KLRC NZ Open

Discussion in 'New Zealand Open 2007 / Pan American Open 2007' started by noluckjim, Mar 20, 2007.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

With the top seed, Daniel Shirley/Joanna Quay Swee Ling, losing surprisingly today, INA has a good chance of grabbing a title in the XD. Devin Lahardi/Lita Nurlita overcame a tricky opponent in Hoon Thien How/Goh Liu Ying tonight and will entertain the 3/4 seed Glenn Warfe/Susan Dobson. If they win, they are likely to enter the Final.

In the other half, Anggun Nugroho/Nitya Krishinda will have their first tough test tomorrow, in a match against Tan Wee Kiong/Woon Khe Wei, MAS's promising XD pair. If they can win tomorrow, they should play against the second seed Svetoslav Stoyanov/Elodie Eymard for a place in the Final. Hopefully, it will be an all-Indonesian Final.

In the WD, Lita Nurlita/Nitya Krishinda lost unexpectedly to a JAP pair in three gruelling sets that lasted 70 mins, the second longest match in the tournament so far :eek: So, only the Djarum pair, Meiliana Jauhari/Shendy Puspa manage to enter the quarter-final after a good win over the top seed Lim Pek Siah/Joanna Quay Swee Ling. Looks like Joanna had a bad day today :cool: Their opponent tomorrow is Michelle Chan/Rachel Hindley, a match that they ought to win!

In the MD, there was no surprise as Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan breezed through their match to set up an interesting match against the top-seed Albertus Susanto Njoto/Yohan Wiratama Hadikusumo tomorrow. Meanwhile, Anggun Nugroho/Devin Lahardi managed to beat the second-seed Ashley Brehaut/Aji Basuki Sindoro in rubber-sets. They will face an easier opponent in Joe Wu/Kevin Dennerly-Minturn tomorrow. As expected, the junior pair Fernando Kurniawan/Subakti lost to Chan Chong Ming/Hoon Thien How. The expected match-up between Anggun Nugroho/Devin Lahardi and the MAS pair should be an explosive encounter.

In the WS, Maria Elfira Christina is the sole survivor after she toppled the 5/8 seed Rachel Hindley in two tight sets 22-20, 23-21. A quarter-final result here is good enough for her, considering that she faces Pi Hongyan tomorrow. Pia Zebadiah, Aprillia Yuswandari and Rosaria Yusfin Pungkasari all lost today.

In the MS, Andre Kurniawan Tedjono continues his good form as he beat Ng Wei in two straight sets. He has a good chance against Mohd Roslin Hashim tomorrow. Alamsyah Yunus also performed well today as he managed to squeeze through to the quarter-final, beating Sairul Amar Ayob with the score 22-20 in the rubber set :cool: He will face another tough match against Wong Choong Hann tomorrow.

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Anggun Nugroho/Devin Lahardi are through to the Semi-Final after an easy victory today.

3. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    badmania... can put up the latest results here?? i can go into tournamentsoftware.com website!! :(

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It's a tight match between Albertus Susanto Njoto/Yohan Wiratama Hadikusumo and Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan with the Indo-born HKG pair taking the match 26-24, 22-20.

Chan Chong Ming/Hoon Thien How will be engaged in an exciting SF match against Anggun Nugroho/Devin Lahardi tomorrow after the MAS pair strolled to a victory today.

Zhou Mi is through to the SF after a victory over Jun Jae Yun. The same thing goes for Chie Umezu.

5. tjl_vanguard

Student
    thanks badmania.. haha i won a lot of my paw bets today!!! hihihi... how did u get the result? tournamentsoftware??

6. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
  7. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

Where did u get the result, having been trying to get into tournement software without success since the morning

8. markchan

markchan Regular Member

Latest result - Yeoh KB beat Andrew Smith straight games, 21-11, 21-5.
    Next match, Roslin vs Andre the giant killer.

9. tjl_vanguard

Student
    Dude, frankly, i have no idea!!! DANG!!!!! i tried the link u gave me... i still cant go to that page~~!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

BTW, thx for sharing the link although it cant work... :(

10. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

11. tjl_vanguard

Student
    tehsham, ur on the same boat as i am now!!!!! glad to have a partner!!! haha

12. markchan

markchan Regular Member

I am i Kl and I have no problem to access tournament software..

13. markchan

markchan Regular Member

14. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

15. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    yeah tournament software working for me too...
    You may want to shut down your browser, and restart it...

anywho.. I'm actually rather surprised/shocked to see Andy Smith taken out so easily!!

I think we could be in the midst of seeing an all Malaysian MS final!!! :D

Has this happened before?

NVM... I looked up a row, and saw Roslin lost :eek:

but then again Roslin has not exactl been playing in excellent shape as of late :( unfortunate to see.

#35 Kelvin, May 18, 2007
    Last edited: May 18, 2007
  16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Woow..woow...Andre Kurniawan Tedjono is the simply the man at the moment! He beat Mohd Roslin Hashim 21-17, 21-19. He will face Yeoh Kay Bin next for a place in the Final and he has a good chance.

17. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

He demanded and get a place in the World Cup and here he lost to a junior player

18. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    LOL

Just goes to show, anything can happen in this sport.
    The delayed video feed starts in about an hour and a half for those of us who subscribed :eek:

I shouldn't watch the tournament software board... kind of spoils the outcome for me :eek:

19. milolo

milolo Regular Member

Me neither using streamyx. But when I switch to Jaring line, I can access the site.
    I guess the non-accessible applies to TM streamyx line only.

20. markchan

markchan Regular Member

Wong CH just won against Alamsyah by the skin of his teeth. Rubber games , last game 22-20.