2023 Yonex-Sunrise India Open

Discussion in '2023 Tournaments' started by BadSmashPdx, Jan 15, 2023.

1. thiwul

thiwul Regular Member

md is weak since 2016. lololol

md is weak all the time or strong all the time

what you say is cowcrap

:D:):D:):D:):Do_O:D;):D:):D:(

2. ojayz

ojayz Regular Member

Academic
    I agree about the discussion that Korea MD isn’t as strong as lyd jjs etc. generation,,, even far back to kdm htk lds yys is the strongest of all,,,

lee yong dae mention abt this issue in the korea bdmtn youtube channel (forgot the name),,,

3. ojayz

ojayz Regular Member

Academic
    Not 100% agree on md become weaker… regarding ahsan/setiawan domination, it’s because of their greatness… even an aging cai yun can’t keep up the pace after 2012 OG… boe/mogensen is not as dominant as ahsan setiawan… and even ahsan setiawan very often lost to minions… i’m quite sure today’s md can give older generation greats a tough battle,,, every eras has their time

Md nowadays very relying on the first three shots and tactical thingy (and I don’t know why but the shuttle speed measure the smash is getting faster now (often more than 350-400 km/h ish)… compared to older generations, rely on power speed rally

4. ojayz

ojayz Regular Member

Academic
    in terms of Rian service, I agree it’s not the best, but now he’s not as error prone as before (hence getting the wr1).

I think, as some of you folks discussed here, FajRi is yet to achieve back to back wt champion, but not super big deal I think, as long as he can prepare the best for the most important tournaments in this year (all england, wc, and asian games). I will consider them one of Indonesia greats if they can grab two tittles out of those threes.
    :D

Let’s go FajRi!

5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Back-to-back Yamaguchi-An SY final showdown illustrates none can beat these two consistent players at the moment, two-time World Champion won last four encounter against 20 years old Korean gem including last week affair in KL. It’s not a walk in the park for Japanese top contender in procedure to overcome the surprising package Katethong who has decent technical skill, most noteworthy cross court net shot and deceptive dropshot to confuse her opponent. The foreseeable outcome at the end though AY played modestly and casual mood. The more interesting semifinal match which contains staggering turnaround to reveal, He BJ had great start in the opener then her game receded constantly despite regained right touch in early stage of final game. First ever victory for ASY who dictates rallies steadfastly that tiring out and frustrates the Chinese lefthander.

Lack of patience saw Ginting fascinating shots can't pass and tame Vitidsarn extraordinary defense rather than found desperation, took narrow defeat in twitchy nerves opening game then the Indonesian accuracy evaporated in mid of second game. The Thai prodigy practically depends on his superb retrieving skill to ploy his opponent to play marathon rallies and waiting them to produce mistake, it worked well and intriguing prospect to wait whether the next generation player strategy against the undisputed world number one. Axelsen outclasses Christie in uneven atmosphere that witnessed the latter panting and striving to score point, the Dane is too hot to handle and has alienated himself from the rest of men's singles players, thanks to stability and outstanding result that way above his opponents.

Major surprise arrives in mixed doubles category as the unstoppable Zheng/Huang fail to reach finale here, the Chinese talismans performance weren't as excellent as usual and credit to Watanabe/Higashino to grasp momentum and rare opportunity. Another world number one combinations Alfian/Ardianto also unable to replicate last week feat, lost three games to World Champions Aaron Chia/Soh WY and will be challenged by China rising stars Liang WK/Wang C.

- “My condition is not good at all,” said Zheng. “Huang Ya Qiong kept encouraging me and giving me confidence. We need some rest. We will go back to China for Chinese New Year and then we will go to the All England.

“I’m disappointed about my performance today, but not so much about the loss. My performance was not good at all. My condition and reaction were slow. I’m more disappointed about that.

“At this tournament I lacked some motivation. I tried to push myself up, but I couldn’t.” ~ BWF News

upload_2023-1-22_9-19-23.png

lurker, Cheung and It'sMeMeMe like this.
  6. Mr Wong

Mr Wong Regular Member

Well. Even if I won that bet, I would have say the same thing to him.

I mean he actually thinks that someone places a bet on JC to beat va.

So not only he has comprehension issues, he does not even have cognitive ones

And I guess he must be someone young . So I guess his future is going to be pretty dim

Pretty sad if you think about it

7. Mr Wong

Mr Wong Regular Member

Arrr, I think this Korean pair managed to give both alfian and the Chinese pair a hard time. Let's not get carried away just because they lost narrowly. And they had a 3 point lead against alfian at 1 point

8. Mr Wong

Mr Wong Regular Member

So how good you want the MD.
    You have seo seung jae who literally is a 1 man show in mixed doubles defeating most of the mixed doubles team except for the ones at the top.

And you have his partner who has been playing exceptional currently

#388 Mr Wong, Jan 21, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
  9. Mr Wong

Mr Wong Regular Member

Good observation.
    I think men double is pretty stacked right now

10. Mr Wong

Mr Wong Regular Member

If you are honest with yourself, they were not that impressive last week as well.

11. Mr Wong

Mr Wong Regular Member

JC is supposed to not lose by more then 12 points over 2 games.
    He lost by 24 points. 15 points in the first game and 9 points in the 2nd game.

https://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/ranking/headtohead.aspx?id=209B123F-AA87-41A2-BC3E-CB57133E64CC

You will see the reason why I actually felt that Jonathan Christie should do better. Considering that he has nothing to lose and that Viktor axelsen was stretched in the first 2 matches of the competition

#391 Mr Wong, Jan 21, 2023
    terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  12. Mr Wong

Mr Wong Regular Member

It's ok. I am not going to explain to you because you will not get it. It's not rocket science but you will not understand.

#392 Mr Wong, Jan 21, 2023
  13. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

It will be an easy two straight sets win for watanabe/higashino today. Wang/donping are no match for them at this conditions.

14. Mr Wong

Mr Wong Regular Member

Even the bookies has given up on them. They actually expect Yuta to beat them by 5.5 points. In other words, Yuta has to beat them by 6 points or more over 2 games for you to win the bet if you bet on Yuta. Vice Versa

15. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Congratulations yuta/higashino for first title in 2023.

16. rakenrol

rakenrol Regular Member

damn is wang yi lyu injured again?

17. Mr Wong

Mr Wong Regular Member

Injured or not. His form is not that great

18. rakenrol

rakenrol Regular Member

tournament software site just posted a walkover win for yuta/arisa. wondered if it was wang who was injured again

19. Kwarevo

Kwarevo Regular Member

What WLY/HDP walkover in final :oops:

20. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    WYL looked poor yesterday so Im not surprised