Victor Jet Speed 10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tecdecs, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Vincent604

Vincent604 Regular Member

The context in past couple of posts are: Trying to figure out the difference between JS10 gold and the others, and which one was stiffer. Thanks

2. what07

what07 Regular Member

I would say Q and C are pretty much identical in terms of stiffness, other notable differences in the frame were kinda already noted between the starwars vs the C and similar can be said with the Q. I also feel the two Q's I had were more towards EB+ then the C's were EB to borderline HL.

OG JS10 I felt was slightly more flexy but its very subtle. Others don't really seem to complain or notice much difference either. Weight/balance if equal both feel equally fast in my book.

Note: most of the JS10C in the 4U spec I would say about more then 50% were 85g+ and a few were even 87g unstrung.

3. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Has anyone had more time with the JS10C to compare to the other versions?

4. papersword

papersword Regular Member

Don't expect the JS10C to be the same as the classic 1st gen (blue), as it has abit more flexible shaft. The 1st gen has the best hitting feeling and performance out of the 3 version I used (1st gen, 10C, star war). One thing I'm sure was it doesnt have the sinking grommet hole problem. The price of JS10C has dropped significantly since I bought first batch at $270 SGD to $190-$195 SGD now.

Dave1011 likes this.
  5. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Thanks @papersword, I've just got a JS10C so can try it for myself soon

papersword and s_mair like this.
  6. leoonsisme

leoonsisme New Member

Can someone tell me the flexibility difference from shaft between JS10 (1st Version) KRP and MYP?
    Someone tell me JS10(MYP) has a better flexibility in shaft ( better for defencing). Is that true?
    And I still looking for it no matter it is KRP or MYP : )

7. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I had both KRP and MYP 3u versions previously.
    Both were more stiff and head heavy than the standard 3u.
    The MYP was by far the most stiff and head heavy, I found it really hard work to use.

8. leoonsisme

leoonsisme New Member

Thanks for your reply! I already get this Infos from here berfore: )
    I understand that the MYP version is heavier and stiffer than KRP version. However, based on feedback from other players, some believe that while the MYP version may be bulkier, they feel that it offers better shaft elasticity, or in other words, it is rigid but has a good bounce.o_O

Do you notice that before?

Dave1011 likes this.
  9. leoonsisme

leoonsisme New Member

Sorry to bother you, but I have a question from 2023 lol:D Have you compared the 3U JS10 Q KRP Version (Watermelon Edition with red and green) with the 3U original JS10 KRP version?

Best wish!

10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Good lord, I can't believe it's been more than 7 years since I owned that KRP. How time flies. :)

And I'm terribly sorry, but I have never owned a watermelon JS10 - neither standard nor KRP. In hindsight and with those 7 years more "wisdom", I actually don't think that any of these holy grail rackets have any real worth to them that would set them apart from the regular ones. Just look for a normal racket that suits you and feels right and stop bothering. There are no magical rackets that have any significant positive impact on your game.

leoonsisme and Dave1011 like this.
  11. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The MYP felt like playing with a cricket bat, I didn't feel any flex at all.

12. leoonsisme

leoonsisme New Member

No worries and I totally understand what you said:)

The reason I want to know the different from watermelon JS10 KRP and original JS10 KRP is I found out after so many years I still prefer JS10 a lot. I have normal 3U and 4U watermelon JS10, but I think 4U for me is too light sometimes and also I think 3U for me is a little bit too stiff too heavy. So now I put my eyes on the KRP 3U version, cause I heard some people said 3U KRP watermelon JS10 is kinda like 3.5U watermelon JS10, and that is what I want ;)

Ja, so I still try to search this JS10 KRP Version now, maybe someone in Germany has it and want to sell it!
    Wish me good luck lol:D

13. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I've not had JS10Q (what you call watermelon) in KRP but I have had 3u and 4u non KRP, the JS10Q was more stiff and more head heavy than JS10

14. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

I have 3u KRP, it is completely the same as regular 3u (other ones are de coded) :) all of them are really fast and very easy to manage compared to 3u tkfe, but it is still the most amazing/demanding racket, just the head size could be a bit smaller :)

yenyesoh, leoonsisme and Dave1011 like this.
  15. papersword

16. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Correct me if I'm wrong.From what I saw Victor's previous "limited edition" rackets, like one piece. They don't really use their high-end model as their base for their limited edition racket. This Jetspeed CNY, from what I can see from the specs has no Pyrofil which tells me that they're probably not using their high-end racket specs. But yea, this is probably for show anyway.

#2956 Zoap San, Dec 24, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2023
    Woesi and yenyesoh like this.
  17. papersword

You are right that this racket does not have Pyrofil. Thought Victor adopt free core for a jetspeed 10 revamp.... Thank you for pointing out.

yenyesoh likes this.
  18. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    There is a missing top cross in the pattern, so it can't be a JS10 repaint. Also the head looks bigger and wider.

papersword likes this.