Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Tectonic 9 (3u) or Calibar 900C are the only rackets in the current lineup that I can think of which are in the same league as the N90-III in terms of power.

The Tectonic 9 (3u) should be somewhere between the ZF2 and N90-III regarding stiffness and headheavyness/headweight.
    (haven't used the N90-III for quite a while now so my memories might be somewhat off...)

The Calibar 900 is also up there but has a different frame type which doesn't provide as good of a feedback as the other 3 rackets and tends to feel rather hollow.

But then again, the Tectonic Frame will feel different too but not that much.

As always trying them out would be the best.

The AXForce 90 Max sounds like the best option for you so far. It shares some of the ZF2 characteristics but its head isn't as compact and the shaft is (probably) not as stiff.
    So it should be more forgiving in theory.

Can't comment on the power as nobody hasn't posted any detailed measurements (at least I haven't found any) which would give an indication on its headweight, actual weight, swing weight or real world balance.

Victor will be launching the Ryuga 2 in the near future, might be worth looking into as well.

yenyesoh, random123xxxx and Ludwik like this.
  2. km_01

km_01 New Member

Hello guys. Has anyone bought a racket from ShopNings (https://www.shopnings.com/li-ning-badminton/li-ning-badminton-rackets)? They sell authentic rackets, right? I'm just skeptical since they sell AxForce 90 Max without a hard box and accessories for US$249.99 but the Lining MY, Malaysia (https://www.lining.my/SalePage/Index/253803) sells it for around US$380~400 BUT WITH A HARD BOX AND ACCESSORIES. Does the difference in price ($150) just normal considering the one from ShopNings does not comes with a hard box and accessories? It's my first time buying a newly released racket so I'm not really familiar if the price really differs depending on if it has a hard box and accessories.

For those who have bought a racket from ShopNings before, were you able to check the anti-counterfeit code?

Moreover, what makes me slightly more skeptical is the fact that the ShopNings IG (https://www.instagram.com/shop_lining/) is not being followed by the official LiNing IG (https://www.instagram.com/lining.official/). The official LiNing IG, though, follows the instragram accounts of different LiNing distributors such as those in Malaysia (https://www.instagram.com/lining.sunlight.my/) and India (https://www.instagram.com/lining.india/).

3. Thebestbees

Thebestbees Regular Member

Hi, anyone tried out the new Li Ning Axforce 90 Max ( tiger / dragon ) ? And care to share the reviews ? Like the specs and feel etc ?

4. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I got AXF90 Tiger/Orange.

Detailed review will follow.

Initial thoughts (mostly comparison with 100zz).
    0. Looks awesome in person.
    1. Nimbler and thinner than 100zz.
    2. Feels faster than 100zz.
    3. In hand feeling is very good, 100zz has weird weight feeling near shaft due to solid shaft, 90Max feeling is slightly easier and a bit less solid than 100zz.
    4. I need time to get used the flex of this racket as I am coming from 100zz.
    5. Slightly longer shaft than that of 100zz (by 2-3 mm only)

Summary: this racket has awesome dry feel, feels fast and nicer in hand compared to 100zz, flexible than 100zz.

Will post pics in separate post.

Vivek Bagadhi, Raju, yenyesoh and 2 others like this.
  5. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    af901.jpg af902.jpg af903.jpg Pics

Raju, yenyesoh and Woesi like this.
  6. decoy

decoy Regular Member

So it looks like the head shape is smaller than normal from these photos? Closer to the Z frames?

7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

If I had to make a guess, the frame looks significantly stretched by the string job. Have you measured the total length of the racket?
    Although it's always hard to tell on these pictures since those cell phone lenses have huge distortions.

ucantseeme likes this.
  8. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    That is just camera distortion.

s_mair likes this.
  9. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    very slightly smaller.

decoy likes this.
  10. Michaelgtj

Michaelgtj Regular Member

How about ax90tiger head heavy ?
    Heavier or same than 100zz and 88d pro?

11. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Just saw the (probably) most recent LN badminton product catalogue when browsing for some Basketball/Wade stuff:
    2022 Spring/Summer: https://www.shopnings.com/pub/media/descriptions/li-ningbadmintoncatalog2022SS.pdf
    2021 Fall/Winter (for comparison): https://www.shopnings.com/pub/media/descriptions/li-ning-badminton-catalog-2021FW.pdf

Looking at the Main racket series, the 2022 Spring/Summer catalogue added in some of the rackets released earlier this year:

Axforce: 80 (3u - 5u), 90 Max not included, 9 not included (but seems to only come in a low end bundle)
    Tectonic: 6 (4u/5u), 3 (4u/5u) and 1 (3u/4u)
    Bladex: 800, 500 and 200 (all 3u/4u), 700 not included
    The new Tectonic models and the entire Bladex/Axforce series seem to indicate that Li Ning has now stopped the Boost/Drive/Combat/Instinct veriations. Liked the variations they had but these were too similar at times and the naming scheme was just not constant enough (f.e. why does a Combat model have a lower BP than the Boost or Drive at the same weight and vice versa...).
    Also the Upgrade paths are now clearer. Especially within the Bladex linup, all rackets are quite similar with the 800 being only stiffer in comparison and having the highest max tension.
    The Tectonic 1,3,6 and 9 also offer an obvios upgrade path with increasing BP, stiffness and tension.

