Stringing Clamps for 68 hole rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by HyperJun, Nov 14, 2021.

1. HyperJun

HyperJun Regular Member

Hi.

Just wondering does anyone have issues stringing the new Yonex 68 hole rackets?

My stringing machine clamps are struggling to fit between the larger holes and i constantly have to move the strings out of the way. This puts 2 clamps teeth between the strings.

Screenshot 2021-11-14 182122.jpg

I am using the Gamma universal stringing clamps.
    Does anyone know of any alternative clamps that can fit with larger hole sizes?

Racket shown in the picture is the new Yonex Astrox 99 pro.

Thanks for your help.

2. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Fine with the Ali Express diamond coated 4 tooth clamps. I hope that helps.[​IMG]

Edit. Looks like you could shift the clamp position in a little and it would fit ok.

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

kakinami likes this.
  3. HyperJun

HyperJun Regular Member

Ok thanks.

I've shifted my clamps all the way to one side already. It still didn't fit, i think its because mine is 5 teeth.

Maybe its time to invest in a 4 teeth clamps now.

Thanks for your help.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    I have the same clamps and I don't see how it won't fit well. in your photo, just move the top string (the one sitting right outside the clamp) down one tooth, and shift the whole clamp up by a couple of mm.

5. khoai

khoai Regular Member

That's what I found as well, posted in another thread:

"The clamps came with my X6 are 5-tooth universal clamps. In general they work fine except space between teeth is a bit narrow for crosses and sometimes causes damage to the mains. You can either order badminton clamps (4 teeth, cheap $70 each) or universal 4-tooth clamps which are default on all high-end Gamma machines. I like badminton clamps a bit better because they are cheaper (of course) and also they have slim profile so you can easily use it near racket frame, e.g. last mains or last cross. Its design is not as modern as the universal clamps and seems to have a bit less holding power."

Need help deciding on Gamma XLT or X6FC/602FC + Wise 2086?

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    I don't see any problem. I put it 1 away from the frame like you did. But it can also be one step closer to the frame. Either way there are no issues.

[​IMG][​IMG]

#6 kwun, Nov 15, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

The problem might be that weird 68 hole pattern and the uneven string density "tech" of the AX99 Pro. The AX100 has a standard 76 hole pattern:

AX99 Pro:
    upload_2021-11-16_7-42-58.png

AX100ZZ:
    upload_2021-11-16_7-43-27.png

I'm pretty sure we will see more similar complaints with different clamps when more manufacturers will pick up this uneven string density thingie.

8. khoai

khoai Regular Member

Kwun, that exactly what I did too but you can see even in your photos strings already touch the 2 end teeth. And when tension is released, ride back would cause the clamp to push the strings even more. That doesn't happen with 4-tooth badminton clamp, of which teeth are slimmer, better spaced.

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Agreed on the better spacing for sure. But I don't know if that's a deal breaker.

10. HyperJun

HyperJun Regular Member

Thanks for all the updates guys.
    I'll play around and see whats the best option. Looks like any 5 teeth clamps are going to have the strings right on the edge and as Khoai stated, the pull back when released pushes the strings a bit.
    The main concern i have with this is i have seem some damages on strings when the clamps are dropped. Maybe my teeth edges are sharper and might be causing a bit of ware.
    If it causes a lot of issues and depending on the number of rackets i do, i'll consider getting the 4 teeth clamps.

11. nttcar66

nttcar66 New Member

I am having issue with flying clamp, see pics . Any advice how to correct the clamping issue.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. nttcar66

nttcar66 New Member

Attached Files:

13. HyperJun

HyperJun Regular Member

Unfortunately there's no way to fix this. Its the racket hole size causing all the issue.
    Majority of the 5 teeth clamps will all run into this same issue. You will need to purchase some other clamps (preferably 4 teeth) to fit.

Good luck searching.

I've given up trying to buy some 4 teeth clamps, the times that i get these 68 hole rackets i just have to move the strings. It sucks.
    Gamma wanted to charge me $250aud/clamp + $90 for shipping. Almost half of what i paid for my machine and i dont get these rackets enough for me to warrant paying that kind of a price.