Victor or Li-Ning shoes recommendation

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by alternat0, Sep 9, 2022.

1. alternat0

alternat0 Regular Member

Currently, I'm using Yonex Cascade Drive. I tried most Yonex high-end shoes before buying it, I like the cushion most in this model.

I've heard a lot of good things from Victor and Li-Ning. Any recommendations on which shoes have great cushion in these two brands?

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Not sure about Lining as they had alot of lineup with cool name yet not categorized well.

Other hand Victor, had 3 category similar to Yonex.
    A : Allrounder (65Z series on Yonex)
    P : Support, the most cushioned (Comfort series on Yonex)
    S : Speed, the lightest (Aerus series on Yonex)

Use Victor A950 before & currently P9200CC.
    If you are a Big Bear like me, P9200 provide great cushion. A950 also good but need to replace the insole once flatened & additional heel gel insole. Good stability, never slip my feet on court, & durability are better than Yonex if i compare to my friend consider my weight, so i definitely torture my shoes more than my slim friend. If your are lighter, A series might be good for you.
    The reason i buy new shoes to P9200 are due to wear down on the thumb are sole on the left & the glue are giving up. The upper still in good shape. I seewing it & still wear it sometimes.

what07 and alternat0 like this.
  3. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Agree with @Budi that Victor has great shoes.

Recently tried the P9500 Cai Yun edition (but should be identical to the regular P9500). Weight is average, not especially light nor heavy but cushioning was great, even before breaking these in. These really bite and you shouldn't have problems with grip on court.
    The cut is a bit low for my taste though and I would prefer the following for better ankle protection/wrapping.

Also ordered the Yunting and Thunder (both are allrounders) shoes from Li Ning to try out. Both pairs slightly heavier than the P9500. Cushioning before breaking these in seems to be in the same league but slightly more "spongy" around the front foot area and therefore slightly less responsive.
    The Thunders are slightly tighter around the front area for average or slimmer feet, Yunting are better suited for average or slighty wider feet.

Compared to the 65 Z3 from Yonex (tried the Momota edition) I would choose the P9500 or Li Nings any day. Better insoles, better cushioning with similar or better wrapping around the ankle area. Thunder and Yunting have slightly worse grip and feel a tad heavier but worth the tradeoff imo.

Looking at LN's other shoe ranges the Sage and Saga Pro are designed for stability and cushioning while the Gyrfalcon (also called Eagle/Falcon) and Blast Pro are the lighter ones comparable to Yonex' Aerus line. The Chameleon and Invincible Ace sit inbetween, think of these as allrounders.

alternat0 likes this.
  4. alternat0

alternat0 Regular Member

thx @Budi & @Woesi

I've tried Victor S99 and VG1 didn't like it, not very well cushioned, maybe more towards speed/lightness (like Aerus). Will look for P9200 or P9500.

Really interested in some Li-Ning designs :)
    Been eyeing Yunting (AYAR033), also Saga (Jonathan Christie's shoes right?).
    Any chance you know more about AYAS012, I think it's also called JF-01 Pro? @Woesi

5. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

P9200, P9200 II and P9500 are amongst the highest rated badminton shoes and I am positive that any of these would make you happy if your foot shape fits it.

Iirc Jonathan Christie was using the white version of the Yunting in the Japan Open last week. Before he used the Chameleon 6 Lite and Thunder shoes for a while.

The Blast Pro or JF-01 Pro are rather new, the chinese user reviews indicate that this one is a lightweight shoes with not much cushioning or ankle support going on, so it probably won't be your cup of tea...

alternat0 likes this.
  6. alternat0

alternat0 Regular Member

I'm considering Li-Ning Chameleon VI LITE (AYTS012) or Yunting (AYAS028). Looking for black shoes.

Could find black color in Victor P series...

7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Lite are downgrade model which use lower grade material & obviously affect its performance.

For Victor that has black color
    P9200 CC
    A930
    Project Black (forgot the model)
    One Piece Sanji Edition

Woesi and alternat0 like this.
  8. alternat0

alternat0 Regular Member

wow, thanks for that @Budi... any recommended seller in Indonesia (Jakarta)? :)

Project Black looks interesting: Victor P9200 TD

9. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

The P9200 TD are also only lower midrange shoes which sacrifice on performance to get the price down. Cushioning will most likely be a big downgrade compared to the regular P9200/9500 range.

The Project Black is based on the A750. From what I heard it seems to be a decent shoe but not comparable to the level of cushioning that the P-series offers if that is important to you.

The Yunting also come in a black/gold/grey Chen Long signature version.

10. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Yes TD are the same as Lite.
    But its all depend on your need & budget.
    If you need great support due to old injury or heavy weight like myself then you would need the best cushion come from real P9200. If not A series are still good enough for cushion & stability. Or if you had tight budget, even Lite or TD are still way better than running shoes or even barefoot.

Use google maps friends:D. Jakarta are pretty big, find any store near your location. Also shoes fitting are very personal, its better to try it yourself on store than online.
    For example P9200CC had tight stuffy feel inside the shoes which you might not like it.

11. alternat0

alternat0 Regular Member

so... P9600.

wait for it or not? :D looks awesome btw... wouldn't complain having another blue shoes if this is great.

12. Alexious

Alexious Regular Member

when i searched it, i found the shoes looks like p9500

what's the difference?

i was looking for p9500 but couldnt find it
    so i tried p9200ii

13. Alexious

Alexious Regular Member

damn my bad, i was tricked that when i googled p9600
    there's a shop that sell p9500 as p9600

how to open victor official website victor.com
    when i go to the link, they direct me to local victor website for my country

14. Raju

Raju Regular Member

VPN set to any European country and then look for victor global for updated list.

15. arsdtrn

arsdtrn New Member

entrepreneurs
    Hi, click the 'flag; on upper right change it to 'english' you'll be directed to Victor Global. cheers.

Alexious likes this.
  16. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Li-Ning high end shoes are impossible to find in EU, feel free to prove me wrong;)

17. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Li Ning Germany/Europa, Li Ning Denmark and Li Ning Europe;)

Signature likes this.
  18. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    It's not only the cushion it's also the grip of the sole and the stability.

My shoe history of the past years was

2 x P9200
    2 x P9300
    1 x P9310

now P9500

IMO the P9200 is lacking in the inside of the toe box and and the mesh on the side. The funeral inside the toebox came of on both pairs and box mesh on the side break. Never the less a great shoe which I worn happy.

The P9300 was a good upgrade. Nothing to complain, no issues. The sole was the nearly same from the P9200. Which is known for grippiness and stability in the mid-foot area. The heel is well protected. The only downside, it was not as breathable as the 9200 and I prefered the lacing of the P9200 which fit more snug. I found the sides where a bit lined to much and got pushed out of the sides of the shoe, which looks like a bit funny like the shoes are too small.

The P9310 had thinner funeral and became more roomy, I also felt it was a bit flater. I would recommend it for people with very wide feet or go a half size smaller. I like the shoe, the stability in the mid was a bit less. They swapped some carbon with something which looks like some boost material from Adidas. IMO not a downside. The 9200 and P9300 where quite firm in the middle. For getting on your toes and smooth footwork you needed to work a bit harder.

The P9500 completely different shoe IMO. The mid sole has lost much of it's stability due the different shape of the carbon plate. The grip much better than the others, if you ask me it is for me a bit too much if you play on clean and freshly wiped floors. The sole is more flexible, a bit more bouncy in the front foot are, getting on your toes easier and the foot can roll better inside the shoe. The funeral slightly thicker and from all shoes it feels a bit less roomy. What it really lacks is the inside support for the arch. I wear custom orthopedics, which compensate it, but if you have flat arch, I wouldn't recommend the shoe.

My dream shoe would be the P9200 without the issues of the mesh and inside with the stability plate of the P9310 and the outsole of the P9500. Cushion was great in all shoes, IMO the cushion of the P9310 was the best. Maybe this boost area or the EVA on the heal inside the shoe made it? Who knows.

Woesi likes this.
  19. Raju

Raju Regular Member

Curious about P9600 now. Have been using P8510 and shifted to P9200cc, feels comfortable and stable.

20. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I personally don't have high hopes and from pictures it looks like a big downgrade to me. The sole seems to be more flat and could result in less cushion. It also looks to me that the support will be less. The carbon plate seems to be very small, I don't know the outer sole design and how grippy it is. P9200, P9210, P9300 and P9310 had the same sole design. I wear actually the P9500 and it is miles away from the support of a P9200. The front foot area is much softer and feels slightly Yonex 65-ish, but grip is excellent. Actually I'm not very interested in the P9600 and to me the P6500 looks like getting the same at a lower price.