut A-game in these matches. She seemed to be moving that tiny bit slower and more hesitant compared the the previous matches. Is it a mental blockage? I don’t know. And was that the final push to getting a major title? Either way, there is a certain aura of „unfinished business“ surrounding her.

Leaving that aside, huge congrats to AY who played really well and precise. She seems to have unlimited battery capacity.

11. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

That’s without a doubt one of the best bits of news of today! Nice!

13. rakenrol

rakenrol Regular Member

it was really frustrating watching TTY get a 7-3 lead and immediately commit 3 consecutive unforced errors. happend on both the 1st and 2nd set. happy for yamaguchi though.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

So, from the horse's mouth , the rumour that she's going to quit badminton is not true. OK, that's good to hear.

15. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I think that „rumour“ is the wrong word there. I mean, it was TTY herself who mentioned that she was considering to end her career after the Tokyo Olympics and so far there had been no update on this. But however we call it, it’s awesome to hear that she will still be around for a little longer.

16. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

I think if she had won gold in the Tokyo olympics and the world championships, she might hav retired. Maybe she’s now looking at Paris 2024 which is not impossible, she is still pretty young.

17. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Lee Chong Wei Syndrome?

18. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

For TTY's string pattern, can I just string the racket normally and skip hole #10? or do I have to do something special?
    [​IMG]

19. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Just skip B10 and add an extra string in B8. That’s it.

20. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

Ow, I just skip B11 :oops:. Does it really matters?