Astrox Nextage - 2023

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Baddyman#1, Dec 18, 2022.

1. bhat06293

bhat06293 New Member

I got one a few days ago. I like the feeling and the power i am able to generate with this racket. My previous were lining max 9 lite and muscle power 55, so this is a very good upgrade for me.

Sent from my CPH2381 using Tapatalk

BadmintonDave likes this.
  2. Gpower

Gpower New Member

Bought this a few days ago 4u g5 spec with zymax 62 fire @28 from tennisnuts UK and this racket is super head heavy, this makes holding the zf2 3u and 100zz 3u feel even balanced, very solid racket and feels 3u.

The handle feels g4 size and definitely bigger than normal g5.

Handling isn't as smooth as any top end racket but still good and this is a singles racket and too head heavy and slow for front play but could work if your always at the back.

Racket feels premium and looks really nice but it's definitely for strong players who can swing hard and fast, this racket is harder to use than 100zz, 88d pro as those are faster and easier to defend with.

If you use and comfortable with hh hammers then this is a good racket, I only used it yesterday for the first time and obviously haven't had enough play to fully gauge it's overall playability but I'd definitely get this for singles and only get this for doubles if you can swing hh 3u heavy rackets.

3. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

It's not as head heavy as you are making it out to be. My Astrox100zz feels slower and head heavier than my Nextage.

4. Gpower

Gpower New Member

I was talking about my racket which has a balance point of 322mm without an overgrip and 311mm with an overgrip.

My 3u 100zz is 290mm with an overgrip in comparison so it's bloody hh, I've measured 1 out of 3 100zz 3u.

My zf2 3u with an overgrip is 297mm, I've measured 1 out of 3 rackets again and they are all UK 3u g4 and same weight as I measured them right after buying so clearly my nextage is different from yours

5. Gpower

Gpower New Member

Just watched Paul Stewarts video review on Facebook and his sample racket had a balance point of 319mm which just 3mm off mine and he said this racket is sort of like an updated zf2

6. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

it is only first batch, yoneks always it makes as HH as hell, then they will silently change it :D

Gpower likes this.
  7. Gpower

Gpower New Member

I didn't know that, thanks for sharing Martynas

8. Baddyman#1

Baddyman#1 Regular Member

I recently acquired the nextage. I must say it feels heavier than my 88d pro. Not as fast either and appears to be on the heavier side of 4u. Power is good but can feel the lag and the flex which is expected.

This racket has a lot of dampening and somewhat mute the sound which is throwing me off, the sound helps me gauge my sweet spot hitting accuracy. Sound on heavy power shot is adequate. Overall, dampening is too much for my liking even with bg80 hard string, which was one of the reason I sold my duora 8xp and the 8xp is not as dampened.

Imo, will suit dominant backcourt or single, not a great racket for front and mid imo. Will give it some time but so far there's not much to be desired. She may need to go...

pootisfoib likes this.
  9. Christ14

Christ14 New Member

Im abit late to the Nextage party but i was always a silent reader of BC! My first proper racket was Astrox 99 after reading here too. So my 1st post

got this off someone whos not used to HH racket so he says.

So my 2cents. Honestly. It feels a tad heavier than 99? Or maybe i need to change the grip. To thicker and heavier one similar to my Ax99. But when smashing it. It doesnt have that heavy hammer feel of Ax99 which is weird and i cant get used to it.

The power delivery is top notch. Only if you got it in the sweet spot. The string left to me was N61 @ 27lbs. Not my usual exbolt 63 @26lbs but i dont think they differ that much. The sound when hitting it correctly is absolutely music to everyones ear.

I can clear from back court to back court with Ax99 but with Nextage it seems i always hit it over the line by a feet. And its not accurate. Again i dont blame the racket.

For now. I dont know what to feel about it. After game day. I dont have sore on my shoulder and forearm anymore as when i use Ax99. But i cant seem to get good clear and net play. Most likely i have to adapt.

Hope to hear more from users. Might need help on the next string or i might just string it to the same ex63 @ 26lbs or lesser for more sweet spot

10. Godyu

Godyu New Member

Hi, which one would you recommend, nextage or 77tour or 88d tour? Thank you.

11. BadmintonDave

I haven't got experience with the astrox 77 range. I have played with an 88D or S original version and it was really good. Cant comment on the tour versions though.

Get nextage, if you can afford to go higher to the 88D (tour, pro, game, whatever) then consider that.

12. steven8991

steven8991 Regular Member

Too overprice for a Made in Taiwan racket. It is better to wait for new racket with VDM feature, Made in Japan, and better design and color.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  13. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

I ordered one off Amazon. In stock configuration (factory string, grip, plastic wrap) it weighs 90g; I was hoping to receive a lighter one. The headweight is also quite noticeable. Bending the shaft by hand, it feels quite stiff; don't know if the energy boost cap plus contributes to this feeling. Swinging it around, it doesn't feel fast, but not super slow either, just average speed. Haven't decided whether to keep or return, but kinda leaning towards return. May consider getting an Adidas Wucht instead.

14. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Just for you to know in case you dont know.
    Adidas Badminton is no more. The only Adidas racket ever exist today are all leftover stock. No restock or new model.
    So if you happen to find one, better hurry or else it would be taken by others.

15. what07

what07 Regular Member

What does this have to do with being in a astrox nextage thread :rolleyes:

16. Budi

Budi Regular Member

This one. I guest i forgot to quote:oops:

what07 likes this.
  17. BadmintonDave

This is likely due to the frame flex. I was mis-timing my smashes and had to adjust.

Stick with it and use it in some games or just warming up and see how it works for you. Give it 2-4 hours if you can.

18. steven8991

steven8991 Regular Member

Managed to get Astrox Nextage after one of my local retailer gave discount

Strung with BG 66 Ultimax 25lbs
    BP is measured at 303mm with AC102EX, original grip still intact

I must say this racket is underrated and I don't expect it to perform so well.

Design wise, I like the green part. But I think it is not enough since there are too many black area. And I don't like a racket dominated with black colors. But it is just me, I know many people will like that kind of design.

Regarding the performance, lob and smash are definitely delightful. I like the flexible design on 3 and 9 clock, it really helps to generate power especially when doing full smash and stick smash.
    I also managed to do late forehand clear to baseline with ease due to the medium stiff shaft.

Control shots like drop and net are also very good and I don't see any problems. Can't give more comments to this part.

Defence shots are also surprisingly good and easy for a head heavy racket, again probably due to the medium stiff shaft, not a super stiff racket.

No racket is perfect. The weakness of Astrox Nextage is obviously the speed a.k.a drive shots but it is understandable because this is a head heavy racket. It's not that this is a super slow racket, just an average speed. But I won't mind sacrificing a bit of speed for power, user friendliness, and large sweet spot.

Conclusion: this racket is very well suited for low intermediate - advanced, back-court players who really likes power play like me.

Attached Files:

19. Godyu

Godyu New Member

Hi, i considered to buy astrox nextage, but my friend offered me his old astrox 77. Which one is more worth to buy for now?

20. BadmintonDave

Personally, I would go for Nextage.

If it was an old 88D or 88S, then that would have been my choice ^^.

Godyu likes this.