REVIEW: Yonex Arcsaber 11 Pro + Comparisons with other popular Yonex racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by John Xina, Mar 4, 2022.

1. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

Alright folks, the Yonex Arcsaber 11 Pro is finally here and it's a good one. REALLY good. I'll be reviewing the 3U version strung at 25lbs with Yonex BG80, and then I'll also compare it with some of the more popular Yonex models available right now. I'd also like to preface that these are just my own opinions, and if you disagree with them for whatever reason, go ahead and do a better job than I can doing this. Lol.

The pre-court ritual: Lets molest this thing.

The paint and finish is done very well. Like a lot of matte Yonex racquets, it's nice to run the fingers along. The colors are very Ferrari F1 but not overly flashy and busy looking compared to some other popular models. The shiny metallic red they use for the Yonex logo on the T-joint is a nice touch.
    The racquet itself isn't as solid feeling as I'd like, though. If you've read my Nanoflare 800 review, you'd know how much I love the solid and dense feeling of it in my hand. I'd chop this up to the Arcsaber's materials not being as densely packed as something as slim as the Nanoflare. It's solid enough, though. It just has a little touch of airiness to it (for lack of a better description).
    The shaft feels pretty stiff. Almost as stiff as the NF800 and a bit stiffer than the original Arc11. I'd say it's not something those who are experienced with stiff racquets would have much trouble with.
    Regarding the frame, it's easy to tell this is a super stable racquet. No noticeable movement at all when giving it a few hard twists.
    A real treat about this racquet and something I recommend everyone do at least once is swing this thing through the air a couple of times. It's smoooooth. It's not sharp like a Nanoflare 800, but it's very smooth and comfortable to swing around. Try swooping it in different directions and it all feels effortless. It could easily just be a glorified fidget toy to fiddle with when you're watching TV at home.

Okay, we're at the juicy bits now: Onto the court

Control: Ohmygodilovethis. Nothing but praise. Everything goes where I want it to go. I can even change my mind in the middle of the shot if I wanted to. The hold on this racquet is insane even with super hard BG80 strings. Shuttle contact feels good, and that hold time really lets me tweak the trajectory of the shuttle. There were moments where I'd go for a straight drop and during the hold time I'd change my mind and tweak it to be a cross drop. That's insane for me. I've never had a racquet be able to do this before. I've never given out 10/10 ratings but this time I'll give it to the Arcsaber 11 Pro.
    10/10.

Handling: This handles great. Is it super fast, though? Not really. When shopping for racquets I almost always prioritize speed, and this one definitely ain't it. It's certainly not slow, though. I'd say fast enough for those intense drive rallies. What makes the racquet handle great is how maneuverable and comfortable it is to play. With head heavy racquets I always have to fight with the head weight and clunkiness, and with head light ones I sometimes have to fight with how overly fast they are. With this sucker, I never feel like I'm fighting with it. The even balance and frame shape makes it very comfortable and smooth to play with, especially when making mid-swing directional changes. I do wish it was a bit faster, but I'm sure whatever changes Yonex would make to make that happen would reduce the smoothness that I really appreciate.
    8.5/10

Power: Yeeaah don't buy this if you want a power racquet. It certainly has power, but with a racquet with so much hold of course there's a lack of repulsion. The stiff shaft may make up for it a bit, but you won't be a powerhouse smasher with it. Clears are good, though, and drives feel good enough to put on some pressure. I'd say there's enough power to be scary but not enough to be terrifying (if that makes any sense).
    7.5/10

Conclusion: I really love this thing. It's fun and very comfortable and easy to play with. The standard head size makes is very forgiving for someone like me who mostly plays with compact head racquets, and the racquet as a whole is the most controllable I've ever played with. And yeah, it's really easy to play. With my Nanoflare 800 I had to take a few sessions to master it before I was able to make a review. With the Arcsaber 11 Pro, I felt instantly connected to it. Power may be a bit lacking compared to my other racquets, but there's enough there to satisfy me, and I think all of the points of praise I've given makes up for it. Will I main this racquet from now on? Maybe. I want to have a couple of more sessions with it and my Nanoflare 800 before I fully decide, but right now it's looking like it might just happen. :)

Now the part where people yell at me: The comparisons

So I've been able to compare the Arcsaber 11 Pro with a handful of popular Yonex models that are floating around my club. Thank you to my club members who let me borrow these and play with them for a few games. I won't be giving any sort of in-depth detailed review of each of them, but hopefully I provide enough detail for y'all to get a sense of how I feel. These racquets are the original Arcsaber 11 (3U), Astrox 100ZZ (4U), Astrox 100ZX (4U), Astrox 77 (3U), and Nanoflare 800 (3U).

