Astrox 100 ZZ vs Astrox 99 pro vs Astrox 88d pro vs Astrox 88s pro

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Nihal, Nov 20, 2021.

?

Which do you say is the racket I would like that would meet my conditons?

1. 100zz

15 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. 99pro

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. 88dpro

23 vote(s)
    41.8%
  4. 88spro

8 vote(s)
    14.5%
  5. others(in comments)

5 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

Hi all,
    I know its a bit comparison here.

A little bit of bg info abt me, I play singles in intermediate level, I use the Astrox 77 4u version.
    Have been loving it but my coach recommends that I get a spare second racket cuz we are starting to train really hard.

I have mostly an attacking play, but I need to cover up my weakness which is quickly changing pace from a slow game to a fast game with drives.

Please suggest a racket from the above, I would like it not to be too head heavy and also has a good sweetspot.

Thanks in advance.

2. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Just get another one!

3. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

Yeah but what if I think that the 88pro's or 100zz's will be a better choice for me?
    should I just stick to the ax77 which I don't feel like as its yonex's 1st ever astrox model, the 88dpro has a lot more technologies and stuffs

4. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    S pro user here. Had a 100zz but didn't try it out before I got asked to sell it. I've had a hold of a 99 Pro and the balance feels good, it's probably the only racket that would tempt me away from the 88s pro.
    I've got a ax77 which I don't use much, it has less headweight so I'd expect less power from it, and doesn't have the fully recessed frame which I think helps make the S pro very fast indeed.

For singles I'd probably go D Pro or 99pro. The 68 hole pattern on the S pro seems very forgiving. The 99pro has the same pattern but more headweight.

Let us know what you decide!

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

the best racket is the one you use like forever & feel like its part of your own flesh & not just a tool. The one you feel familiar the most.
    Unless you are like me a hobby club player that like to own different racket collection, then anything would be fine. But if you are Tournament kind of player, stick to your best buddy & had the same spare racket on your bag.

Nihal likes this.
  6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Get another one!

7. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    Get another two!
    (on special offer)

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Look at your technique first. Record your training, discuss with coach, examine the reasons, change yourself, reassess and improve.

You can change yourself; a racquet cannot change you.

Nihal, badmintonpog1 and speCulatius like this.
  9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

even better!!

Nihal and badmintonpog1 like this.
  10. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

Decided to go with 88dpro :)

11. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

I feel like the ax77 is not suited for me, power is fine but the quick reflexes are quite slow, I was told to buy the 88d pro as it has awesome power and also it pretty quick and if I'm not wrong, quicker than the 100zz, 99pro and 77

12. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

Just to clarify again

I am a singles player who has a strong smash and rely on my pushes to deep court and smash to win points. I think I told you recently that I got an Astrox 77 4u version, but the main problem with it is that its too slow when it comes to quick reflexive drives and that is my usual weakness.
    Now I want to get a racket that will help meretain my good attack, good sweetspot and forgiveness, and also is not an absolute sledgehammer like the 99 or Z force 2.

My main verdicts are (in order): Astrox 88d pro, Astrox100 zz, Astrox 88spro
    All 4ug5
    1) Astrox 88d pro: As it has a larger sweetspot and is not extra stiff like the OG 88d and has lumsome amount of power and is also very quick compared to the OG88 or OG99. People also say it is faster than the 100zz.
    2)Astrox 100zz: It has a really nice lovely design and ik its not relevant to buy a racket on this basis. Good power and control ig?
    3) 88spro: Less head heavier than the dpro but I think will lack power than the dpro.

Please suggest which of the above you think will suit me the best.
    Thanks

13. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    Can you post back here once you have your new racket and let us know how it goes

14. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

15. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

Hi all,
    Recently I have been asking a lot of people which racket to buy, so if you have tried either of the rackets or own any, please comment down below and help me choose the best racket for myself.

Just some background info on me. I am an intermediate singles player who has an attacking game, pretty good power but lacks in quick and fast exchanges. I currently own a Ax77 4u4 model (yellow) and its fine for me I like it, feels quite hollow and not that fast in quick exchanges, also not plenty amount of power available compared to other top-end rackets. Just an overall good racket like the Arcsaber 11

I know that rackets do not change anything, its all about your footwork, technique and timing.

Now as I am playing tournaments, I need a second racket as my spare racket, I know its best for me tog et the Ax77 as my second spare but I want to know the difference between the Ax77 and the Astrox 88dpro and the Astrox 100zz.

So anyone who has played with all three rackets or own them, please compare briefly in the following categories(power, speed, maneuverability, control) also mention and strengths or weaknesses of the particular racket.

Thanks a lot, hope I can choose wisely :)

16. Budi

Budi Regular Member

So here the thing....

Best bet would be AX77 as you are doing fine with it.
    But if you want to switch over to others then best is to buy 2 racket. Let say you go for 88DP, then buy 2 88DP 1 for games & 1 for spare.
    Having 77 as main & 88DP as spare is bad idea. Between transition there always adaptation phase.

Nihal likes this.
  17. lurker

lurker Regular Member

how do u play with just 1 racket?
    downtime if string breaks?

Nihal likes this.
  18. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

Thats exactly what I want but my problem is that I feel the 77 is bit slow when it comes to quick fast exchanges and I think the zz and dpro will perform better due to better technologies and fully recessed frame.

Also I don't think so my dad's gonna allow me to buy 2 more zz/dpro, like that's a lot of money.

19. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

yeah, string broke a month back and had to use my frnds arcsaber11, did not like it that much tho

20. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

During "fast exchanges" (especially in singles), the racket is not moving all that fast, so aerodynamics play a very minor role here. It's more about the overall weigh and head/swing weight of the racket. More flex might also feel slower, but the AX77 is not a wet noodle.

And sorry to say that, but if any 4U racket feels too slow for that in singles, it's most likely not the racket's fault. It's the player. Either the player is not ready, has bad technique, is not focused or just plays at against an opponent at a higher level.

Nihal and Budi like this.