significant upgrade for Nanoray 10F

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Sami700, Jan 19, 2023.

1. Sami700

Sami700 New Member

I have had this racket ever since I've started training and I have really outgrown it. I am now mid-intermediate to advanced-intermediate and I need an upgrade. I need a polyvalent racket for singles and doubles play, that will help me generate more power, and that will last me until I become an advanced player. Thank you for your answers in advance

2. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

Yonex Astrox 77 or the just released Astrox Nextage

Sami700 likes this.
  3. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

Firstly, focus on improving your technique and tactics and game awareness if you are working on advancing from Intermediate to advanced.

Nanoray 10f is hi-flex and head light according to Yonex official website.

If you change to a more modern racquet you will notice changes in more than one area of your game. These can be both good and bad changes.

When I changed from Nanoray 800 to Astrox 100zz, I noticed the power different straight away. Even the slightest use of arm and wrist are capeable of good clears, lifts and smashes in comparison to the Nanoray800. But within a week of playing with it, the extra forces on my shoulder ruined me. I now only use the Astrox 100zz for singles games and not for more than an hour or so at a time. Serves and net shots were also harder to judge for me because of the head heaviness when compared to NR800.

When I changed from Nanoray800 to Nanoflare 800LT, I initially found it harder to serve as the proportions of the racquet are a bit different. I found myself holding the shuttle at a different place on the racquet head because of it and had to adjust. But after a few weeks it was manageable and comfortable to serve with. Smashes were stronger, but not super duper strong and they were a bit harder to time because of the smaller head.

Unfortunately, that combination of stiff shaft and head lightedness and me gave me elbow problems which I still haven't managed to fix yet.

I don't know what the racquet market is like where you are, but I would recommend you try out racquets if possible before buying. Especially if you are doing a big change such as going from head light to head heavy, or hi-flex to stiff/ Extra stiff.

Astrox Nextage or Nanoray600 or Astrox 77 (play / tour) or Astrox 88 racquets would all be upgrades for you. Nanoray 600 being closest to your original frame specs.

Astrox nextage is the newest model out of all of those suggested and mine is arriving soon for me to test tonight and give feedback on.

pootisfoib likes this.
  4. Sami700

Sami700 New Member

Thanks for your answer! I am actually traveling to Denmark and I will be getting my racket there so I think I have a pretty wide selection. I was looking mostly into the nanoflare series (nanoflare 700 mostly) since there specs are the closest to my nanoray. I was also looking into the auraspeeds from victor because on reviews and spec sheets people seemed to like the manuverability. I also don't want to get a tour racket because I am improving pretty fast so I prefer getting the best racket I can ony trip to Denmark because I may not have the opportunity to find a better racket in my region.

5. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

If you're going for Auraspeeds, consider the Hypersonic for speed, 100x for speed/all-around, or 90kii for speed+power.

Sami700 likes this.
  6. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

I meant to say Nanoflare 600 in my post, not nanoray 600 ^^.

I know very little about Victor Racquets as they are not easy to get hold of in England, I do know they have a big factory / facility in Germany which the badminton insight youtube channel visited sometime last year. So supply might be easier in Denmark

Sami700 likes this.
  7. Sami700

Sami700 New Member

Thanks for all the answers and for those to come!! Everything is useful since I haven't made up my mind yet