Yonex Arcsaber 11

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clawhammers, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Alex82

Alex82 Regular Member

Linux-Sysadmin
    I think they will be very different from the normal Arc11. They probably just want to use the successful name...

2. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

Have anyone tried these grommets? Do they help with the high tension?
    [​IMG]

3. jctai

jctai Regular Member

It helps only by a small margin, maybe 1 or 2 pound more. But frame sinking is a eventuality.

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I equipped 2 brand new jetspeed 10s with these grommets since the first job and still sinked at 28lbs. My conclusion: Get a sturdy and good frame instead of this grommet hustle.

5. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

Which is the most similar racket to Arc11 which can handle +28lb?

6. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

An Arcsaber 11 can handle 28lbs and more... just not for long.
    I've heard people compare the Adidas Kalkül A5 to the AS11. I've only played with the A3, but judging from that, I can see where they come from, but you will not get the shuttle holding feel you get from the AS11.
    Others have switched to the AX88S (it was before all the other versions came out) as being the closest they could find (limited to Yonex as sponsored players).
    I've read rumors around here about a Arcsaber 11 Pro, but have no idea, just like anybody who is being honest.

7. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

What do you mean by not for long? Will the string break/lose tension or the racket breaks? Don't the pros string A11 at +30lb?

8. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

What about the original JS10 blue?

9. speCulatius

Pros also go through a double digit number of rackets per year. I don't think you'll want to afford that, because you'll probably have to pay for it.

I have never seen an AS11 that was older than a few months, strung at more than 26lbs and didn't show at least signs of sinking. I think the newer version (no yellow) is a bit better, but I (personally) wouldn't risk it. But I never liked the AS11 that much anyway, so I might be biased.

The JS10 (at least the original one) is also known to be prone to sinking. I'm not sure if there ever was a version that fixed that (there was for the JS12).

Woesi and ucantseeme like this.
  10. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    All my mint ones sunk, the watermelon was rock solid, but too stiff to play it effective for me, so I moved on to a different racket from a different brand. I had too many headaches due this grommet game and always inspecting if it gone worse. Honestly speaking I'm not so sensible to rackets. Some people at badmintoncentral seem to can only play with one specific model and slip into a depression when they run out. A non-sinking racket is a big part for me to feel comfortable on court.

#690 ucantseeme, Dec 10, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
    speCulatius and Woesi like this.
  11. malang smurf

malang smurf New Member

There was already sinking from previous stringjob (2nd stringjob ever) on my Arc11 (66br at 26lbs) before I put these grommets on. Now with these "protection" on, I havent check yet, currently on bg65ti at 28lbs. I will update on next restring.

12. speCulatius

Have you measured the head weight with and without these grommets? Or did you weight the grommets? Adding even ½ g around the head already makes a difference... if it's 1g more, it's a different racket.

More importantly, I think that groomers can help mitigate the problem, but they cannot solve it. On top of that, I don't see any grommet strips at the top transition from red to white. A spot where you shouldn't miss out on protection from sinking of you're going that route. Unless you would also cut a condom in half length wise and expect it to work like it's supposed to.

13. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    After 3 years grommet hassle, I can say that you also need to replace them every few jobs (depends how high and how thin you go) and don't have any chance to turn a 90 degrees and find a new and unused contact point to prolong the usage. Depending on location you need to order and stock them.

For me it opens my eyes as a friend said "You really order expensive grommets from Asia to use a faulty racket? You support the brand to not fix it by accepting it and making their problem yours? Crazy." It was mind blowing and he was right.

malang smurf and speCulatius like this.
  14. malang smurf

malang smurf New Member

I havent measured the head weight with and without but yes to those who want to put these grommets on their racket, keep it in mind the BP of your racket will change. So if you are very precise about your racket BP this might not be for you.

Its already been 3 months and Im curious to see whether or not the already sunken hole (a5) will worsen after 28lbs of tension (bg65ti).

yep, a common misconception about these grommets (in my local place at least) is that you dont need to replace them anymore and you'll no longer get sinking problems when in fact, you still need to replace them after a few string jobs and sinking will still occur eventually.

I ordered mine from Malaysia for 6usd for a set incl shipping.

15. Matt313

Matt313 New Member

Just saw this on fb
    New Arcsaber 11 Pro coming soon

Attached Files:

16. mizutani_jun

mizutani_jun New Member

any info about max tension limit?

17. Matt313

Matt313 New Member

Rumours saying new tension max up to 27~28 pound

Attached Files:

18. Matt313

Matt313 New Member

D55FCA30-C49E-4F56-9A18-1D3C14E09D2D.jpeg D03EEA2B-46A9-4038-9FF8-293492A5CA50.jpeg 33307650-A640-4053-AED1-8AFE72272D59.jpeg Grommets still same 76holes

xzavire likes this.
  19. Kokai

Kokai Regular Member

Can anyone tell me what the chinese text say? It kind of looks like it's only coming in 4U..?

20. Shamwow

Shamwow Regular Member

I never tried the Arcsaber series and never intended too until I saw that design. Wow

James blake likes this.