2023 Petronas Malaysia Open

Discussion in '2023 Tournaments' started by BadSmashPdx, Jan 4, 2023.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Heard on Zhuafun.tech (JustFun) , the livestreamer and commenters saying Chen Yufei was under the weather today.

2. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Yeah, you didn't namecall anyone except the ones you did. :D

I assume there are also more important things in life than complaining on a badminton forum about random people. What do you think?

3. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Yes boss! :D

justiceforlcy likes this.
  4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Jeremy Gan's fashion bag. Did you ever wonder what he might be carrying in it?

20230113-0S2A3287-Edit.jpg

jyeung, nokh88 and Martynas like this.
  5. smikey

smikey Regular Member

I like your analysis and constructive comments.
    Those who just straight up complain and trash the losing player, have they even been to a real high-level tournament? It is different when you’re just playing recreationally. And much more if you’re just watching from the sidelines.

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Would you agree there's another pair on current form?

7. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Ssttt.. You might hurt someone feeling :D

8. ChildrenOfBadminton

ChildrenOfBadminton Regular Member

son , 1 loss doesnt mean they werent favoured before. this is an upset , term which low iq cucks might not comprehend but it does exist indeed. kidambi straight game trashed LZJ and cristie thrice in a row. did i go around saying he is better than christie ? salty indo fans are something else. and before mods come to tell me something please look at the disrespectful posts made by 2 clowns about me and the other guy. if you dish it out you get what you deserve .

#388 ChildrenOfBadminton, Jan 14, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
  9. ChildrenOfBadminton

ChildrenOfBadminton Regular Member

if wang-liang can show a better performance than ChiSat in Ind open as well, then i would agree.
    although for me , badminton will be more interesting lets say 10 years down the line , when the economy is sufficient in india to support sports. you see it basically comes down to the funds . when enough , strong players will come . I am happy enough that inspite of dearth of funds we have improved

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Ice pack.

You back in Malaysia?
    I see a few photos from you.

Cheung likes this.
  11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Deleted a couple of posts that were taking personal attacks a little too far.

Enjoy the finals today.

Mod

Khamenman likes this.
  12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Current form would suggest results over past 3 or 4 months. Wang and Liang have two tournament victories compared to Rankireddy and Shetty's one.

In the Danish Open (October 2022), Wang Liang were out in the first round, Ranki/Shetty reached quarter final.

It would not be hard to argue Wang and Liang are better at the moment with two tournament victories and possibly third one if they win today.

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Yes but only for a couple of weeks, taking photos from the stands this time.

14. lurker

lurker Regular Member

If anyone ever wondered...
    its AS50 for S1000 tourneys

DSC07160.jpg

jyeung, Khamenman and Cheung like this.
  15. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

What a lengthy semifinal round where the last match ended on 11.17pm, it should began earlier on 10.00am instead of twelve noon...

113 minutes duration of grueling duel even surpasses women's doubles match, the vigorous Kodai Naraoka continues to awe badminton fans to display herculean stamina and most importantly steely determination to keep going, remained steadfast in creates late comeback with zest to beat his junior peer agility and superb restrieving skill. Vitidsarn looks frustrated at late part of third game who smashes into the net in crucial points. First ever S1000 final for the Japanese young star, showing escalation in career path. Hot favorite Axelsen standing on imperious state and sublime form to demolish opponents in last two rounds, big question is looming whether the fatigue Naraoka could replicate last month incredible feat in World Tour Finals semifinal. The Japanese consumed 372 minutes in total while mighty Dane needed 149 mins of play en route to book final place.

An SY dominates semifinal match to dictate rallies excellently, the Olympic Champion rewinds the opening game sloppy and passive mode in decider, her stamina wasn't good enough and fully recovered yet to face good retriever and resilient Korean. Yamaguchi is more and more understanding to beat one of her archrivals as she didn't provide opportunity for Tai TY to create creative and wonderful shot rather than pushed Taiwanese star into uncomfortable zone to commit uncharacteristic error. The reigning World Champion raises her game to preserve consistency to cement world number one quality.

China men's doubles pairs start to revive, when Liu/Ou choked to Rankireddy/Shetty after had comfortable lead in second game then faltered in decider, the new adventourous Liang/Wang overcome the Indian duo. The Chinese young prospects will face newly crowned world number one combination Alfian/Ardianto who struggling in assignment to clear first three rounds.

Chen/Jia advance to last round without dropping game including last four process, defending champions can't finish the match properly as Ramadhanti suffered right ankle injury and retired in early second game. The dominant Chinese will take Baek/Lee who tackle Zhang/Zheng after produced interesting turnaround in second game.

Watanabe/Higashino remarkable resurgence in middle of first game spur their confidence to dispose familiar counterparts Bass/Popor and will challenge the unstoppable Zheng/Huang, their last duel in JPN Open presented thrilling and fascinating atmosphere.

upload_2023-1-15_9-11-25.png

It'sMeMeMe, lurker and Khamenman like this.
  16. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    It contains maybe ice pack to rub at the neck of the players in the interval

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

17. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

My guess for the finals would be:
    Zheng/Huang
    Chen/Jia
    Akane
    Viktor
    FajRian

18. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Viktor is in sublime form. After watching the scores in semifinals, probably his first Title of the year might be on the way. But I dont wanna write Kodai out. This guy is an example of perseverance. What a positive guy!. My goodness!. His stamina is in another level. But viktor's steamrolling in the Semis gives me a vibe that today might be his day. Fingers crossed.

19. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

lol WataHiga keeps making stoopid shots.....cost them game 1

20. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Watanabe seems injured in game 2.

Cannot move, cannot defend and move to in front the court.