Vs. Arcsaber 11 (3U, 25lbs BG80):
    First thing I noticed about the OG 11 is that it feels more solid in the hand compared to the Pro. Control is good and has some hold time but the Pro beats it in that category. Handling is also good, but it lacks some of the smoothness I enjoy about the Pro, as well as lacking some of the speed. It definitely has a bit more repulsion and pop to its power shots, but the slightly less stiff shaft makes the power feel about on par with the Pro. Honestly, it's pretty much how I expected it to be, and the Pro does feel like an upgraded version of this. Yonex could have easily just kept making these and repaint them as Arcsaber 11 Tours.

Vs. Astrox 100ZZ (4U, 25lbs BG80):
    Even though the 100ZZ is labeled as having an extra stiff shaft, it honestly feels like it has the same stiffness as the 11 Pro during playtime. Control isn't really that great compared to the 11 Pro, but it's still good. Of course it's not very forgiving due to its compact head, but hardcore 100ZZ fans SHOULD have already solved that problem. Handling when compared to the 11 Pro is weird to describe. I'd say it's just as fast as the 11 Pro, and it moves around the court kind of like an even balanced racquet, but I really need to use more finger strength to get the head moving during drives and lifts like usual with head heavy racquets. Power is a no brainer, the 100ZZ is a machine gun and out-smashes the 11 Pro in its sleep. It's not really my kind of jam, but I can see why people like it.

Vs. Astrox 100ZX (4U, 25lbs BG66UM)
    I hate this thing. It is literally one of the least enjoyable racquets I've played with in recent years. Control is decent, but not even close to the 11 Pro. It handles like poo and feels clunky to play with in general. The power is admittedly better but I don't enjoy the feedback at all. Smashes feel less like I'm using a racquet and more like I'm using a golf club. Oh and despite being 4U it really felt like it wasn't light at all. It felt more like a 3U. Listen, it's not a terrible racquet but I really did not have fun one bit with this thing.

Vs. Astrox 77 (3U, 24lbs BG65)
    It feels a lot like the 11 Pro in the hand, honestly. Maybe a little more solid. Control isn't as good, but still good enough. Handling was nice. I'd say about on par with the 11 Pro but not as smooth. Power is about the same as the 11 Pro, with the difference being that it's easier to access with the Astrox 77 due to the head heaviness. It's got a medium stiff shaft, so it's easier to play with if you're not used to stiff shafts, however if you can handle stiff shafts the 11 Pro is much easier to make shots with (aside from smashes). I like it. I usually recommend these to people wanting something easy to play with or beginners who just want to waste money on something high end.

Vs. Nanoflare 800 (3U, 25lbs BG80) These two ended up being not as similar as I was expecting. Its control is really REALLY good, but you really need to commit to your shots because it's very repulsive and doesn't hold like the 11 Pro does. The shuttle goes where you want it... the first time. No changing your mind. Handling is slightly better than the 11 Pro thanks to its incredible speed and maneuverability, but it's different in that it plays more sharp than it does smooth. Nanoflare 800 cuts through the air like a sword. Arcsaber 11 Pro flows with the air like they're one. With power, the 11 Pro loses out. The 11 Pro certainly has more easily accessible power but when using both racquets to their fullest potential the NF800 beats it in smashes and drives. The NF800 is also a lot harder to play if you're not used to racquets like it. I still love it though.

The End. I hope you all enjoyed my review and comparisons. I had a fun time with this little project and I might consider doing it again should something really exciting that catches my interest comes out. Feel free to ask whatever questions you have and I'll answer whatever I can. And again, these were just my opinions. Don't be mean. Lol. Enjoy your weekend and keep enjoying badminton. ✌️

BONUS: JNICE Black Panther comparison posted down in the comments.

BONUS 2: Astrox 88D Pro comparison finally posted further into the comments. :D

#1 John Xina, Mar 4, 2022
    Last edited: May 5, 2022
    Gpower, Khamenman, Eskie and 15 others like this.
  2. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Where's the comparison to a non yonex racket that you keep on mentioning? ;)

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Newbienoob likes this.
  3. Yves-bzh-29

Yves-bzh-29 Regular Member

Hi, i play with Jnice Black Panther 3u. Can you compare (stiffness, control, the more forgiving…) ? Thanks.

Shamwow likes this.
  4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

abit off topics.
    Does shuttlehold always trade off with power?
    I own TK770 & P8.
    P8 are solid with less shuttlehold. Feel the shuttle will goes away immedietly.
    TK770 feel that the shuttle stay in the stringbed for while before leaving. & some my friend mention that my smash with TK770 are slower but feel heavy upon blocking while using P8 my smash feel faster but light on blocking.
    My theory would be as it stay on the string for moment, it feel slow but resulting harder smash so it feel heavier. But P8 leave right away so its like faster but actually less harder.

5. ritzdra

ritzdra New Member

I think rackets with more shuttle hold generally seem to be slower due to staying a bit longer on the stringbed. Imo the disadvantage is it gives more time for the opponent to prepare albeit very very minimal. Combine this with a slower shuttlecock than it might be a disadvantage for those who like to smash. Based on my experience with astrox 99 vs astrox 99 pro, the pro has way more shuttle hold and it hits harder indeed. But again my friends seem to be able to return my smash more often when i use the pro than with the og 99. Just my 2 cents. Anyway, looking forward to the arcsaber 11 pro. Nice review ts.

Gpower likes this.
  6. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

-Deleted-

#6 John Xina, Mar 5, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
  7. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

BONUS: I'm SUPER happy to see people wanting to hear how it compares to the JNICE Black Panther, so here it is. :D

Vs. JNICE Black Panther (3U, 25lbs Victor VBS68)
    The BP isn't nearly as stiff as the 11 Pro. Even though in my past review of the BP I said it felt borderline stiff, it really does feel medium stiff in comparison to the 11 Pro. The BP feels more solid in the hands and when hitting shots. Control isn't as good as the 11 Pro, but it's still very good and satisfying to pull off those precise shots. Handling isn't as good either due to its heavier head, but the speed makes up for it and the xtra thicc shaft definitely makes it a stable racquet. It's a little clunkier through the air but faster than the 11 Pro and just as stable. With power, the BP wins. The BP's speed and heavy head makes it a beast for smashes and effortless clears. The 11 Pro is a little more forgiving due to its slightly larger frame but it's not that obvious when switching between the two. Some might find the BP more forgiving and/or easier to play with since it has a medium stiff shaft. All in all, the BP is a great racquet and is likely a better fit for a majority of people (I know most people here prefer HH racquets), which is why I recommend it so often, but the reason why I'm likely choosing the 11 Pro over it is because the 11 Pro just feels easier and more comfortable for me and my playstyle.
    Thanks again for reading and enjoying my reviews, everyone. As much as I enjoy making them, they're hard work and I appreciate the attention that you give them. :)

#7 John Xina, Mar 5, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
    Gpower, om patel, Aayoosh and 3 others like this.
  8. Yves-bzh-29

Yves-bzh-29 Regular Member

Thanks a lot for the answer . I really appreciated. I also have the BP 4u for singles. Nice review of the Arcsaber pro 11.

9. visor

visor Regular Member

Apologies if I missed it, but I'm presuming this Arc 11 Pro is a 3U?

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

10. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

That's right. :)

11. Dkaz

Dkaz New Member

Hi nice review on the racket. Im using 100zz 4u for now, would you recommend going for the 4u or 3u version of arcsaber 11pro

12. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

Personally, I would go for the 3U since you'd get much better power with it than the 4U version. My friend who owns the 100ZZ I reviewed says he'd also prefer the 3U version. You would just have to get used to the heavier overall weight, but I can say it swings and maneuvers much lighter than the 100ZZ 4U.

Gpower likes this.
  13. neverdien

neverdien Regular Member

Thank you very much for the in-depth review.
    Can you give a quick comparison between arc11pro and nanoflare 700 (old-red)?

14. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

Unfortunately I haven't gotten the chance to play with the NF700, but when I do I'll make a comparison.

15. Antoni

Antoni New Member

Very nice in-depth review :)
    do you a have comparison between arc11pro and astrox 88s pro ?

both in 4u

16. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

Thank you! Unfortunately, I've never gotten the chance to play with an 88S, so I can't provide a comparison. If I ever get the chance to try one, I'll make a quick comparison. :)

17. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

Could you please get your hands on Ax88dp and compare it with the arc11 pro?
    Anyways, nice long detailed explanation

18. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

If I ever get a chance to borrow one, I'll be sure to do so. ✌️

Nihal likes this.
  19. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

Hi John, This may be a peculiar question. But what are the lengths like on the racquet?

I've never tried an arcsaber, but am curious to at least look at this as an option. My favourite racquets so far have been nanospeed9900 and nanoray 800. I did get a Nanoflare 800, but hate the change to the proportions.

The grippable part of the handle on nanoflare 800 is something like 1cm longer. It really messes me up when serving because the spot on the strings I want to hit is further down if you get what I am saying.

Is the handle, shaft and head of the Arcsaber11 pro how I would expect them to be?

20. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

The 11 Pro is 10mm longer but I'm not sure if it's shaft or handle length. I can confirm at a later time.
    Everything else should be about normal. The frame is standard sized, unlike the NF800.

Chris Haynes likes this.