Was my 88s pro strung rite ?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by om patel, Dec 4, 2021.

1. om patel

om patel Regular Member

i think my astrox 88s pro was strung wrong ! Please help!!

Attached Files:

2. om patel

om patel Regular Member

Another photo other size

Attached Files:

3. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    What's up? It's 1 piece rather than yonex standard 2 piece but I don't see any issue.

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

om patel likes this.
  4. om patel

om patel Regular Member

I saw this photo of the string pattern of the 88s PRO i thin from yonex itself and thats not the way mine looks like so worried it was strung wrong.

Could you explain 1 pierce rather then two please ?

Attached Files:

5. MarketWizard

MarketWizard Regular Member

Definitely not strung properly. Also look at the nots. They're in the wrong place and there's only 2 on yours. Who strung it?

om patel likes this.
  6. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Looks like a lot of space from missing top cross, but I strung mine the same due to lack of space around for the 12 o clock support.

I do not believe that knot placement matters within reason. Happy to be educated if I'm wrong.

I would definitely be interested to hear if Yonex would refuse warranty for 1 piece stringing.

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

om patel likes this.
  7. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Yes, they will. Yonex refuses warranty for a broken wood handle if there's a tiny paint chip somewhere.

om patel and mokomima like this.
  8. om patel

om patel Regular Member

I live in india in a city that doesn't have many stringers , I actually asked a few national players and they said this guy was the best. I went to his shop and he does it old school with an outdated machine I figured he won't do it rite but I said to myself I 'll give him a try because a few people rec him .
    My next question is
    1) will this be fine strung this way ? Or will this hurt my racket or change my game ?
    2) can this be UNstrung and I can use the same string and go to another shop to get it strung ?

Thanks in advance

9. om patel

om patel Regular Member

Bump! Please help! If it's is.done wrongly and will danger or do wrong in the racket or my game.ill get.it restrung by someone else . I payed for a extremely expensive racket and want the strings to be proper.

Thank you!!

10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

have you actually read the previous answers and why would you hijack the other thread too? Calm down, mate.

It will not immediately destroy your racket, but you will clearly have issues in case of a warranty issue. Best would be to cut the strings (no, you cannot "unstring" and re-use the strings...) and get it re-done by somebody else. To be on the safe side, maybe bring the stringing instructions with you (see https://www.yonex.com/media/wysiwyg/YNEX0007_AX88SP.jpg).

11. om patel

om patel Regular Member

Sorry! I tried to delete it but wasn't able to. I didn't mean to hijack it in a bad way. Thank you for the reply
    Just gets Stress when you bought a really nice racket and can't find a stringer who.knows. how to string in your city.
    I gave him a video nd photo and he still did it wrong. He was.old.so I didn't yell at.him might start crying or something worst.

12. om patel

om patel Regular Member

Got it Restrung ! But i think he added a extra horizontal line , i gave him a video and the yonex instructions . Is this better then before ?

Attached Files:

13. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Nice of you to hand him the instructions. Even more frustrating to see that he obviously didn't even look at them. Let's see...

1) Number of horizontal strings towards the top is correct now
    2) he added an extra string at the bottom. Doesn't have any negative impact, but as others said, you will run into trouble in case you'll have a warranty issue with Yonex.
    3) it's still a 2-knot pattern instead of the officially recommended 4-knot one. Again, this will not immediately harm the racket but Yonex will refuse a warranty claim if it was strung that way.

Apart from that, I just hate pretty much everything about this job. Curvy strings all over the place and super ugly knots there. And that ultra-ugly-super-bulky one at the bottom suggests that he started the vertical strings from the side. And that clearly endagers the racket.

Seriously, look for a different stringer for next time!

thyrif likes this.
  14. om patel

om patel Regular Member

This was the 2nd different stringer in town i used LOL.

The company i bought the racket from is the official company of yonex in india and strung it rite but they dont so restrings.

This is what i get for buying a premium racket , and live in a of a town.

15. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Try sportsuncle when you buy next time, choose the stringing service when you place your order.

16. om patel

om patel Regular Member

That is where i bought it from they strung it correctly, they dont do restrings

17. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

thyrif, s_mair and DuckFeet like this.
  18. MarketWizard

MarketWizard Regular Member

There should most definitely be shops you can find where you can send your racket to for a restring. It's a pain in the ass, I know, but that seems like the only option for you. Or buy a stringer and make money off of it by being the ONLY stringer in town who can string rackets properly. There's no reason why you don't get all the business.