Abroz Fan Club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by webbingmania, Jan 6, 2021.

1. webbingmania

webbingmania Regular Member

I found that Abroz racket is affordable, good in quality and performance.
    Any Abroz fans, supporters, or owners let's give some comment/opinion and share your experience in this thread.
    ;)

2. ckhh

ckhh New Member

have a couple of them..fresh brand..not bad..feels good and light..
    i like the abroz z-smash, don't know why, i used to be unable to smash, but i can now hahha
    i'm a big fan now
    bought from sports store near my house badmintonbay

3. ckhh

ckhh New Member

has anyone tried that abroz nano 9900 power, shark tiger and shark hammerhead?

4. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

The Hammerhead has had me interested for quiet awhile, but I just bought a new racquet. :( At least it's cheap. If I've got some pocket change at the end of the month, I might just pick it up. I love racquets with those cool looking twisty frames. :D I just wish 3U was available. I'd even consider 4U.

5. papersword

papersword Regular Member

I bought 2 Abroz Shark Tiger when it was first launched by badmintonbay. It gave the hallow feeling when hit the shuttlecock and it doesnt have the responsive feel when you swing for the shuttlecock. Perhaps, it was too light for the weigh.

I owned and used several other badminton rackets such as Gosen Inferno, Gosen Inferno Plus and Ashaway Tornado T5 (aka Phantom Helix) which has a twistered frame. I would rate Abroz Shark Tiger the bottom of them all in term of racket feel and responsiveness.

6. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

How would you rank the other racquets you've listed? I've always been interested in those twisty frames, especially the Inferno when it first came out. Are they good racquets overall? How do they feel?

7. papersword

papersword Regular Member

I play badminton leisurely since 2014, for about 1-2 times per week. I do not have any coaching or training before.

Ashaway Tornado T5 is a 3U5G even balance racket. I felt it was solid and medium-stiff racket. However, I could not adapt to the semi-oval frame shape and not able to handle the 3U weight (I use mainly 4U or rarely 5U).

Gosen Inferno is 4U5G alittle bit to head heavy racket. It was not solid as T5, slight noticeable hollow feel during game. It is a medium flex racket to me. Very fast swing which is good for defense, but lack the power for hard smash (I dont have the techique thou). Racket paint easily clip when you string it or pick up shuttlecock from the floor. Broke the frame with a small knock on the floor while saving shot.

Gosen Inferno Plus is 4U6G alittle bit to head heavy racket like Inferno, slight noticeable hollow feel during game. It a medium-stiff racket to me. Swing for defence is same as Inferno, abit more powerful than Inferno, paint job is alot durable which doesnt peel off after some stringing job and picking up shuttlecock.

I think they are overall good rackets, for the feeling of use Inferno>Ashaway T5>Inferno Plus>Abroz Tiger. Do note that it very hard to sell them off if you found them not suitable for your play. Perhaps, it was due to their unusal frame shape + brand. This is my listing of rackets which I used and sold off https://www.carousell.sg/u/papersword/

8. Barkov Maxim

Barkov Maxim Regular Member

I got one week ago.
    So far quite contradicting impression.
    1) In my first session with feather it was very unprecise.
    2) On the second session with plastic it was fine. OK smooth feeling. Control so-so, requires adaptation, but looks adoptable.
    Very good smash. My partner noticed it.

To be continued.

Rimano likes this.
  9. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

I was thinking about suggesting this to my friend, because he's a serial racket breaker and only wants cheap rackets these days. Have you played with the Kawasaki honor S6 (I know you have a s9)? Comparisons with that if possible?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

10. Barkov Maxim

Barkov Maxim Regular Member

I have S6 in my hand in the shop and considered to purcise one. For me S9 was better compare to S6, so I preferred the fist one.
    For plastic shatles nano 9900 power quite a good racket. It requires some time to calibrate drop shots, but clears and smashes are very good. It is more comfortable and predictable compare to S9... So, for plastic I can recommend it.
    For feather I need more time to say something.

11. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

You mind measuring the weight of your racket and what it's got on there. The listing says 82g 5U, but that's normally 4U. Looking at brr review video, it looks like their measurement of 83.9 includes string and plastic on the handle, which might still make it 80+, i.e. 4U.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk