TotalEnergies BWF WORLD Championships 2021 : R/64-Final (12-19 December)

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Dec 11, 2021.

1. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Like I said earlier. Tty screwed it up herself hitting so many out shots. Try count them. Same for SK which is kind of predicted with his insecurity. These 2 cant take the final intensity.

I will be writing on how to beat lky soon... you ready?? The fun begins. ;)

Yes. Tty is the lady version of lcw.
    Only OG and WC counts as majors. Not AG or EG. Discriminatory AG and EG.;)

#1161 extremenanopowe, Dec 19, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
    Anks likes this.
  2. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Ok ok, "British what", Malaysia or Singapore. (less complaints)

You are lucky. I'm sure.

I was born in a countryside (1988). We don't have clean water, just take water from river and use alum to "clear" it. Many death animals was throwed by people into the river.

When the night come, no lights. Everything turn to the dark.

#1162 terrynguyen121988, Dec 19, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
    Simeon likes this.
  3. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Finally I found someone who kinda understands the game well and that last statement is the best and the most defining part where I wont ever forget the discrimination against INA at AE.

Just one part where I disagree a little is that TTY is actually far from even being a female LCW given that LCW actually has 3 OLY Silvers and 5 WC Medals I mean as a big GOATS/LEGENDS fanboy myself I have huge respect for LCW given how consistent he was at these biggest events.Sad he couldnt win a single Gold of these biggies but mad respect for him.

For TTY I feel she just doesnt have that "NERVE" to control herself at these biggest events and also now her game is very well read and these new and younger girls will never let TTY win that ELUSIVE TITTLE (WC/OLY)

As I had said earlier TTY is now the victim of her own deception.

WhiteStringJunkie likes this.
  4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Psstt.. tell u a secret. Gonna be a lot of Malaysian badminton players migrating to Sg soon. Wakaka ;)

Anks likes this.
  5. WhiteStringJunkie

WhiteStringJunkie Regular Member

I stand corrected.

LCW has had an illustrious career despite his shortcomings in the major tournaments, whether be it from a turn of unfortunate events or got beat by the GOAT & the Dragon.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Anks likes this.
  6. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

Yep, we know what counts as a major based on the GOATs tattoos :D

7. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

Depends. In India, the general public gives a lot of importance to All England also.
    The players also to some level.

8. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

this statement doesn't make any sense

Anks likes this.
  9. Simeon

Simeon Regular Member

Carpenter,Joiner
    Many people compare Loh to LCW, but I remember how superior Lin Dan was on Olympic 2008. Lin Dan's walking foot work differs though

volcom and kwun like this.
  10. mal1988

mal1988 Regular Member

Congrats to Loh Kean Yew for winning - other than WD (because I like Jia Yifan), the outcome of all disciplines I'm the most pleased to see.

Gigabit likes this.
  11. kurako

kurako Regular Member

I fully agree with the gist of your post, i.e., that Yamaguchi undoubtedly feels wins and losses as much anyone else, but what is your source for the above statement? Did Park really ascribe the 2019 Sudirman loss to Yamaguchi? No doubt, her loss will have added pressure on Momota, but blaming Yamaguchi for the defeat of the entire team...?

12. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

Well there goes the discussion again.

Of course if we go by bwf rule, only grade 1 tournament, which are Olympic, world championship, sudirman and Thomas cup winner are world champion. SSF, AG, AE and other SS 1000 are not.

That being said, if we look at the actual substance, badminton is a fumny competition where top 15(or is it 10) are required to participate in all SS 750 and above. So in actual fact, it is not much easier to win them.

The thing probably come down to of course, pressure and stake in higher at these grade 1 tournaments, and of course the timing matters as well. You lose a chance, you got to wait much longer.

Lcw is just a sad case. He just can't perform due the pressure and luck. His long career is packed with strong opponents, taufik, petrr gade, lin dan, chen long, momota, VA, you name it. On the other hand, one can easily claim that LKY winning this WC is an much easier one. The WC is heavily affected by covid 19, top rank momota is not taking part… the players pool is simply weaker than previously… or whatever.

That being said, a WC is a WC. Lky won it. He is a world champion. He will have that title, and while he may have a bit of luck, it is undeniable that it is a big title and it proves that he is a very good player. He may not be the absolute best player currently but certainly he is going down in history as an excellent player.

