2022 TotalEnergies BWF WORLD Championships : R/64-FINAL (22-28 August)

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

what happened there? Surely cant be worst than 2016 heartbreak?

Yeah i think LZJ has the best chance to win Olympic. Malaysia prolly have WC in other sports not just Badminton but the one wins Olympic will shook the whole nation.

2. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    Man/Tee also have their injury issues

3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Malaysia Open Super1000 will kick off next season! There are so many tournaments but if you look at Formula 1 , it can always be more and more (as its all about the money)

20 Superseries next season. I prefer WC being back to BiAnnually. The results show many WorldChamps become WC again.

4. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I wasn't following badminton in 1997, but another comparison that might be made is LCW's 2011 World Championships heartbreak (lost to LD in the final after having 1 match point) and Goh/Tan's 2016 Rio Olympics heartbreak (lost to FHF/ZN after having 2 match points).

Although as time passes I would think LCW's loss was much more tragic considering LCW could not win a major despite being on top for so long, during the moment Goh/Tan's one was much, much worse, especially since they made service errors on both of their match points and it was the Olympics instead of a WC, which is definitely more significant to Malaysia.

5. ong huigen

ong huigen Regular Member

Congrats to your bet win on axelxen

6. ong huigen

I would say it's the big 4.
    Unless those big 4 let it easy, no way the others can beat them.

And at the moment asy and yamaguchi seems unstoppable.

7. ong huigen

To be honest. This shows how much Watanabe depends on higashino.

I did not watch the match entirely as I was attending a Dota tournament but many times, higashino actually bails Watanabe out. Normally female players does not do much even though I was a little more impress with chae yujung at least she contributed something when she was playing against Huang dong ping/Wang

So if higashino plays badly, it's almost a certain loss. No wonder she was crying.

8. ong huigen

Arrr need to wait for the rankings to unfreeze.

9. felipe

felipe Regular Member

finance
    I would put CYF and TTY above ASY as CYF and TTY are more stable players.
    ASY sometimes lost against He Bingjiao and Wang Zhiyi.

10. felipe

felipe Regular Member

finance
    Chae Yu-jung is the weaker one, Seo Seung-jae deserves a better female player, maybe Kong or other younger WD players would be better option.
    Higashino is just below Huang Yaqiong, so she looks weak in the final yesterday.

11. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

during 1996 Olympic, Cheah Soon Kit/Yap Kim Hock almost get to win the first gold medal, only get defeated by Indonesia pair Ricky Subagja/Rexy Mainaky...

12. om patel

om patel Regular Member

Anyone catch the BWF promotion video where viktor and India Crastro were pair to a game of

“how well you know japan”

The word was ONSEN and she broke the word down to two and said for the word SEN something like
    “ indian SENsational men single badminTon player “
    And Viktor said firstly Srikanth Kidambi before L Sen
    I busted out with a HAHAHA
    Was he trolling or serious about kidambi being more “sensational then LSen? Hmmm maybe some BEEF ?

#1292 om patel, Aug 29, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
  13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I hope Minions can come back to form next season. There is no time to feel down because of 1 bad year. Maybe i hope they can win 4 - 5 titles next year? That wont be too bad. Now they will be out of top 8, i think they will have less pressure and can start over again. If Kevin cares anyway…

and AhsanHendra to always stay healthy. QuarterFinal is expected of their tournaments. SF and F will already a bonus. Judging from their 4 final loss this year, it seems that playing 5 matches in a week is too much.

14. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Lee Zii Jia who can the best choice to stop Viktor now, lost to who ???

Zhao Jun Peng, a normal player! That must be a curse.

I don't know how Lee Zii Jia lose this match, he clearly has a chance to win but he smashed the shuttle to the net in "deciding case".

If Lee Zii Jia won that point, I believe he would have been the winner, but... yes... a CURSE!

15. ong huigen

Well, asy just trashed cyf in their most recent meeting. And also managed to beat hbj in their most recent meeting and make it pretty close in the meeting before that.so I think it will be close between them from now onwards.

And Wang zhi yi only beaten an se young lately but lost the other 3. And they were playing in very bad condition when Wang zhi yi beat an se young so I would not have even take that result seriously.

Of all of the 4, an se young is probably the most stable and consistent. Or maybe similar to cyf in terms of stability but I think talent wise, asy is obviously superior looking at the recent trashing in the final and that in the 2nd set as well

16. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

If the Minions want to split, then i think its better to do now. Both will have time to find new partners and gel. even if they could miss next year WC, they will have a chance to qualify for Paris24.

As for Daddies, i think they will just continue playing and see how it goes. An injury to either one and they will probably announce their retirement.

17. ong huigen

Arrr this normal player beat JC pretty convincingly. And his results recently iS pretty convincing

18. ong huigen

Chae yu Jung may look weak from the outside but I still think there is a reason why she is still playing with SEO seung jae. She does look weak but her shots are deceptively good. I think there is a reason why SEO decides to continue playing with her when he can easily partner any of the female doubles player out there. I am pretty sure every doubles player would want to partner with SEO.

As for higashino. She can single handlely win the match even when yuta is out of form. I dun think any other female players can do that to be honest.

19. ong huigen

Actually they were dominating before the Olympics winning almost every tournament before the Olympics.

But then probably their competition was not so great because of covid

20. ong huigen

To be honest, it should be a lot closer.
    And I think most ppl prefer the underdog.

Arisa/Watanabe still has a chance to win. As you can see in the 2nd set.