KLRC NZ Open

Discussion in 'New Zealand Open 2007 / Pan American Open 2007' started by noluckjim, Mar 20, 2007.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Wong Choong Hann managed to scrape through after a 22-20 rubber-set victory over Alamsyah Yunus. Too bad for Alam...he won by the same margin yesterday...and lost today...

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Anggun Nugroho/Nitya Krishinda sealed a spot in the SF after a 21-17, 21-15 victory over Tan Wee Kiong/Woon Khe Wei. They should face another tricky tie against Svetoslav Stoyanov/Elodie Eymard tomorrow. It's looking good for an all-INA Final on Sunday.

The Djarum pair Meiliana Jauhari/Shendy Puspa is also on course for a Final spot after they beat Michelle Chan/Rachel Hindley 21-11, 21-16. Their opponent will be a Japanese pair tomorrow.

#42 badMania, May 18, 2007
    Last edited: May 18, 2007
  3. bocmark

bocmark Regular Member

Oh no, MAS XD just lost 21-17 21-15

4. bocmark

bocmark Regular Member

Lee TS won Chan YK 21-13 21-17

5. bocmark

bocmark Regular Member

INA XD won 21-10 21-14

6. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I also cant log on to tournament software..........:confused: and Roslin have to re-think to play in WC2007..as he just lost to a club level player:eek:....shame...:eek:

7. Sammy

Sammy Regular Member

Engineer
    I would say give Choon Han the wild card sport in WC2007 instead of Roslin. Dont see him go far or able to challenge better players. Even a club player managed to defeat him without much sweat.

8. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    I think WCH or YKB deserve the wild card better than Roslin...Just look at Roslin performance in this New Zealand Open.I saw YKB play CH in ABC and he is quite good.

9. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Any NZOpen results? the tournamentsoftware seem still down....can not connect.....bad...

10. Marc E

Marc E Regular Member

IT (whatever IT is...)
    Don't forget Roslin is in a legal dispute with BAM over them failing to enter him for tournaments which has got to be affecting him mentally, especially as he think's it's blown his chances for the Olympics. And probably isn't tournament sharp as he missed the Singapore and Indonesian opens, whereas Tedjono is proving himself to be a bit of a handful at the moment to quite a few players, not just Roslin.

#50 Marc E, May 18, 2007
    Last edited: May 18, 2007
  11. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Andre vs. Yeoh Kay Bin, I think Andre has a 55% - 45% chance of winning... :cool:

But if Andre goes to the finals and meet either Wong Choon Han or Lee Tsuen Seng, then it shall be 45%-55% for the Andre in favor of the experienced Malaysians... :p

I think Lee Tsuen Seng will go the finals. Wong Choon Han is old and will be very very tired by tomorrow. Alamsyah is not a fantastic player, but a very tiring one to play against... "Ulet euy!" :cool: After today's marathon match against Alamsyah, WCH might not have anything left for LTS tomorrow...

12. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

I've just been watching the web stream and I have to say Andre Kurniawan is great to watch. He doesn't seem to have quite the fluidity or finesse of the more experienced players, but he certainly fights, and he's very aggressive (style-wise that is :)). Roslin made a nice comeback in the last set but it wasn't enough.

Meanwhile Yeoh Kay Bin hardly looked like he was trying against Andrew Smith. He just returned everything Andrew threw at him with ease (and Andrew didn't look to happy about it, I don't think he likes losing :p). Personally I think Yeoh is more likely to win tomorrow, but we'll see. Andre has surprised us all before. I'm sure it will be close either way.

I also saw the last part of the match between Wong Choong Hann and Alamsyah. Alamsyah got a bit too excited in the end I think. He was jumping up and down and shouting at 19-18, and 20-19, but I don't think he should have lost focus like that. He might have won it otherwise. Kind of makes me feel sorry for him considering his excitement but I guess it's his own fault in the end :(... Unfortunately my internet chose to cut out at match point 20-19 to Alamsyah so I didn't see exactly how WCH won it (I have to imagine instead).

The streaming is fairly good quality but it would have been nice if they could have zoomed in just a bit more to see the players themselves better. It also would have been nice if there was an option to increase the size of the window as it's quite small when you have your monitor set to a high resolution. Was definitely worth the small price though (in fact it's the first time I've spent money on any type of subscription on the internet :).

13. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    45-55%, isnt that similar like say 50% of winning chance?? :D:D:D:D

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Hmm....he lost it to his overexcitement and inexperience I believe....probably his first major win if he were to beat Wong Choong Hann today.

15. Ethan

Ethan Regular Member

I feel that the BAM chose to give the wildcard to Roslin to offset their mistake for not submiting his registration for the SO and IO. Wanting to please him so that the compensation will be negotiatable ??

16. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I hope YKB will win against the Indonesian. Hope to see an all Malaysian Singles final. Not forgetting CCM/HTH... go and win your first international title.

17. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Yep, he should have left his celebration till he actually won :rolleyes:. Makes me feel sorry for him.

18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As expected, Chan Chong Ming/Hoon Thien How have beaten Anggun Nugroho/Devin Lahardi in rubber-sets 17-21, 21-11, 21-7. They will face the senior HK pair of Albertus Susanto Njoto/Yohan Wiratama Hadikusumo in the Final tomorrow.

In the WD, the Jap pair of Ikue Tatani/Aya Wakisaka have also beaten Frances Liu Fan/Yao Lei 21-15, 21-19. They could end up with a title here.

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Meiliana Jauhari/Shendy Puspa repaid Djarum's trust in them by beating the Jap pair Seiko Yamada/Yu Wakita in straight-sets 21-19, 21-10. They will face another Jap pair Ikue Tatani/Aya Wakisaka in the Final tomorrow. If only Lita/Nitya could beat that Jap pair, we could well see an all-Indonesian Final :cool: Now, can Meiliana/Shendy beat the Jap pair tomorrow? Expect a tough match...

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Two veteran players, Wong Choong Hann and Zhou Mi are through to the Finals tomorrow after gruelling rubber-sets victories over Lee Tsuen Tseng and Pi Hongyan respectively.