13. yuon

yuon Regular Member

I agree with your assessment of the way Yamaguchi expresses herself, she cares about winning and losing as much as any other players, and she has some of the strongest team spirits out there, but I think I need to come to PJB's defense here. She posted the apology more because she felt that it was her fault than because PJB was blaming her. I don't think PJB is the type to blame the players for bad results. He once said in an interview that there's no point in blaming the players because he knows that they always try their best on court. She was in tears on the podium at that Sudirman Cup, also in tears during the after match interview when she and Koga closely lost the deciding XD match against China during the World Junior Team Championship final in 2012, and you can see Yonemoto comforting her at the side of the court after she lost her 1st WS matches during the last Asian Games. She's just very much a team player with a very strong sense of responsibility. By the way, in later interviews, she explained that the reason she cried after the QF defeat in Rio was because she felt that she had disappointed the people from her hometown who had come all the way to Rio to support her, rather than because she got eliminated from the Olympics.

arjevo and Anks like this.
  14. Yeung Chao

Yeung Chao Regular Member

LCW is more than a sad case, he is a flop in general.

The excuse of "having many good players during his time" does not apply at all. It IS TRUE during pre-Beijing 2008 Olympics. Once that was past, Lee Chong Wei is technically an accomplished player with VERY few opponents able to beat him. Closer to 2011, he was literally unbeatable because his game was truly COMPLETE (no arguments/debates)

He failed himself generally by always losing at the wrong moment. Let's not just focus on Lin Dan and Olympics. Even in all World Championship events, he has been a true FLOP.

2007 - Lost to Sony, he cited pressure and scapegoated Yap Kim Hock for pressuring him. I mean bruv....you could manage to win multiple Malaysia Opens but not only world title event? Jeezzz

2009 - LOST TO SONY AGAIN!!!

2010 - LOST TO TAUFIK...he has been beating Taufik left right and centre in other events while to lose this once.

2011 - Lost to Lin Dan in a titanic battle by a point in London, unforgettable match. This match clearly proves Lee Chong Wei does not have the mental strength to win anything big

2013 - Lost to Lin Dan again, this time it's the fault of the air con ?

2014 - Lost to Chen Long ...serious ?

2015 - Lost to Chen Long again!!!! WTF two years in a row!!!

There you go, putting all these WC results together show LCW is a Big Flop no matter how the format changes. Even if WC is held semi-annually, I bet he still wont be able to win it.

Everyone is affected by Covid 19 and whoever wins, wins and Loh Kean Yew did well to stand out and handle the big event well. Let's not brush aside Srikanth. His drops and smashes ARE DEADLY! Had he not made stupid mistakes, it could have been a three game thriller.

As this stands, Loh Kean Yew is technically not as a good as LCW but at least LKY has achieved something Lee Chong Wei will never achieved and allegedly Lee ZiiJia wont be capable of doing so too. Something is very wrong with the Malaysian badminton players' mentality, attitude and character in general.

skhai91 and extremenanopowe like this.
  15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Whose 2014 Silver medal in WC got stripped?

16. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

He needs to prove it by winning titles now. I think he will have more support and infras by SBA with this title. If he cant win title, then its possible he can become forgotten Champion. From what i see, he should be able to win titles or play in Final consistently. He deserves this title but people will just say oh its just that one time and maybe he just got lucky. Even though there is no luck in drawing VA in your 1st Round.

17. Yeung Chao

Yeung Chao Regular Member

Nevertheles
    He does not need to prove anything. His real enemy is himself.

His main actual job is to keep improving and focus on the bigger goals. As Singaporean athlete, he has many new records/histories to make.
    He should focus on All England, Commonwealth Games, Asian Games and last but not least Olympic Games.
    The above is all that matters as BIG GOALS whilst other tournaments are whatever trivial.

Singaporean management is all about long term goals and I am sure they know how to differentiate what is IMPORTANT and TRIVIAL.
    Unlike Malaysia where they do not know how to plan and see the bigger goals to achieve.

18. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

In tennis there are 4 majors every year. Its best not to put just 1 title every year as Major. I would say AE , WC and WTF is just as prestigious for different reasons. So there are at least 3 majors every year. I dont know if Steen and Gill talk much in terms of the word Major anyway because usually when players won SS/WTF/AE big titles, i also hear them saying its Major. cant say winning WTF is not major.

trizzforce likes this.
  19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I believe he can win those 4 major titles. Thats what we think of after he won this WC. (definitely could have won WTF as well). Hope pressure doesnt get to him and this is just the beginning instead of the end.

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired