SuperStringer T70 6 o'clock adjustment

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by akatsuki2104, May 11, 2022.

1. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

I currently have a Premium Stringer 3600 with some mods to add semi automatic clamp bases.
    I am considering the superstringer T70 which looks well built but due to the self centering mechanism, I was wondering how you can adjust the main support at 6 o'clock (first pull on the main).
    The other option i was considering was the StringMaster Deluxe but it is 350€ extra and I don't know if it is worth the price.
    Eventhough the PS3600 does the job, do you think it is worth the replacement?

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

In short: You can't.

It is. The clamps and even more so the bases are worth the extra money on their own. All around built quality of the StringMaster is that small touch better in pretty much all parts.
    My personal opinion: If you want to go for an upgrade, the go the whole way and get the StringMaster. That's like 35 jobs to pay off the difference.

If you really want to make an upgrade at all, that's 100% your decision to make.

akatsuki2104 likes this.
  3. akatsuki2104

That will make the decision easier :D
    Thanks mate !

I'll have to wait a bit for the StringMaster since it is out ouf stock right now :oops:

#3 akatsuki2104, May 11, 2022
    Last edited: May 11, 2022
  4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

And I'm afraid this won't change anytime soon. Last thing I heard was "maybe August".

#4 s_mair, May 11, 2022
    Last edited: May 22, 2022
    thyrif likes this.
  5. akatsuki2104

6. akatsuki2104

I found some a replacement for my modded PS3600 and did a full services on the machine. The towers are now rock solid thanks to the new pieces (no more play when I pull the string!) and the clamps are gliding on their rails (polish the rails worked wonders).
    I quite pleased with how it turned out and can live with it (for now :p)
    That will buy some time to save some money for the Deluxe and maybe the new motor !

speCulatius and s_mair like this.
  7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I had a chat with Tennisman yesterday and got a quick update regarding timings. The next batch of StringMasters is underway in a container and is supposed to be in stock by August. However, this will not include the new motor since it turned out that to fit the new motor on the StringMaster Deluxe, they need a pretty significant redesign of the baseplate to be done. Rough guess is that it will be another 12+ months until there will be a StringMaster Deluxe with the new motor available. Which was kind of a bummer for me too. :(

8. akatsuki2104

:( I don't mind waiting as long as the combination of the two is well done. But yeah, it's a bummer. I am really hyped to see how the motor performs

9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I had the chance to play around with a prototype motor for a bit and my first impression is fully positive. Very smooth pulling sequence, it's quiet, the pulling speed is on par with the WISE V14, UI with the LCD screen is also very nice. And that glide-to-activate gripper is the bomb! The combination of a StringMaster Deluxe with that motor will be a killer combination imo.
    There are still no plan to sell the motor separately and due to the pretty large footprint, it will need the LE (long baseplate) machines to have any chance to mount it.

And a word regarding the Superstringer T70/T80 machines. I've seen those also in person for the first time and to me, that self-centering main support adjustment pretty much kills them for a "mainly badminton" use. There is no possibility to fine adjust the positioning of the side supports on the racket since the distance between the actual 12/6 o'clock and the side support bits is fixed and both can only be moved simulaneously. So it's a matter of luck (meaning the head size and shape of the racket) where the side supports will actually touch the racket.

#9 s_mair, May 23, 2022
    Last edited: May 23, 2022
    akatsuki2104 likes this.
  10. akatsuki2104

Yeah, you've already convinced me not to go with the T70 from the first post haha

Thanks for the feedback. The last remaining thing will be the final price. I'm pretty much sold so it's time for big saving :D

s_mair likes this.
  11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I think the pricing is not yet fixed. From what was said I'd expect it to be very close to the price with the WISE currently.

akatsuki2104 likes this.
  12. akatsuki2104

That would be the perfect upgrade for the wise if it is priced that agressively :cool: