Stringing machine advise

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Bosse, Oct 25, 2022.

1. Bosse

Bosse New Member

Hello
    I'm currently looking to buy a new electronic stringing machine to upgrade from my manual gamma with lever.

My budget is around 1000-1500 euro and I'm located in Europe, i string around 10-15 rackets a week. I would love some advice on what might be a good machine for me or good sites to buy from.

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Hi there! Given the budget and the serious number of rackets you are doing, I'd say that a StringMaster Deluxe should be on your list:
    https://www.tennisman.de/Weiteres/B...nisMan-StringMaster-Deluxe-LE-Elektronik.html

If you look around the forum, you'll find quite a lot of information about it. Just a great machine with no real downsides in general.
    There is also a version with a short baseplate but this seems to be out of stock for months now.

3. Bosse

Bosse New Member

Sorry I meant to write 10-15 rackets a month, not a week. Quite the difference
    But maybe the stringmaster deluxe le is a good option for me anyways, although a little bit too expensive.

Thanks for your input!

4. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Paid off within a year? No brainer :D

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

kakinami, Bosse and Cheung like this.
  5. Bosse

Bosse New Member

I'm now choosing between the superstringer T15 which seems to be good for the price, and the stringmaster deluxe which is clearly superior but a bit over budget.

Are the clamps on the stringmaster universal or for badminton only? And the most difficult question..is the stringmaster that much better than the T15 so it's worth breaking the bank for it? :)

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

You’ve summed it up perfectly. T15 is a solid performer (with universal clamps btw).

The StringMaster is just that step ahead in pretty much all aspects. Better clamps, better bases (a lot!), better build quality overall and better mechanics to mount the racket. In my opinion, the extra money in comparison to the T15 is well invested.

Ask yourself the question how long it will take until the extra money for the Deluxe will be paid off? This is a one-time investment that will last you for many years to come.

Which Gamma machine do you own currently? Could be the cheapest option to stay with it and just add a WISE. I don’t expect the T15 base machine to be a serious upgrade from the Gamma tbh.

Bosse likes this.
  7. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

I've got the Stringmaster for 2-3 month now and it is well worth the price, especially the clamps and base clamps. If you don't plan to stop stringing, eventhough it will take longer to get back the investment, you will be stringing hassle free

thyrif and Bosse like this.
  8. Bosse

Bosse New Member

I just ordered the stringmaster deluxe, now the wait begins :)

Thanks for all your replies!

kakinami, thyrif, s_mair and 2 others like this.