As expected, some of the Turbo Charging rackets have been cut in the 2022 Spring/Summer catalogue compared to the 2021 Fall/Winter since they are being replaced by the Bladex series:

Turbo Charging 80, 70, 75, 50, 20D, 20C, 10C, 01, 01D.

Left are only the TC70i and 10B.
    Looks like the regular N7-II and N9-II have finally reached the end of their product life cycles. Would assume that the 3D Calibar series is next in line as the Aeronauts seems to be more popular. But both series have been quite consistent when it comes to pricing.

Other thoughts:
    1. Weight classes: Like with the 2021 Fall/Winter catalogue, lighter rackets seem to be the norm nowadays. Every new racket comes in a 4u version and many also as 5u. Compared to the launch of the 3D Calibar, Aeronaut and TC series where 3u was mostly the norm, now 4u has become the norm.

2. Pricing: Despite Covid going on, prices (at least the MSRP) hasn't changed much or gotten cheaper.
    The highend rackets are still priced at 1680 (~238€/251 USD) or 1780 RMB (~253€/266 USD).
    The second tier rackets or upper mid range now come in at 880 RMB (TC50 or Aeronaut 4000 price range). So cheaper than the second tier Calbar 600 and Aeronaut 6000 ranges (~900-1000 RMB).
    But the absolute entry rackets have gotten cheaper at 298 RMB for the Tectonic 1 and 380 RMB for the Bladex 200 (low end 3D Calibar and TC rackets were 418 RMB).
    Also, this is the first time that cheaper rackets from the main racket series are offered as 5u (cheapest before was Calibar 600i at 1090 RMB).

3. Reduced Max Tensions: Max tensions have been reduced on all new rackets.
    For the highend rackets, the AXF80 and 90 Max vary between 29-31lbs depending on the weight class, and the Bladx 800 between 30&31lbs. This is lower than on the older series where even the 5u models came with 32lbs.
    I don't mind not having those 32lbs max tension that they had before. But with Victor going with those 32lbs now it feels like going back a step. Still better than Yonex though with their 28lbs ratings.

Looking at the mid and budget range is where my main concerns are:
    The Tectonic 6 and Bladex 500 are rated for 27-29 lbs depending on the weight. That is less than the 30lbs at which even the low end TC and 3DC rackets were rated at (keep in mind that those were less than half the price).
    The cheaper Tectonic and Bladex are rated for 25-27lbs depending on the weight class. While I think 26lbs max tension is perfectly fine for a 4u racket at the price of 54€/57 USD, it feels like LN has lost the confidence in the sturdyness of the rackets' frames or simply produced a less durable racket... (but would explain the cut in prices if it was quality related)

#6631 Woesi, Jun 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    s_mair likes this.
  12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Finally, a proper new catalogue from LN. Thanks A LOT for sharing this!

Looks like the future racket lineup is finally coming together. Some really funny new tech nerdery buzzing too! :D
    Sad to see the N7II/N9II finally getting buried, but that was to be expected. Curious to see if they were able to actually pull of some sort of improvement with the Bladex's.

The trend towards lighter rackets cannot be ignored. Looks like LN had to adapt their frame structure designs to make that shift and (just a rough guess) that's why they had to lower their max tension ratings. I just hope that they are still able to maintain their ultra robust frames and paint job quality.

Woesi likes this.
  13. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    IIRC Their tension limit was in the past related to the cross string and Li-Ning recommended to string the mains 2 lbs lower. So their limit was 30x32 lbs. Maybe it is not an reduction, just a different meaning now? Can anybody verify this?

If it is an reduction, I can understand it, because the trend not only go to lighter rackets, also to thinner strings.

14. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

There is so much rackets, I'm lost :confused:
    Which one would play the likes of arcsaber 11, in 4U but medium stiffness?

15. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    If you ask me Li Ning marketing still sucks, the way Yonex marketed 100zz is way nicer, sending rackets for people to tryout and review. These AXF 90s are good and they deserve better marketing. It seems first batch of AXF 90 are already sold out in India.

16. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

Arcsaber 11 Play is 4U and medium stiff.

akatsuki2104 likes this.
  17. Raju

Raju Regular Member

Did you had chance to test out the beast ? curious to know the flex of ax90 tiger. I currently use N9II and TKF Enhanced.

18. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Not getting time to write a full review.

It is a great racket.
    Good smashes, fast on defense should we easy transition for N9 II user (never used one) from what I heard.

Raju likes this.
  19. ansh_xaviers

ansh_xaviers New Member

Just got my Li Ning Axforce 90 Max Tiger..it feels great. It is slightly lighter and more flexible than Axforce 80.

Raju likes this.
  20. Raju

Raju Regular Member

Thanks for the reply. Will wait for full review, try to compare it against Yonex and lining counter parts for better understanding of the racquet.